CHAPTER 6

Beautiful Disaster

“Did you eat breakfast yet?” Jiyong asked as he tugged at the end of my sleeve. I was writing down notes on my notebook so my eyes bounced from my laptop and my notes. He sat beside me, making the couch make that annoying sound. I heard him sigh then I felt his shoulder lean against mine. I peeked over at what he was doing; he was doodling on a piece of paper. After a few seconds, he put his hand on top of my notebook, his palms facing down. Then removed it, leaving a piece of paper with his writing on it.

Why are you mad?’

I laughed at his handwriting, it was very feminine for a guy like him. I started to scribble my reply to him just below his words.

‘Nice handwriting’

He leaned over to read what I wrote.

‘Srsly, why?’

I read what he wrote then scribbled my reply under it.

‘Stop flirting with me, I told you I just want to be friends’

He turned back to the paper then scribbled another reply.

’Okay then, I’m sorry. I was just playing a joke.’

I sighed, “Okay.”

He looked at me with disbelief. I looked back at him, “What?”

He laughed, “Is that really why you got mad?”

I nodded.

“You could have just told me, you didn’t need to ignore me for days.”

“I didn’t ignore you for days.”

“Yes, you did. You didn’t talk to me for 4 days, psycho.” He raised his four fingers in the air as he said the last words.

I chuckled, “Why? Did you miss me?”

He pouted, “Who am I supposed to miss then?”

I stopped writing. I felt my heart beat fast and I don’t know why. I faked a laugh, “I’m sorry then.”

“I didn’t mean anything with it.”

“I know, but you’ve gotta know limits. You can’t be putting your lips on any part of my body when I just assured everybody that you’re not gonna get in my .”

He bursted into laughter, “This is why we’re friends! God, I love you.” I looked at him, his eyes widened. He chuckled, “You know in a friendly way...”

“Whatever” I said as I shut off my laptop. As the screen turned black, I shut it then put it down on the coffee table. I slammed my notebook on top of it and groaned. I leaned my back down as I stretched my arms and legs.

“What are you even writing?” he asked as he took my notebook and opened it.

“History.” I grumbled. His eyes were scanning through the pages with a serious look. He leaned back down on the couch, my notebook still in his hands. I turned to face him, I looked at him as he read my notes.

“Why are you studying? It’s Christmas break.” He finally said as he closed my notebook and tossed it onto the table.

“I have an online test tonight, don’t you have history?”

He shook his head.

 “Unfair!” I exclaimed. He laughed at my reaction. I rolled my eyes at him, “It’s hard! His essays are worth 50 points! How the hell can someone do that?”

“Piece of cake.”

“Like you can do it.”

“I can” He said with no hesitation.

“What are you saying?” I looked at him with one eyebrow raised. He turned to face me, “I’ll take your test for you.”

I laughed as I shook my head. “What’s the catch?”

“If I pass” he paused. “You’ll change your hair color.”

“What color?”

“Jet black.”

“I’ll rather fail.” I said as I stood up. His hand grabbed my wrist before I would walk away, my back facing him.

“If I fail, I’ll dye my hair.”

I turned around to face him, “If you fail, you’ll dye your hair...” I paused, “blue and pink!”

I giggled as I imagined him with that kind of hair colour. He let go of my wrist then offered his hand. I shook it with mine.  “It’s a bet then.” He laughed as he stood up from the couch.

He was on his way to the stairs when I asked him, “Don’t you need my notes?”

He shook his head then faced me. “Just text me your student number and class code.” He chuckled as he went up the stairs.

 I bent over to pick up my laptop and notebook from the table when the front door opened. I turned around; Seungri closed the front door behind him. He was carrying grocery bags so I walked to where he was and helped him. He took off his jacket with his free hand then threw it on the table. We walked inside the kitchen, set the grocery bags on the table then started pulling out the things inside it. “You bought a lot!” I exclaimed as I pulled out the last pack of pasta and put it on the table. Seungri was looking through the fridge, taking out rotten or expired food and throwing them into the garbage can. When the fridge was close to being empty already, he started to fill it up again with the new ones he bought. I just stood beside the fridge, handing him the things he asks for. After 15 minutes, the table was empty and the fridge and cabinets were all full.

Seungri groaned, “I’m starving!”

I looked at my watch, 12:21PM. “It’s lunchtime already.”

“Wanna eat out?”

“But” I pointed to the fridge, “We’ve got lots of food.”

“That’s for tomorrow! Come on!” He said before dragging me by the hand until we reached the front door.

“Can’t we just order pizza?”

Seungri pouted, but still agreed.  He was talking on the phone when Dara and Taeyang came in through the front door. They both waved at me before going up the stairs. I walked to the couch then dropped onto it. It made that annoying sound again that made me groan. When the call finally ended, Seungri joined me on the couch, dropping like how I did. After a few minutes, the doorbell rang. Seungri jumped up then ran to open the door. He paid for the pizzas then jogged back to where I was. He set the boxes of pizza on the table then sat on the floor. He started to devour the pizza before I could even get a piece.

“Sorry, here you go.” Seungri gave me a piece with his free hand.

“Thanks.”  I said as I started eating. After 3 slices of pizza, I leaned back down on the couch with my hand on my stomach. I was so full. Seungri finished his 6th slice of pizza before he put the boxes of pizza in the kitchen. When he returned, he dropped himself on the couch. We both laughed at our state. He stopped laughing when he noticed my things on the table.

“You’re studying? For what?” he asked as he pointed at my laptop and notebook.

I nodded, “History. I have an online test tonight.”

He bobbed his head, “You should ask Jiyong hyung to help you. He’s good in history.”

“But he doesn’t have history yet.”

He nodded, “He got exempted because he had high grades last year.”

My jaws dropped, “Are you serious?”

Seungri’s head tilted in confusion, he looked like a little kid lost in a crowded place. “What’s wrong?” he asked.

“Jiyong’s gonna take my test for me tonight...” I paused, “We had a bet.”

Seungri started laughing, “Why would you bet against hyung? I hope you didn’t bet for something big.”

I laughed nervously, “He didn’t borrow my notes to study so there’s a chance that he’ll fail, right?”

“He didn’t see your notes even once?”

I shook my head, “He read it this morning, but only once.”

He laughed, “Looks like you’re in trouble, hyung has photographic memory.”

“I’m in deep .”