CHAPTER 1

Beautiful Disaster

"Ma fille, ready?" My mom asked for the nth time as we look at strangers pass by us. She was playing with the silver bracelet around her wrist, the diamonds shining against her skin. ((Ma fille = my daughter))

 I sighed, "Maman...” ((Maman = Mom))

I looked at my mom with a smile on my face, reassuring her. "I'm gonna be fine, ne vous inquiétez pas pour moi" My mom was gonna tell me something when one of her workers approached us. "Your plane's ready" she softly spoke. My mother smiled and nodded at her. I stood up and so did my mom. ((ne vous inquiétez pas pour moi = don’t worry about me))

Tears started to form in her eyes, I wiped them with my fingers then hugged her. “je te aime” I told her as I pulled away. I walked with the worker to the plane. Since it's a private plane, I’m the only passenger. The workers helped me with my luggage then left me to rest.

---

I smell a different scent, well, different from where I come from. I look at people around me, people that mind their own business.

"Lee Chaerin?"

I turned around; a skinny korean girl was holding a sign with my name on it. I smiled at her and nodded.

"I'm Park Sandara, I’m from YGD. You mother called us up and told us you'll be arriving today."

"How did you know it was me?"

"Your mom sent a picture"

I face palmed, "why mom why"

"It's alright" she laughed, "Come on, they're all waiting for you."

"They?"

She nodded, "Some people from YGD came too. They wanted to welcome you."

She got the duffel bag that hanged from my shoulder and started to walk to the exit. I followed behind, pulling my 2 suitcases with each hand. The duffel bag looked like it was carried by a kid. Sandara was so skinny that it looks like she was having a hard time carrying the bag. But she wasn't. She walked normally, without trouble. We reached a black van when Sandara finally stopped walking.

"OPEN UP" she said loudly while banging on the car door. The door opened and out came a red haired curvy girl, followed by a tall guy, then a skinny guy with blonde hair and a guy with a mohawk.

"Well, introduce yourselves" Sandara said as she went inside the van. I awkwardly smiled at all of them.

"I'm Park Bom." The red haired curvy girl said as she hugged then kissed me on the cheek.

"I'm Choi Seunghyun, but you can call me TOP." The tall guy said as he put his arm around Bom's waist.

"Hurry up with your intros" The blonde skinny guy said as he made an annoyed sound. He scanned me from head to toe, I wasn’t looking at him, but I felt the weight of his stare.

"I'm Taeyang" the guy with the mohawk said, shyly.

Sandara came out of the van and stood beside me. "She's Lee Chaerin, now, let's go, I’m hungry" she said as she pulled me into the van. She was the one driving and I sat shotgun. Jiyong sat alone at the back of the van. Taeyang, TOP and BOM sat at the middle, respectively.

"Okay, so have your mom told you about YGD already?" Sandara said, not removing her eyes off the road.

"Not really, I didn't even know that she called you up."

"Well, YGD’s a dormitory, more like an apartment actually. Just a few blocks away from the campus. There are rules, but I’ll tell them to you later. Don't be shy, okay? We're all really friendly." Sandara looked at me for a second to smile at me.

"Thank you, Sandara" I smiled even though she won't see.

"Just call me Dara by the way"

After an hour or two of driving, we finally arrived. We stopped in front of a small building by the corner. It looks nice, doesn't look like a dorm. Really different from where I live.

"We're here! Wake up, TAEYANG!" Dara shouted, without even looking at the back, as she turned off the engine. We all got out of the van but I went to the back to get my suitcases. The guy with blonde hair got off carrying one of my suitcases.

"I'll help you with this" he said as he pulled my suitcase.

"Thanks" I smiled, and then went inside the van to get my other suitcase. He was already gone when I got off the van. I looked at the building, "This is it" I thought to myself. The walls of the building had art painted all over it. It covered the dead old brick wall with the combination of colors it showed.

"Where's Chaerin?" I heard Dara's voice from the inside.

"Coming!" I said, loud enough for the people inside to hear. I pass through the gates, pulling my suitcase with all my strength. Suddenly, a hand appears on the handle and pulls it. I turn around, "Thanks, Chaerin by the way."

"I know, your mom called this morning. I'm Seungri."

He suddenly kissed me on the cheek. Unknowingly, I kneed him on his crotch. He cried out loud making the others come running out. My hands were covering my mouth, as I kept on saying sorry.

"What the hell did you do Seungri?" Jiyong asked, laughing.

"Nothing!"

Everyone was laughing, I was surprised at the absence of annoyance from them. "I'm sorry, I have space issues" I whispered. "You don't say" Seungri mumbled. "It's alright, come on, let's eat dinner"

Seungri got the suitcase from me and tried to walk normally, but I can see he's still in pain. I was so embarrassed that I couldn't even look at him. Everyone went back inside and I followed behind, slowly. It was a normal living room, it was big, big enough to fit a football team. I followed them to the kitchen. It was also big. There were 2 tables, 6 chairs each. BOM and Dara sat at the other table together with one more girl. The boys sat at the other table. Then there was a guy by the kitchen counter preparing the food.

"Chaerin, sit here" Dara said as she tapped the chair beside her. I smiled and approached their table.

"You can just call me Chae by the way" I said as I sat down.

"Annyeong, I’m Gong Minji" the girl in front of me said, shyly.

"Annyeong" I smiled at her. "Who's that?" I whispered, pointing at the guy who was walking towards our table with spaghetti.

“Annyeong! I’m Daesung, but you can call me dae.” His eyes disappeared when he smiled which made me smile back at him. He placed a plate of spaghetti in front of everybody then went to the guys' table. Dara started the conversation by asking me the basic stuffs.

“Wait, I still don’t know who goldilocks is.”

“Do you mean Jiyong?” Bom asked after laughing.

“I think so, he didn’t introduce himself at the airport.”

“Don’t mind him, he’s a snob.” Bom chuckled as she continued eating.

"Now, for the rules." Dara said as she finished her last bite of spaghetti. She's a fast eater. All three of us were still eating.

"You are not allowed to bring anyone over to your room. The 2nd floor is off-limits for visitors.”

I bobbed my head as I kept listening to Dara while finishing my plate of spaghetti.

"When you argue with one of the members of YGD, we have this tradition that we do which in you will stay inside one room for the whole day together with the person you argued with. We call it 'Time outs'"

"Even just a small argument?" I asked as I took my last bite of spaghetti.

"It really depends, the members will vote if you guys need the time out or not."

Bobbing my head at the right times, I try to remember everything she says.

"Every saturday night, we go to XXI, just for extra cash. So if you want to, you could come with us tomorrow."

I nodded, yet again. Dara explained all the rules, but because I was already exhausted my mind didn't register everything. After dinner, everyone did their own thing. Some went in their rooms while some watched tv in the living room. I followed Dara upstairs as she helped me with all my stuff. She gestured on the door at the most right, "Well, that's your room right there."

"Thanks" I said as I nodded at her.

"If you need anything, my room's just beside yours. I'm gonna hit the hay already so good night!" She hugged me for a second then jogged to her room. As I opened the door to my room, I heard a squeal from BOM then giggles. From the sounds, I think her and TOP are enjoying having the living room to themselves.