Home

Hyung, please come home.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo has no one in his life except Jongin who he considers as his own family. 

There were best friends ever since they were little. They met at an orphanage, and became roommates. Kyungsoo was older than him by years but he couldn't help but feel like jongin is much more mature than he'll ever be. 

Their similarities were what made them close. At a young age, both jongin and kyungsoo were abandoned at the same orphanage by their parents who gave stupid excuses to dump them there. There were in no means related, jongin was left by some stranger who voluntarily rescued him from trafficking and kyungsoo was abandoned by his own biological parents.

Jongin never saw his parents, perhaps he did when he was too young to even make out their faces. Therefore he always envied kyungsoo who atleast knew who his parents were. He hugs his favourite teddy bear to sleep every night, and dreams that his family would come and take him home. 

Kyungsoo envies jongin for his naivety. He was so determined to find his parents that kyungsoo sometimes rolls his eyes in annoyance. What would be jongin's reaction when he finds his parents? Forgive them for abandoning him? Go back to them and move on? Kyungsoo shakes his head in dissaproval because he knows himself that he couldn't forgive his parents for abandoning their son so easily like he was trash. 

There were many single mothers who came to visit the orphanage regularly. They were looking for the right child to make as their own. Kyungsoo recalls a moment where a woman who looked young and friendly, being interested to take jongin. Kyungsoo didn't know why but a surge of protectiveness enveloped his own body and refused to let jongin go. As jongin was too attached to kyungsoo as well, he declined the offer and gave an excuse of wanting his own parents to bring him home, where he belonged.

Jongin and kyungsoo shared a room, with a lot of space to play on. There were one of the youngest kids there due to it being located at a place with a low population. They got the most cosy room because the other children sleep alone. And due to not being able to separate jongin out of kyungsoo's arms, the caretakers just let them be. 

Kyungsoo constantly suffers from nightmares but he sleeps soundly when he sees jongin cuddled up beside him. 

'I want to go home.' Jongin muttered out sadly. There were in their room, still a little drowsy from a good night's sleep. Kyungsoo woke up feeling his torso somewhat wet. Only to find jongin sobbing on his side of the bed.

'Why so suddenly?' Kyungsoo can't help but ask. Jongin looked at him increduosly. 

'Don't you want to go home, hyung?' Kyungsoo stops the tears from escaping before gazing at jongin affectionately.

'I am home.'

Jongin loves to play with the flowers in the yard, and kyungsoo is old enough to attend middle school so he just stood by and watch the others play. At the orphanage, people were homeschooled. Not that they had a choice because the nearest school was almost miles away. 

Kyungsoo attended every class they had. Science,math, english,politics, biology, history and every other subject. In his free time, he reads story books he borrowed from other kids. Although the subjects he took weren't even close to his standard, kyungsoo doesn't mind because he couldn't wait to grow up.

Apart from kyungsoo's busy routine, he always made time to play with jongin and look after him when he plays with flowers. But nowadays, he notices jongin behaving quite out of usual. He spends his time studying rather than playing. And he's too busy to even notice that the flowers he took care of were slowly wilting. 

Jongin realises he's pushing it too far. He was both mentally and physically drained by doing this to himself. But what else could jongin do? Kyungsoo was getting further and further apart. The only thing he can do is to sacrifice his well being to keep his pace with kyungsoo.

'Are you alright, jongin? You look kind of pale lately.' The elder questioned with his big round eyes.

'I'm fine. Just exhausted.' 

'Cut it out jongin, you're hurting yourself by studying almost every minute. What's chasing you so bad that you're running away so fast?' kyungsoo was genuinely concerned for the younger's health. He hasn't been himself lately and that worried the elder more. 

'What's it to you? The only thing you care about is yourself! Tell me hyung, what's written on your diary!' He snapped angrily. Everything bottled up inside jongin was bursting one by one and he couldn't think straight.

'You know that's not true! You know I care for you more than I care for anyone. Wait, you read my diary? I thought we had a mutual agreement involving privacy!' Kyungsoo snapped back. 

'That's not the point here hyung. You wrote on your diary that you wanted to leave this place. You wanted to leave me, alone here. Studying, playing, sleeping on my own. You decided both our fate on your own. You didn't consult me beforehand.' Tears were b in jongin's eyes and he had to look away so the elder wouldn't notice. Kyungsoo was speechless. He hadn't meant

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter