Pretty Pink Lips

Can You See Me?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hey guys, just a little forewarning...I know it's been rill fluffy so far, but the angst tag will be showing itself in a very short while... :| brace yourselves

AND THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS ASDFGHJKL

Also here's a gif of Jimin twerking

you're welcome

kookie life...GO

~

Now that I was enlightened on the whole Yoongi-liking-Hoseok front, it became more and more apparent to me how...well, how gay I really was.

Having a "companion in the business" made it easier to accept my feelings and my uality. I was definitely more open about it than Yoongi was, since he hated talking about Hoseok or showing very many feelings in general, but I certainly wouldn't have been so cheerful and confident if it weren't for him.

Another month slid by easily and well-scheduled. Nothing in particular changed in my life from October to December: I worked at Jimin's Market every day from 4:30 to 9, Umma teased me and asked cute questions, Appa worked a lot and never mentioned anything along the lines of uality, and I continued to grow more and more fond of my six friends.

Yoongi and I worked as undercover spies for one another when it came to our rainbowual interests. Whenever I would go to work or hang out at Hoseok's house, I would always spy on Hoseok and inform Yoongi if I thought there was a chance -- any chance -- that the guy might have interest in him. With Hoseok, of course, it was insanely difficult to tell, because he was so warm and gushingly friendly to everybody. Two months of being his buddy was not long enough to tell the difference between his flirting and being polite.

On the flipside, Yoongi spied on Jimin. In any other situation I wouldn't have been okay with that because...well, he was Jimin, and I didn't like the thought of him being uncomfortable or watched or just, well, looked at in general by humans...other than me.

It was four days before Christmas when things began to change in my life. I walked down the school stairwell at three o'clock as I always did with Seokjin, peeking my way around anything that might block my view of Jimin in my desperate hope to catch a glimpse of him, when Seokjin told me he was going to his own house.

"What?" I demanded, turning to him with surprise. Seokjin only ever came to Hoseok's house after school...it was almost like a law, it was so strict and regular. "Why?"

"My dongsaeng is sick," Seokjin responded, giving me a gentle pat on the upper arm. "Go find Hoseok and Jimin. You'll survive without me just fine."

Of course I would, but it felt strange to walk out of the school building alone. Ever since I had been able to take steps without a guiding arm linked through mine, I had always had Seokjin by my side as a friend instead of a guide.

It was snowing lightly outside, sprinkling white in a gentle sheet across the campus. Kids rushed to their cars and the bus lines, sending puffs of snow flying and barely keeping their scarves on their faces in the wind. I dodged my way around them all, keeping my eyes peeled for the familiar sight of my friends.

When I saw him, my body tensed up and apruptly warmed, just like it was the first time. He stood alone outside of the front door with a beanie pulled low over his in-need-of-a-haircut bangs. He pursed his lips with boredom as he fiddled around with his gloves, attempting to hold his phone and pull them on at the same time.

"Hyung," I called, striding over to him with a grin lighting up my face. "Where's Hoseok?"

"I think he had to stay after school to get help in a class," Jimin replied in a slightly strained, high-pitched voice. He sounded cold and about five years younger than he actually was.

"Do you want my jacket?" I offered as we started towards his house without needing to exchange words regarding our destination.

"No, pabo," he sighed, puffing out a cloud of frozen breath. "You'll freeze to death. I have my own."

I don't care...I want you to be warm...

I was so pitiful. I forced myself to tear my eyes away from the way his chubby cheeks flushed pink in the cold weather and focused instead on not falling and breaking my face on ice.

We were both shivering and frozen solid by the time we arrived on his doorstep. Jimin's umma came flying in like a fairy god mother, providing a drying rack for our snow-covered winter gear and steaming mugs of hot chocoalte.

"Thank you," I said honestly with a bow.

"Let's go to my room," Jimin suggested, reaching up with a tiny hand to flatten his wildly wind tossed hair.

"Okay," I said casually, concealing my excitement behind a blank expression. In all the weeks I'd been Jimin's friend and all the hours I'd spent hanging out with him, never once had I seen his bedroom. I could only be nervous to be so alone with him for the first time in a long time and pray he wasn't just as nervous as I was.

Jimin's room was probably twice as big as mine was. It had a unique, triangular ceiling, since it was the edge of the top floor that was probably a redone attic. The walls were a similar color to my own -- blue, almost baby blue, but his were covered almost completely in posters and different shelves full of albums. His bed was unmade, queen-sized, and fluffy-looking, and the urge to flop down on it was almost overpowering.

"Your room is huge," I managed to say, sitting on the edge of the bed as he moved to open the blinds across from me.

He turned and grinned at me, lighting up both his face and probably every cubic inch of my insides. "Not really. The ceiling is really low."

"Perfect for a short little guy like you," I teased, giggling as he thwacked my chest with the back of his hand. "Kidding."

For about forty five minutes we sat side by side at the foot of his bed and played the X-Box, using his flatscreen. I had never played a video game before, since...well, I couldn't, so it was a surreal and embarrassingly difficult experience. Jimin wasn't exceptionally talented in the department either, despite the fact that he insisted he was a pro. I just smiled and let him have his fun.

Eventually we were both exhausted from challenging our skills with something we both secretly at, so we just flopped back on the bed and stared up at the ceiling.

Of all my six new friends, I always found Jimin to be the least serious, maybe excluding Taehyung. I could easily switch moods and start a very deep and meaningful conversation with Seokjin, Yoongi, Namjoon, or even Hoseok, but I never really did anything but joke around with Jimin and Taehyung. Maybe that was why I was so shocked when he brought up something so meaningful.

"What's the most beautiful thing in this room, Jungkookie?"

I craned my neck to look at him with my brow furrowed. "As in, what do I think looks the nicest in this room?"

"Yeah. Like, I think it's that poster over there of Go Ara, but you always see things a little bit differently." He smiled then, leaning h

Please log in to read the full chapter