024

Thoughtless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So… I was just saying that leaving your job will give you more opportunities to be independent. You know what I’m saying?” Jiho asked Chaerin as she tries to calm herself.

 

 

“Well first of all, I’m an independent woman and second, you. Your opinion is not needed.” She rolled her eyes and Jiho clicked his tongue in annoyance.

 

 

“You…” He pointed his fingers at her. “You got a nice but you are so y.”

 

 

“Thanks, I get that a lot.” Chaerin retorted back. “Do you need anything else? My boss is waiting for me.” She was about to leave when Jiho said another thing that made Chaerin’s blood boil even more.

 

 

“What’s so good about Jiyong anyway? My ual performance is incomparable, so what is it huh? Money? You like a man with an account larger than a company’s ten years sale?”  He quirked an eyebrow at her.

 

 

“You know what? You’re hopeless, why do you need to compete with Jiyong at the first place when you can have the same things Jiyong has?” She tried to be rational in answering.

 

 

“Wrong, Lee.” Jiho smirked at her, but this time, his smirk is different. Jiho’s infamous smirk was always full of proudness but this one, his smirk was icy. “You are very wrong.” He said and Chaerin hurriedly went out of his office.

 

 

‘Well, I want to know what happened to him. But still, he’s a bastard so I need to just mind my own business and get away from him as possible as I can.’ She thought to herself.

 

 

She was walking so fast that she bumped on someone.

 

 

“Awww…” They both winced and both stood up. “Sorry.” Chaerin bowed her head at the lady whom she just bumped into.

 

 

“No, it’s fine.” The lady smiled at her. “Can you please tell me where Mr. Woo’s office? I just got hired as his secretary today.”

 

 

“Oh, it’s the one at the left. Be careful okay?” She tried warning the lady but she doesn’t seem to get what she was trying to say.

 

 

“Of course I’ll be careful. My name is Seolhyun.” She bowed her head politely.

 

 

“My name is Chaerin.”

 

 

“I better get going, my boss might get angry.” Seolhyun smiled at her one more time before walking away. “See you again Chaerin-unnie.”

 

 

Chaerin hurriedly went her office because he might be fuming because first of all, he disliked the idea of her going to Jiho’s office and she had a little chit-chat that’s why she took more than thirty minutes.

 

 

“Expect the worst.” She said to herself before opening the door with a Jiyong who was leaning against his chair with his eyes closed but his hotness and coolness at the same time is obvious.

 

 

“Stop staring.” He said and Chaerin broke out of her daydream.

 

 

“You’re one fine specimen, how can I not adore?” She playfully said at him.

 

 

“You are so bad, you know that? I told you to take less than thirty minutes and I was watching the damn clock and it’s been forty-two minutes.” He pouted childishly at her.

 

 

“I had a little chat with a new employee. Jiho’s secretary to be exact, that’s why I was late.” She answered him.

 

 

“Is she pretty?” Jiyong asked and Chaerin looked at him intently.

 

 

“What did you just ask me?”  She raised her voice and Jiyong felt like he folded into halves.

 

 

“I… was just cur…ious.” He stammered.

 

 

“Well, to answer your question yes she is attractive and is very fit and slim.” She coldly answered.

 

 

“Hey, what’s with the tone?” Jiyong asked her.

 

 

“Hey, what’s with the tone?” Chaerin mimicked him.

 

 

“That was a wrong question. Come on babe, you know that you’ll always be the prettiest in my eyes.” He tried

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter