Final (Home II)

Hyung, please come home.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Word count: 4k++

 

 

 

 

"Suho, you can't buy love."

Kyungsoo whispered but as his tears threatened to fall, he quickly composed his self before breaking down infront of the two people he loved the most.

"And jongin, it's really not enough for me." Unable to take in kyungsoo's words, jongin breaks apart and holds his hand, so he wont leave.

 

 

"Hyung" jongin cried out. "Dont do this to me." Kyungsoo croaked out back. Suho, seeing this situation knew that he won.

 

Kyungsoo once complimented him for his perfect interpretation of his remark, statement, words because he knew kyungsoo best. According to suho, what kyungsoo's  statement meant was, 'how can you use money to buy me when I'm already in love with you?'.

Suho wanted to feel proud, he wanted to take kyungsoo in his arms, but he sees jongin struggling to let go of kyungsoo and his heart felt nothing but sympathy for the boy. He was evil enough to take someone that was not bound to be his from the beginning and now, not only he is the one hurt, but all of the people involved are in great pain.

"Jongin let go!" Kyungsoo's harsh voice screamed. He sees the said boy wince by his tone and he regretted it immediately.

"Just go jongin, and don't come back". Kyungsoo didnt know what hurted him most; the way suho's hands lost its hold on him, the way his face showed nothing but disgust to the younger, or the way jongin's retreating back looked like the flowers he used to take care of. Broken, wilted, and having no chance of being revived. 

-

 

 

"Was it really necessary for you to say that?" Suho asked while they waited for his personal driver to arrive. Kyungsoo looked at him in remorse. "Did you see the way he looked at me? Did you see how much I hurted him? Did you see how I resemble more of a monster than a human? Suho, he wasnt going to let me go." He answered between hiccups and broken sobs. Suho comforted the younger until the ocean of stars greeted them.

 

"There's something I need to tell you kyungsoo," suho started when both of them laid on the cold grass, where the flowers shook due to the wind. "Can it wait? I'm kind of not in the best state." By then, a car screeched to a halt near them, and suho placed his arms around the petite's frame before carrying him to the vehicle.

"Alright. Let's go home".

But kyungsoo sobs while he gripped the hem of suho's clothes tightly, it felt like his knuckles burned. It wasn't due to the pain he felt because of the earlier incident, instead it was because of the confusion that his mind couldn't comprehend when suho muttered the word 'home'. 

Jongin walked aimlessly until his legs lost the energy to continue. He looked around where he was standing, and his eyesight suddenly blurred before he fainted in the middle of nowhere.

 -

 

There were many things that bothered kyungsoo's thinking mind. Yet he didn't even bother to ask the things itching to be said but instead just pushed jongin away. Questions like, 'Why did the orphanage got taken down? Where did everyone else go? Why was jongin left behind? Why did he run off when he just assumed that jongin harmed the cat? Lastly, why did jongin still awaited for his return?'

What he did to the boy was cruel, the worst type of punishment for a person as naive as jongin was to make him wait while he enjoyed his life. His youth was destroyed yet kyungsoo was living in his. His childhood was taken but he doesn't blame it on others. And instead of wallowing in self pity, he got up and indulged with other's lives without being a disturbance nor a nuisance. Even to the point of making a person in love with him.

Yet, who was kyungsoo to ruin his life? Who was kyungsoo to be a part of his life, to make jongin fall in love with him, to make him rely on him, to make jongin suffer?

Kyungsoo was the person jongin loved, thats what he is. But he's also the person to make jongin feel pain. 

 -

Suho had to confront his parents sooner or later. His parents expected his arrival. They just didn't expect that there would be an unexpected guest. Instead of welcoming him with warm arms, they glared at him from head to toe. Kyungsoo was aware but he knew he didn't have a say. He came without invitation and he simply stayed at their house without consent nor permission. Both of that combined with the fact that he's standing infront of them now seemed to make matter worst.

"Why'd you bring in such a person?" His mother asked, and she simply could impersonate a snake, sticking out its venom to kill the innocent. "Wait. Correction. Why'd you bring in such a pest?" The snake snickered as kyungsoo's head bowed down in shame. Suho's head perked up and he looked at his mother with no affection while he muttered out an 'excuse me'. Suho took kyungsoo's hand in his while pulling him to the kitchen where they had some sort of privacy.

"How can you let them step on you like that? Do you want me to help you and back you up? The only reason why I don't interfere is because you won't let me." It occured to kyungsoo how suho's voice reminded him of the water. So gentle with a touch of force edged in the shivering crashing waves.

"They have the right to be angry."

"What right is that, if I may ask?"

"The right of having your own child disobeying you for an unwanted child."

When they came back, their parents looked almost smug. "Welcome back. What did you two talked about?" Suho's father asked. "It's nothing, really", the elder looked mad at his own son but covered it up nonetheless.

 -

"Don't act like you don't know", he said with his slightly trembling voice.

 

 

"What?" Suho asked back, confused and in a daze. "Don't act as if you're clueless to what happened to me."

 

Suho looked at him innocently before muttering out the same word he said earlier.

 

 

" dammit! Do you think I'm stupid? Do you honestly think I'm not aware of what you've done to jongin? You knew I loved him." Kyungsoo was furious but it was still clear how much love he had for suho in the sound of his voice. Although it filled with rage, it was evident that love was in it as well. Inside, suho snapped because his anger was no longer containable.

 

 

 

"So? You loved him? Don't give me that ty excuse. How can you possibly say out those words so easily? To two men in fact! You love me, but you love him as well? That's your excuse? Its clear that you're cheating, and not in the slightest secrecy! If you really loved me, you wouldn't have mentioned his name every two seconds and if you really loved him, you wouldn't have fallen in love with me in the first place."

 

 

 

Kyungsoo, in his utmost regret didn't try to hide the shame and tears. Suho saw him crying and looked away. The smaller, kept shaking and before suho could apologise and embrace him, kyungsoo passed out. And unlike those typical and happy ending dramas, kyungsoo never woke up.

 

-

 

 

It was cruel how jongin kept on hurting despite others being happy. He was kidnapped yet no one cared, no one noticed. Jongin kept on waiting for atleast one person to realise something was wrong yet no one did. "Stop waiting kid. Nobody loves you," one of the kidnappers said to him multiple times until jongin believes his words.

 

 

 

 

 

The only response jongin gave him was a helpless gaze, and wavering eyes. The kidnappers were not human. They abused him when he did almost anything. He was fed with inedible food that left him no choice but to capture some mouses in the warehouse when no on looked.

"Hey, do you really think that that kid would make it?" 

The kidnapper asked as he lit a cigaratte before placing it between his chapped lips. The other person shrugged unrepentantly. "It's his problem." They laughed at the inhuman joke while jongin breathed a little too heavily.

Jongin knew his time was running out, he knew that he wouldn't make it like his last time. He was tired of waiting because it hurted too much. He wished death would just take him already. And death was willing enough to comply to his request.

 -

 

"Mom, dad. Can I talk to both of you?" Suho's parents looked at him, slightly confused at his behavior.

 

 

"Sure. What's it about?' Suho took the seat infront of his dad, and his mom chose to sat right next to him. 'We forgave you already darling," his mom soothed but suho's rational side was slowly fading.

"Kyungsoo is dying." His parents weren't even the slightest shocked at the news. They nodded and urged him to continue.

"I think, I want to die too." It took a minute for suho's dad to slap him across his pale face. "You idiotic human. What did that pest do to you? What you're feeling for him is sympathy!" His father yelled in rage before collapsing in his chair. Suho's mother was silent, probably replaying her son's words in her head over and over again.

"Dad, mom. Forgive me once more but I love him. I really do love him."  His parents were enveloped into a fit of uncomfortable silence when suho started to cry.

"Suho, we know you're serious about him. We've already done our part to make you happy," his parents consoled. Suho looked exhausted as he replied back.

"You killed jongin." His parents nodded in sync, unrepentantly. "We did it for you, son."

 

 

Kyungsoo screamed as he woke up. It took him a while to take in the view surrounding him. He was confused because he thought he was in a coma. He was aware of the voices speaking around him, including suho's broken sobs of never ending sorrys. It hurted him and he badly wanted to wake up and embrace the boy but his body went against his own will and relapsed.

 

 

He realised then that he was dead. His surroundings were nothing but pure white. Was he in heaven? He laughed at his own thought. With the amount of hurt and mistakes he's done, would heaven still take him in? But if this was hell, kyungsoo wouldn't mind. He looked around the place and saw multiple things at once.

Everything he loved was placed there. His old house, his toys and action figures, collections of his storybooks. It looked awfully like his room in the orphanage. It occured to him then that he felt much more affection towards the place that took him in when no one else did. Everything was perfect and kyungsoo found himself struggling to breathe normally. Because he was free from his past, he was free from being hurt by the pain he inflicted on others, and he was definitely free from the growing hatred he had towards himself.

 

 

This wasnt hell, it was heaven.

 

A smile made its way to his face and stayed there for the longest time in his life. Just then, a figure slowly emerged from the corner and kyungsoo's heart stops.

 

It made its presence known and kyungsoo screamed in hollowness.

 

"What are you doing here?" He screamed sadly while warm tears streamed down his face. Jongin slowly walked towards him and kyungsoo slowly retreats back.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter