Chapter 14

Make Me Feel Alive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

       Hyuk went to his work with Saerin’s father. Saerin’s father, Saerin and Hyuk had discussed on what to do and what to say for the meeting. Saerin’s father was very chill though. Meanwhile, Hyuk was feeling nervous. For the first time he finally knew how it feels to be nervous. They immediately went to the manager’s office once they reached the building.

 

       “Ah, Hyuk you’re here,” the manager smiled, “with your father. Welcome sir.”

 

       Saerin’s father did smile but the smile dropped just in three seconds. The manager told the both of them to sit down. There was an awkward silence. It was obvious that the manager was nervous. Meanwhile father just remained quiet.

 

       Father coughed to break the silence, “I’m hundred percent sure you know why I’m here...”

      

       “Ah yes...”

 

       “And my answer is –“

 

       “Sorry I’m late!” a girl’s voice appeared.

 

       All eyes turned to that girl. Youngji just smiled and bowed. She then walked to stand next to her father, the manager. She was full of confidence.

 

       “Nice to meet you Hyuk’s father,” Youngji bowed again.

 

       Father just nodded, “ As I was saying, my answer is No. I don’t agree with this stupid arranged marriage. Who are you to control my son’s life?”

 

       Youngji’s smile dropped and the manager went silent. Hyuk was actually smiling inside, he owes Saerin’s father, his master, a big time.

 

       “Sanghyuk said he didn’t want to and why is it, Hyuk?” father turned to Hyuk with a gentle smile.

 

       “I like someone else,” Hyuk blushed.

 

       The answer was actually unexpected. Hyuk, Saerin’s father and Saerin did not actually plan this part. Father was shocked but he felt good and relieved at the same time. He felt happy as he did not let his father down. It was a success.

 

       Youngji’s face turned into dark and she looked mean at this point of time, “It’s Saerin isn’t it?”

 

       “What’s wrong with Saerin?” Hyuk whispered.

 

       “What’s good about her?” Youngji asked.

 

       At this point, the manager looked worried and nervous. There was a silence. Saerin’s father had to keep himself calm. He had to hold back to slap this Youngji girl.

 

       “I’m sorry but Saerin is better than you. She’s not rude like you who talk bad behind her back. She is actually Hyuk’s neighbour so I know her better than you know her.”

 

       The manager  was about to talk but father cut him, “So in conclusion, Hyuk is not getting married.”

 

       “Let’s go, Hyuk.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter