By My Side

Age Is But A Number...

I've liked him ever since the 7th grade. His personality just grabs me in the gut. His angelic musician voice. The way he smiles in some of his music videos ... it's just too adorable. When Oppa hurts .. I hurt too. When he's happy I spazz out like the fangirl I am. My friends say I obsess but I disagree. I really think I'm in love. Hmmph, but Onni and Oppa say I'm too young. *sighs.*

"Jiyon-ah?"

"Ne Onni?"

"Are you ready to go...to...the...ARE you watching Twi-Light's new MV again??" Syeohee Onni noticed that I was on the computer. She said it in a worried tone. I slammed my laptop shut quickly.

"A-anie ..." I smiled cheesily and scratched the back of my head. There's something that Onni doesn't want me to know about Minyoung Oppa ... or the Twi-Light Oppas ... "Onniya .. wae don't you like the fact that I'm obsessed with Twi-Light .. anie .. Minyoung Oppa...?"

"Bwoh?! What do you mean ...?! I-I don't mind that you like him .. or them .."

"Then how come you always get worried or upset when I bring up topics about him..? Or when I say that I want to marry him?" I looked at her. She twitched.

"K-koktchong maseyo...jebal...get dressed. We're leaving soon.."

"A-araseo." I said in defeat. She walked out with a disturbed look on her face. I felt really bad. I'm sure Onni has good intentions for worrying .. after all, I AM 13-going-on-14 ... and Minyoung Oppa is 24. But why does she act like she has such a big secret?!

(5 Minutes Later)

"Oppa...? Onni...?" I headed downstairs and saw Oppa and Onni sitting on the couch.

"Omo!! Jiyon-ah!! Neomu gwiyeoweo!" Onew Oppa walked up to me first and pinched my cheeks. Aish. What does he think I am? A baby..?

"Jiyon-ah yeppeudda!!" Syeohee Onni shined. Her eyes twinkled.

"Where's the other SHINee Oppas..?" I asked Onew Oppa. I noticed that the others weren't around.

"Molla..mian." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Their at the place already." Onni glanced down at her watch and her eyes went wide. "Omo! Kka!! Kkattja!! We're running late! Pali pali!!" She started heading for the car. Onew Oppa linked arms with me.

"Oppa..? Wae are you here and not with the other SHINee Oppas?"

"I wanted to my yeppeudda Jiyon-ah to her first gig!" He smiled.

"O-Oppa ... I wouldn't necessarily call it a gig .. I'm just going to sing at my aunt's wedding... in .. front .. of .. a r-really b-b-big audience ..." I swallowed hard then began to quiver in fear. He cupped his hands around my face. I slowly looked up at him.

"Koktchong maseyo. You'll do great. Just like you always do. My Jiyon-ah does her best .. ALWAYS. Haengbokessayo. Euseoba ... mmm?"

"A-araseo Onew Oppa. Hajiman .. wae are you always right?"

"Haha. Because I'm YOUR Oppa." He ruffled my hair then kissed my forehead. He took me in the car and we drove off to my aunt's wedding.

(The Wedding)

"You may now kiss the bride.." My aunt and my new uncle shared a passionate kiss. I imagined Minyoung Oppa of Twi-Light .. and I ... sharing a sweet, romantic kiss like that. I went into full dream mode. Then I snapped back to reality when Oppa shook me.

"Jiyon-ah...you're on!" Onew Oppa called. I started to tremble.

"O-Oppa...I-I can't...I'm afraid..." I was way too nervous. I cluched on to his arm and squeezed. A hot tear ran down my cheek.

"Jiyon-ah...look at me."

"Mmm..?" I looked up at him. He stood up with me and faced me squared with him. He placed his hands on my shoulders.

"Jiyon-ah...I KNOW you can do it. You know you can do it too. Listen to your heart. What is it saying?" He put his hand gently on my hand as my hand was on my heart. I blushed. My heart was beating really fast. I could do it. I knew I could. Onew Oppa can help me overcome anything. I just have to believe.."It's saying .. I CAN do it .. Hwaiting!" I made a fist in the air for good luck.

"Jiyon-ah Fighting! Saranghabnida!!" He put a fist in the air too then he put both of his hands above his head to make a heart. I giggled. Oh Onew Oppa ..

"Annyeonghaseyo.." I held the microphone firm in my hand. "Seol Jiyon imnida. First off I would like to say ... Chukkahaeyo to the newlyweds. I will be performing a famous love song called: Haengbok! Remade by Super Junior!" I started to sing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcsdA-oGrkQ&feature=relmfu

I finished the song and the crowd curtously clapped. I even got a standing ovation. Gamsahae Onew Oppa .. for believing in me .. when I didn't believe in myself ...

"Jiyon-ah! You were GREAT!" Onni praised.

"Gomapseumnida." She hugged me.

"I knew you could do it." Onew Oppa stood with open arms. I ran inside of them. I saw the rest of the SHINee Oppas and I rushed to them.

[Meanwhile]

Lee Jinki(Onew's) POV

She ran towards the rest of the members and hugged them. She looked back at me and smiled. She also gave me two thumbs up. I chuckled. When Jiyon-ah is happy .. I am too. When she is sad .. I am too. Whatever she feels I feel as well. I will do anything to protect her..she's had a hard time. Plus she's just like a little sister to me. Ajumma and Ajussi died when Jiyon was only 7 years old. It's a good thing we are childhood AND family friends. Without me, SHINee, and Syeohee ssi ... where would our little Jiyon be?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------End of POV---------------------------------------------------------------------