Violets Aren't Actually Blue

Can You See Me?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jungkook's Point of View

For me, life was perfect.

The day Jimin confessed his love to me I fell asleep with a smile on my face, held him in my dreams, and awoke still smiling. I could hardly feel the stress of all my new classes the next day at school, because the boy of my dreams finally belonged to me.

Every time we made eye contact, electricity danced through my body and color rose to my cheeks. Every time we touched, an overpowering urge to pull him closer drove through me. Every time we kissed...

Well, that hadn't really happened again since the big night. Not officially at least. We never got alone time, since every time I saw him was at work or school with customers and friends all around.

That saturday, five days after the confession, I was watching TV alone in Hoseok's basement before our shift began at the market. Yoongi and Hoseok had gone upstairs five minutes earlier to make popcorn and clearly became distracted and "got lost" on the way there, so Taehyung went up to finish the job. Namjoon and Seokjin were visiting colleges, because Seokjin had yet to decide and Namjoon was deciding early like the knowledge prodigy he was.

Jimin was still grounded. He figured it would go on as long as his father tried to change Jimin's mind.

"So forever," was how Jimin had finished the sentence, grinning at me so gorgeously I had to resist the urge to leap across our lunch table and kiss him full on the mouth.

As I sat alone in the basement, a soft pattering noise made me glance up to the basement stairs. Hoseok's noona, Hyomin, stood in a full pajama outfit, her normally black and shiny hair in a greasy bun atop her head. 

None of us, not even Hoseok, had seen much of Hyomin since the party the week before, which was apparently a way for her to show the ex boyfriend that she was "over him." It pained me to think that Hoseok's bubbly noona had been infatuated with that freak...she deserved better. Everyone deserved better. Words bubbled up in my mouth at the sight at her, so I started spluttering with the effort to say them all at once.

"Settle down, Jungkookie," she said gently, the traces of a smile appearing at the corners of her lips. "How are you?"

"Good, how are you? How have you been, Hyomin?" I asked, turning and grabbing the couch cushions as she walked around to the laundry room.

"I've been better," she said with signs of cheer. She paused in the doorway of the laundry room and turned to look at me, open with silent words. "Look...honey, I wish I'd apologized to you as soon as it happened. I've been too scared to face you since then. It just reminds me...of him..." her voice broke, and she rose one fist to , eyes pleading with me.

"Don't apologize," I said, grinning at her to show I meant it. "You didn't do anything, noona. And I didn't get hurt."

Hyomin returned my smile, taking a few strides forward and ruffling my hair with one hand. "I have to thank your Jimin, too. He did what I never could."

I arched an eyebrow. "Beat the out of Jooyoung?"

She shook her head around a giggle, leaning one elbow against the back of the couch. "Not necessarily. He taught Jooyoung a lesson, though. Not to drink, not to , not to manipulate."

"Is he always like that?" I asked shyly, though I already knew the answer.

"Not at all. He cleans up very well. He's very charming and sweet and funny." She heaved a sigh and shrugged. "I'm not giving him any more chances. He doesn't deserve it. Not if he  anyone, much less one of my little brother's best friends. A kid."

"Has he done that before?"

"I sure hope not." She scrunched up her nose. "Actually, I don't really care. Screw him."

I nodded, encouraging her mental process because I didn't really know how else to input.

She just smiled and winked, pinching my cheek quickly between two fingers before walking away. "Bye, Jungkookie."

Taehyung came bounding down the stairs just as Hyomin ascended them. A bowl of popcorn balanced precariously on his forearms, and it almost went cascading to the floor at his surprised halt.

"Hey, Taehyung," she said as she left.

"She's okay?" he asked me, hopping over to me with the popcorn.

"She seems a lot better."

"Maybe it's because Hwang Jooyoung is awake."

I jolted upright and spun around to stare at my hyung, second guessing the reliability of my ears. "Hwang Jooyoung is awake?"

He nodded, popping a handful of food into his mouth innocently.

Oh crap, I thought frantically, turning back to the TV but hardly paying it any attention. He's going to be pissed at Jimin, isn't he?

...

On Monday morning, Jimin told his parents he had to come to school early to work on a project.

On Monday morning, I told my parents Jimin was picking me up before school to hang out for half an hour.

"Is he here?" Umma asked as she hurriedly combed her fingers through my hair to flatten it.

I glanced out at the driveway and jumped at the image of his car pulling into the driveway. "Yeah, I gotta go."

"You should invite him in! I haven't gotten to see him in a while!"

I glared at her before shouldering on my backpack and strolling over to the door.

"Jeon Jungkook, I want to talk to my son's boyfriend."

Feeling giddy at the label she gave to Jimin, I shook my head at the ground. "Aish, Umma. It's just Jimin. You've known him for months."

She smirked at me, her arms crossed, before she leaned in to kiss my cheek. "Go have fun, baby."

"Okay. Thanks." I turned and pulled open the dooor, already itching to see him for the first time in days, to hear his

Please log in to read the full chapter