The Devil is Back

What Is Fate?

Hanbin sat there sitting across Jieun, watching her face contort as she told the two about her and HyeSung’s history, and all of the things that HyeSung has done to her. 

 

He couldn't help but feel his blood boil as he learned of all the things Jieun has had to go through because of his girlfriend. How could someone be so evil? He just couldn't wrap his mind around how HyeSung could find it in her to hurt someone as innocent, sweet, and pretty — wait, wait, wait, what was he saying? 

 

Hanbin shook the thoughts away and focused his attention back on Jieun when Bobby asked her a question.

 

“Why haven't you told someone about what the devil has been putting you through!?! You shouldn't just sit there and take it.” Bobby exclaimed.

 

“For the same exact reason why Hanbin is still in a relationship with her. I can’t afford to get kicked out of Kirin. This is my best chance to get into an entertainment company. It’s been my dream since i was younger, and I refuse to let go of the dream because of some bullying.” Jieun got quite as she neared the end of her statement, lowering her gaze to the cup in front of her, running her finger along the rim of the glass. 

 

Hanbin could see the desperateness in her, the same he could see in himself whenever he was near HyeSung. He wouldn't let her take his dream away from him, so if he needs to stay with her until he becomes a trainee, he will do it. 

 

“Well now you have us by your side, so you shouldn't have to deal with it alone.” Hanbin declared with a smile on his face. He wasn't going to let her deal with HyeSung on her own, and he knew that Bobby felt the same way. 

 

As Jieun heard Hanbin’s remark, he could see her face lighten up until a smile spread across her face. “Thank you.” She responded genuinely. 

 

************

 

Jieun couldn't ask for any better people to be friends with, first Minah and Mino, and now Hanbin and Bobby. They were all willing to stand by her side and support her, even when she felt that HyeSung’s torturing was becoming a lot to deal with. 

The group of five became extremely close, almost immediately. But Hanbin and Jieun got even closer. They exchanged numbers after that day in the cafe, and they've talked and texted every day since. They spend a lot of time together and they've noticed how many similarities they share. 

 

Hanbin couldn't deny the feelings he felt for Jieun anymore. He felt happy whenever he was around her or whenever he talked to her. She made him laugh and smile at the simplest of things. He just couldn't wait to see her everyday, and the wait through first period, before dance class, felt like an eternity everyday. He just couldn't find the right way to bring it up, and he was a scared that if she didn't feel the same way, it could ruin the friendship that they have.

Little did he know that Jieun felt the same way. She loved waking up to one of his texts, or to a silly face. And she loved that he was almost always the last person she talked to every night. It didn't matter that they talked everyday, because it seemed that they could talk for years and never get bored of each other. Jieun, however, was terrified by her feelings. How could she be falling for HyeSung’s boyfriend? She knew that he didn't feel that way about her, but that meant nothing about the way that HyeSung felt about Hanbin. She was horrified at the thought of what might happen to the two of them if she found out, especially Hanbin. She wouldn't be able to deal with herself. 

 

*************

 

“What the hell is this?” Her voice vibrated as her hands that were holding the phone shook with anger. She couldn't believe what she was looking at. That couldn't possibly be those two together, could it? Had she lost all of her power? What happened to pleasing her or cowering to make sure they're on her good side?

 

She could feel her anger boil up inside of her. 

 

“Go find her and bring her to me. Now.” She voiced sternly as she returned the phone back to its owner. 

 

“Okay, i’ll text you when i get her.” 

 

“Kim Hanbin and Kang Jieun, you guys are done.” HyeSung retorted as she slammed the locker infront of her.

 

***************

 

Jieun waved by to Minah and Minho and went on her way to the girls locker room to get ready for dance class. As soon as she took a few steps into the room, she heard the door lock behind her. She turns to find HyeSung at the door. She turned to face her, but as HyeSung began to close the space between them, Jieun stepped back until her back hit the wall behind her. She was stuck, there was no where to run, no where to hide. She was terrified. 

 

Its been a couple of weeks since she's had to deal with HyeSung because she had gone to Japan with her parents for a business trip. She had heard the HyeSung came back a couple of days ago, but she hadn’t seen her until this moment. 

 

“Sooo, i heard you were getting a little comfortable with my boyfriend while i was gone.” HyeSung said with a deeply evil voice. Jieun could feel the chills go up her back as the words flowed into her ears. Her heart beat sped up and her brain was spinning. Her worst nightmare was coming true, and she had no clue what the repercussions were going to be. 

 

“So you dont want to admit it? Well, i suggest that you stay away from Hanbin. It only takes me one call to get both of you kicked out of this school, or worse. If i find out that you two are still hanging out, be ready to pack your stuff. You wouldn't want that right? To be the reason why hanbin cant achieve his dream.” HyeSung gave a deep, evil laugh as she stared at Jieun’s terrified face. She lightly tapped Jieun’s head while Jieun flinched, and then walked out of the locker room. 

 

When she left, Jieun slid her self down the wall until she landed on the ground. She couldn't help the tears that began to fall down her cheeks. How could she have been so dumb? To think that HyeSung wouldn't find out about their friendship, or that she wouldn't care. Now she was stuck in this situation. She told herself that she can't be the reason why Hanbin looses the opportunity to accomplish his dream. 

 

Suddenly her phone vibrated. She picked it up to find a text from Hanbin asking where she was. Her heart squeezed as she turned off her phone. She got up, grabbed her stuff, and headed to her little cafe, which was the only place she could think of to go. Her head and heart was a mess and she didn't know what to do anymore.

******************

 

Omg its been so looong since i updated!! Im so sorry guys, but i have a week off of school, so hopefully ill be able to update a lot during this week. Im planning on wrapping this story up soon and starting my next story. :) 

 

 

Unitl next time guys :)