027

Thoughtless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been two days since the hospital incident and Jiyong is damn tired as of the moment. Chaerin woke up a day after and she is not on her best state. He stayed for the night to look after Chaerin and at the same time, he is arranging the papers for the company as Youngbae talks to the police about the case. The only time he closed his eyes was when he’s on the way to the company.

 

 

The signs that he’s not receiving proper care are visible because of the bags under his eyes and the growing mustache and beard that were left unshaved. But his disheveled state made him more eye-catching for some. No doubt that he’s really one hell of a guy.

 

 

“About the missing budget, Mr. Choi found the fake accounts that Jiho used for transactions. It also showed that what Miss Kim said was true, she was a bastard child of Mr. Kwon.” Youngbae explained the whole situation to the other shareholders.

 

 

“The whole company was in chaos for a week. We cannot let that happen longer.” Jiyong pointed out, gaining confidence as time pass. “The protesters who wanted me to step down were all the ladies I slept with, it was a childish act and very unprofessional and I promise not to do that again.” He admitted.

 

 

“However, the protesters will receive disciplinary actions for doing such baseless things.” Youngbae pointed out.

 

 

“Are there further questions?” Jiyong asked and waited for someone to ask a question. “If there would be no further questions, we’ll just call you all for another meeting sometime next week. Have a nice day.” He said as he dismissed the others.

 

 

For the first time this week, Jiyong felt himself smile. A real smile. Not the forced smile he has to give everyone every time they look doubtingly at him. Jiho is now a detainee and is facing the case he filed against him and the other cases that others filed. Due to his dad’s request, Seolhyun was sent into an asylum and is under different medications.

 

 

As for Chaerin, she’ll be fine. Everything is slowly going back to their proper places, and it feels good. Facing Youngbae, he said the first thing that came to his mind.

 

 

“Time to get a proper sleep.”

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Two year later…

 

 

Chaerin is now standing in a public bus, an annoyed look visible on her pretty face. Jiyong told her that he won’t be able to pick her up because something came up on the last minute. Now, she has to deal with so many people because it’s rush hour.

 

 

She’s been feeling down the whole day but she doesn’t even know the reason, so she tried thinking of happy thoughts.

 

 

She remembered what happened months after the whole thing has loosened up and everyone seemed to recover, Jiyong pulled the most unromantic yet the most romantic proposal he has stored just for her.

 

 

Flashback…

 

Chaerin and Jiyong are cuddling because they just finished a hot making-love session. She’s feeling so hot that she’s the one who initiated the whole thing. Since Chaerin was hospitalized, nothing mind-blowing has happened between the lovers because he believes that she still needs to recover.

 

 

“Let’s watch a movie.” Jiyong suggested and  carried her body to his entertainment room, not even waiting for her answer. “What would you want to watch?” He asked her as he cuddled his equally body to hers.

 

 

“Anything.” She answered and he chose to play The Mockingjay Part Two.

 

 

The movie is halfway through and the both of them were too immersed. Jiyong suddenly played with her hands as he pulled her closer to his lap. He silently played with her hands and Chaerin just let him.

 

 

“Have you thought about ‘us’?” He asked her after minutes of silence.

 

 

“I always think of us.” She answered him.

 


“No, I meant, about what will happen to our future.” He told her.

 

 

“Oh…” She said. “Yup.”

 

 

“Do you think we’ll get married?” He asked again.

 

 

“Yeah.” Chaerin answered, a color of pink overtaking the normal color of her face.

 

 

“Yeah?”

 

 

“Yeah.”

 

 

“Okay.” Jiyong said.

 

 

“Okay.” Chaerin said back.

 

 

Minutes of silence passed again and the movie is about to end when Jiyong stopped the movie. “I’m sleepy now, let’s go.”

 

 

“Let me finish the movie first.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter