014

Thoughtless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're doing it wrong, all wrong." Chaerin said as she watched Jiyong sweep the floor. "There's still dirt there." She pointed at the direction and Jiyong groaned.

 

 

"Do you have an eye for dirt? I swear it wasn't there when I swept that part." He raised his right hand that shows his serious and crossed his heart.

 

 

"Just do it again." She commanded Jiyong. It was a fun Sunday for her, no a fun weekend. All she has to do is tell Jiyong directions and he will follow. Cooking is her only job because he cannot trust Jiyong in the kitchen and he might burn the whole house.

 

 

Jiyong did everything that Chaerin told her, maybe because he's happy she's letting him stay and it's the first time he saw her laugh with his stupidity. Although it's annoying to see someone laugh at his mistakes, he cannot bear to get mad because that someone is Lee Chaerin. He was shocked that he can do things, and in a matter of three days, he learned how to sweep, how to remove dusts in the furniture, he was taught on how to make his bed. It's the first time that he truly felt independent. But he's wholly not because he's relying on Chaerin.

 

 

After a few more attempts, Chaerin was finally satisfied with his work. He's about to run off to her couch and crash himself to the soft velvet but Chaerin stopped him.

 

 

"You're dirty. Go to shower first." She said and Jiyong couldn't do anything about it or else Chaerin will start about the whole 'My House My Rules' lecture again. He took forever to shower because he wanted the dirt to disappear and he already feels sticky. He takes a good look at Chaerin's bathroom and it was nice. Just enough for her, even two can fit in this bathroom. He hardened at the thought.

 

 

"No dirty thoughts. Chaerin will explode if he saw you gave a dirt on her tiles." He tried to calm himself. He tried controlling his breath and after a few attempts, he was successful in calming his friend. He looked at the mirror and said to himself. "If you want Lee Chaerin's forgiveness, you need to learn how to hold back your hormones. Okay?"

 

 

He came out feeling fresh and the food's already served. He saw two plates on the table and called Chaerin. "Chaerin-ah, I'm through taking a bath let's eat now." Chaerin came with a pot between her hands and Jiyong immediately stood up to help her. When the foods already there, Chaerin raised an eyebrow when Jiyong put one plate back to the rack. "I want to save water so I'll feed you again." He smiled at her.

 

 

"I have my arms." Chaerin showed Jiyong her hands and waved them in-front of Jiyong. But he has other plans so he pulled her hands so she'll be nearer and he made her sit on his lap.

 

 

"Stop resisting, we're saving space." Jiyong said and grinned at her.

 

 

"Are you sure we're being eco-friendly or you're just doing this so you can touch me?" She faced him and saw his mocking expression.

 

 

"So cocky Ms. Lee, I told you we'll save as much as possible." He grinned at her. "Now let's eat." He got a pair of chopsticks and gave another pair of chopsticks.

 

 

"I thought we're saving?" Chaerin raised an eyebrow at Jiyong.

 

 

"Yeah, but this," he pointed at the chopsticks she's holding. "Is for you to feed me."

 

 

"Why would I feed you?" Chaerin said. "Just eat," she said then stood up, leaving Jiyong and she grabbed a plate then sit in-front of him. "Now let's eat." She said as she started rummaging the food.

 

 

Jiyong was taken aback with her actions, he's trying to be nice as possible but it seems like it's not giving Chaerin an effect. It's his fault though. 'If you weren't a jerk, you won't be facing this situation.' He thought before he started eating. To be honest, Jiyong would like to face an angry Chaerin more than a casual Chaerin. It is because he doesn't know what she really feels. He cannot feel if she's angry that she wants him to die or she's slowly forgiving him. Swallowing what Chaerin cooked, he felt the taste disappeared and was replaced by pure bitterness. His neck is rigid that he felt like its contracting and it hurts when he chew.

 

 

 

And for the first time since his parents died, Kwon Jiyong felt like crying. Maybe because he's fed up with the world but he's sure of the other reason; it's because Lee Chaerin stopped all the skin ship between him and her and avoided any romantic moment with him. It's like she's treating him like how a friend should treat one. The thought that there will be no more Lee Chaerin and Kwon Jiyong dates in the future made it hard to breath for him.

 

 

"Jiyong! Jiyong! Are you okay?" Chaerin waved her hand at him, bringing him back to reality. He smiled slightly at her and nodded his head before he continued eating, complete. lt shrugging what's really running in his mind. Although he cannot stand eating anymore because he already lost his appetite, he still tried. Eating the last piece of pork, he made a silent gratitude to God for not letting him choke.

 

 

Jiyong stood up abruptly leaving Chaerin on the table. Chaerin looked at him with worry. Something's bothering him and it makes her bother too. Maybe he just wanted to spend time with her because tomorrow she'll have to work. 'But no, Lee Chaerin you should make him regret all the things he did. And don't stop unless he proved himself worthy of you.' She reminded herself.

 

 

"You're doing good Chaerin. Continue the good job." She said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter