CHAPTER 5

Beautiful Disaster

Every day for the past week, I rode with Seungri to school in the morning. I attend my first class with Jiyong, his chair&table always right beside mine, it's surprising that our teacher doesn't even mind. Constant glares from the girl students I pass by whenever I’m with Seungri or Jiyong. I attend my last class with Seungri then ride home together.

"It's Christmas break tomorrow!" Bom said as she stood by the door of my room with a smile on her face.

I sat up and moved to the edge of my bed, making my legs dangle from the bed. "Really? It feels like I just started my school year." I said before yawning and stretching my arms and legs.

Bom laughed, "Well, you really just did actually." She walked towards me then sat on the edge of my bed. “So Chae, tell me.”

“Tell you what?”

“Rumors are going around the university, chae.”

“What rumors?”

“You and gd.” She chuckled but she looked serious.

“We’re just frie--”

 We heard a noise that came from the stairs which made us stand up from the bed. Bom and I ran out of the room to check what happened.

"Oppa! Those are my clothes!" Bom shouted from the top of the staircase as she glared at her boyfriend who dropped her suitcase.

"Sorry, baby." TOP smiled at Bom, but she just stuck out her tongue at him.

"Where are you going, unnie?"

"We're staying at my parent's house for the break."

"For the whole break?"

She nodded and smiled, “Don’t forget the special rule, Chae.”

“I didn’t.”

“Nothing’s going on? You’ve been spending loads of time with gd already.”

I shook my head.

 "Don't miss me too much." She hugged then kissed me on the cheek as she ran down the stairs. She stopped as she reached TOP at the bottom then kissed him on the cheek. They looked so happy together. Looking at them, made me smile like an idiot in pyjamas.

"Unnie!"

I turned around to see Minzy coming out of her room with a duffel bag. My eyes went to her bag, "You're going away too?"

She nodded, "Daesung oppa's gonna drive me to my family's then he's going to his mom's after."

I pouted, "I'm gonna miss you". She hugged me before going down the stairs. She hugged everybody downstairs before leaving through the front door.

"Minzy-ahh wait for me!!" Daesung shouted as he ran out of the house. He also had a duffel bag hanging from his shoulder.

I sighed, "They're all going to their families for Christmas and here I am, in my pyjamas."

"I'll be staying."

I turned around; it was Jiyong, in his boxers.

"Aren't you cold?" I asked him as I looked at his exposed skin.

He looked up at me, "Why? Would you warm me up?"

I rolled my eyes at him, "You're not staying with your family for Christmas?"

He shook his head.

"I better leave then, I don't want to be left alone here with you." I said as I passed by him to return to my room. It was a joke but I said it seriously so I’m surprised Jiyong didn't get offended.

"Dara noona, Seungri and Taeyang will be staying too!" He shouted as he jogged down the stairs. I heard the television turn on and a noise that came from the couch.

I pulled open the drawer of the cabinet beside my bed and got my laptop. I turned it on and went to skype. I clicked onto my mom’s picture and waited for her to answer.

"Maman!" I shouted as I saw her face on my screen.  ((maman = mom))

"Shh" she shook her head. "Not so loud, ma fille. I just got off a meeting." She massaged her forehead with her hand, "comment êtes-vous là? ” ((ma fille = my daughter ; comment êtes-vous là = how are you there ?))

" Je vais bien, mom. How about you?" ((Je vais bien = I’m fine))

She nodded, " Je vais bien, ma fille. Are your dorm mates good to you?"

I smiled then nodded, "They're really sweet, mom. Good job on picking the place this time." I winked at her then laughed.

She chuckled, "allez-vous être bien? This Christmas."  ((allez-vous être bien = will you be well?))

I nodded.

She seemed sad but she managed to smile. She was quiet for a moment. She sighed, " votre père? " ((votre père? = your father ?))

I got it why she sighed. Which made me sigh too, "pas un mot." ((pas un mot = not a word))

She laughed once, "tu me manques, chaerin." ((tu me manques = i miss you))

" tu me manques aussi, maman.” ((tu me manques aussi = i miss you too))

" Je suis désolé, we can't contact each other regularly, it's for your sa--" ((Je suis désolé = i’m sorry))

" je comprends.” I said before she finished her sentence. I managed to put a smile on my face. We bid our goodbyes before I shut down my laptop. I put it back in my drawer then lied back down on my bed. ((je comprends = I understand))

I sighed, "Nothing like celebrating Christmas alone."

"You're not gonna celebrate alone."

I almost jumped off of my bed when Jiyong spoke. I didn't know he was just by my door. I glared at him, "what are you doing there?"

"Dara noona and Taeyang are asking if you wanna come with them to eat breakfast somewhere?”

"Whe--"

"Don't come" he added.

"What?"

"Let them be alone for pete's sake." Jiyong chuckled, "Just shout that you're not gonna come with them, okay?"

I was confused but I nodded. 'Go on' he mouthed.

"Dara unnie!" I shouted, still lying on my bed. Me and Jiyong waited for a response. Finally, after a few seconds, Dara shouted back a 'yeah'. Jiyong nodded at me once.

I sighed, "I’ll just stay."

Dara shouted back again, this time with an 'okay'. We heard the front door close then a car engine start. Jiyong was still by my door, yawning, and I was staring at him.

"Well, you can leave now."

He grinned, "They’re gone now."

"So what?" I hissed.

He winked then made the most annoying but charming smile at me. I threw the pillow beside me at him but he managed to duck at that very moment. Knowing my first attempt failed, I threw another pillow at him, which was a success.

"You like it rough?" He laughed.

I was gonna throw another pillow at him but he raised both of his hands to surrender. "You hungry?" He asked. I heard my tummy grumble, but I shook my head. He jogged down the stairs then I heard some pans being moved. I stood up from my bed to pick up the pillows I threw at Jiyong. I threw them back on my bed before lying back down. With my tummy facing the bed, my cheek lied flat on my pillow. I closed my eyes and dozed off.

"Breakfast in bed!"

Jiyong's voice waked me up from my nap. I slowly opened my eyes and there he was with two plates of toast, eggs & bacon, one plate in each hand. He had a bottle of water in between his arm and rib side. He was smiling like a kid as I looked at him.

"Am I still sleeping?"

He shook his head as he approached my bed. I sat up from my position then leaned my back on my headboard. He sat in front of me then positioned a pillow in between us to serve as our table. I scratched my head as he put the plates on the pillow. He put the bottle of water on my bedside table then started eating. My eyes turned to the food then to him.

I raised one of my eyebrows, "Did you do something to my share?"

He shook his head then looked at me. "You still don’t trust me?"

"What if I say no?"

“Seriously? We’re friends!” he exclaimed.

I grumbled, “Whatever.” I started poking at the scrambled egg with my fork then started eating.

délicieux?

I nodded. I stopped chewing then looked at Jiyong. He looked at me with a grin. I managed to swallow whatever I was chewing before speaking. “You know French?”

He shook his head, “I know only one thing in French and if you want, I could show it to you.” He laughed as I glared at him. “I’m just kidding. Me and maknae used to watch some French news.”

“Why?”

He shrugged, “Maknae’s father watch them all the time, and maknae thinks that if we watch it together, it’s bonding.”

“You’ve known Seungri for so long already?”

“His father took me in when I was still young. He wanted me to take care of maknae, since he’s always busy.”

“But you were still a kid too, how can you take care of maknae?”

“He just wanted a brother of maknae.”

“So technically, he hired you?”

He nodded. “He didn’t pay with money though, he paid with education.”

I bobbed my head, amused with their story. “So does Seungri speak any french?” I asked after a few seconds of silence.

He shook his head. “Just really basic words, just like me.” He paused, “On the other hand, you’re very fluent in French.”

“No, I’m not.” I awkwardly chuckled as I put my emptied plate on the bedside table.

“I heard you awhile ago. I didn’t mean to listen to your conversation, okay? I was by your door already then I heard you speak, it sounded so y, so I just listened. You don’t even have to worry about anything, I didn’t understand a word.” He laughed.

“Don’t fall for me." I joked.

"I’ll try my best." He grinned at me then turned back to the food.

I got stunned. I could feel my cheeks getting redder by the second. I tried to remain relaxed even though I could feel my lips wanting to form a smile. Fortunately, he was busy eating so he didn't really get to see my red as tomato face. I was left speechless; I didn't know what to say after that. So I just bobbed my head as he continued eating. I noticed him looking around my room, bite after bite. There was nothing really special about my room. There were no picture frames on the walls. There were no posters or anything. There was just a closet, a bedside table and a bed. I heard the front door open and the noise that the couch makes when something heavy lands on it. Jiyong heard it too, making him face the door’s direction.

He looked back at me, “Must be maknae.”

“You’re not going to his father for the holidays?”

He laughed, “We haven’t seen his father since freshmen year. His father cut us off when we decided to leave his house and live in a dorm instead.”

“What do you mean cut off?” I tilted my head in confusion.

“Cut off. He doesn’t contact us anymore. No support of any kind.”

I gasped, “Then how do you pay for college? And rent? And I mean, basic needs?”

He handed me his plate to put on the bedside table. He pointed at the water bottle, so I handed it to him. After drinking water, he finally answered, “I have 100% scholarship. We earn a lot from the fights so it’s not that hard to pay for Seungri’s tuition and other things.”

My eyes widened and my jaws dropped, “100% scholar?”

He looked at me then nodded.

“Impressive. But why did you leave his house? I mean, can’t you go to college while you’re there?”

He exhaled then stretched his arms and legs. He put the water bottle on the floor then lied down, his legs dangling from the edge of the bed. “Nope, he wanted us homeschooled.”

“Why?”

The expression on his face changed. He looked at me then gestured for me to come closer. And I did. His lips were inches away from my right ear, I could feel his breath on the side of my face. He chuckled then I felt something warm on my ear, it was his lips. Without warning, I stood up then threw a pillow at Jiyong. I took the plates from the bedside table and stormed across the room towards the door. I didn’t look back so I don’t know what Jiyong did when I left him there. I jogged down the stairs, making my footsteps light when I saw Taeyang and Dara asleep on the couch. Taeyang’s arms were around her while her head rested on his chest. I walked towards the muted television then turned it off. I went to the kitchen then put the plates in the sink. I heard a door close then footsteps. As I turned around, Jiyong was by the door, looking at me, trying not to laugh. I glared at him then just walked past him, without a word. I ran up the stairs then went inside my room, locking the door behind me.

 

-----

Ola! Sorry for the late update. Please do comment about what you think!! :) thanks you so much for the new subs, i love you guys