Advanced Dance Class

What Is Fate?

    Jieun skipped down the steps, kissed her parents who were sitting at the breakfast table, and headed out the door. She were greeted by two smiling faces. They belonged to her best friends, Mino and Minah. These three have been together ever since they met each other in elementary school. Since then, they have been inseparable. 

 

“Someone seems to be in a cheery mood this morning.” Retorted Mino, as he stared at the beaming figure who just popped up at the doorway. 

 

“Of course i am. This is going to be my first day in Advanced dance class. I’m so happy that Mrs. Kim finally noticed me and recognized my skills and decided to transfer me to Mr. Jang’s class.” She answered in a very bright and hopeful tone.

 

“Waah, you are really that glad to get away from me and Mino. Fine, i see how it is.” Minah countered, feigning to have been hurt by the comment. Jieun grabbed Minah’s arm and begged for forgiveness while showing off her perfected ‘puppy dog’ face that she knew was Minah’s kryptonite. The three burst into laughter at Jieun’s 5 year old tactics .

 

“Anyways, I’m not happy that i have to leave you guys. I’m happy for two other reasons: 1. I’ll finally be able to show off all of my dance skills and maybe get picked to present at the showcase. 2. I finally get to have one class where i won’t have to deal with the Devil and her two little minions.” 

 

Jieun couldn't wipe the smile off of her face the whole way to school. This will be one of the first days that she will finally get a tiny break from her three tormentors. It was as if she was cursed; every year since freshman year, Jieun has had to deal with HyeSung and her two groupies in Every. Single. Class. It was a gift to finally get away from them, even if it was only for an hour and a half every school day. 

 

******************

 

Hanbin and HyeSung finally reached school, after what Hanbin felt was an eternity. Hanbin jogged to the group standing at the front gates of Kirin. Ikon greeted him with man hugs and their special hand shake. The crowd grew quiet as a presence showed up beside the group.

 

“Hi guys!” HyeSung waved at the gang infant of her. They responded with quiet greetings and mumbles. HyeSung tried to suppress her anger as she pulled Hanbin away from the group. “Yah, Kim Hanbin, are you really going to ditch me for these people?” She asked in a snarky tone. “What the hell is that supposed to mean?” Hanbin replied, trying his hardest to hide his anger.

 

 “It means that i am your girlfriend, and i deserve more attention then your friends.” “I already told you that we need to practice for class and i already spent time with you during breakfast and the walk here. I’ll see you at lunch. Bye.” He kissed her forehead, something he didn't want to do but knew would make her happy, and then walked back to the group. HyeSung huffed and then walked into school to find her friends and complain to them.

 

“Dang bro, i respect you for being able to deal with that she devil. I would've given up after the first hour.” Joked Bobby while throwing his arm around Hanbin’s shoulders. They all knew why Hanbin had agreed to date HyeSung in the first place, and they all felt for him because they know how hard it is for him to keep it up.

 

These 7 boys, Jinhwan, Bobby, Yunhyeong, Junhoe, Donghyuk, little Chanwoo, and Hanbin have been together since they started at Kirin. They have spent the past three years hanging out, practicing and having fun together. They have become so close, and they all have the same dream: to become a trainee at YG Entertainment. That is why Hanbin has bee so focused on practicing their routines. They want to be able to perform as a group during the showcase in the spring time, so that they will be discovered as a group and not as individuals. 

 

The seven boys head inside to their practice room and spend the next hour before class starts, practicing their routines over and over again. 

 

****************

The three buddies walked into homeroom laughing at one of Mino’s ridiculous faces, just like always. The laughter was interrupted when Jieun fell to the ground with a loud *THUMP*. “Oh, Jieun-ah are you okay? That seemed like quite a hard fall that you just took.” Said HyeSung in the most sarcastic caring voice she could perceive before turning to her two friends behind her and laughing. 

 

“Waah, i really needed a pick-me-up, and that helped a lot. Thanks Jieun.” The devil retorted before walking to her desk in the back of the classroom. 

 

Minah and Mino helped jieun up and walked to their seats. This was just one of the many routines that Jieun was used to by now. The same stupid attempts to torture her and anger her. 

 

“God, i swear if she were a guy, i would've smashed her face in the second day of freshman year.” Mino reclaims, anger evident in his voice and facial expression. 

 

“I know Mino, thank you. I just have to get through this hour, and then i’ll finally get to experience heaven in school for the first time.” Nothing could bring down Jieun’s hope for next period, Advanced Dance Class.

 

Math class just seemed to drag on for Jieun. When the bell rings, Jieun practically jumps out from her seat. She waves goodbye to her friends, and then jogs to her locker to grab her dance clothes. After changing and trying to her best to hide her nervousness and excitement, Jieun walked over to Room 240, Mr. Jang’s Advanced dance class. She took a deep breath and then walked in…

 

*******************

Hanbin walked into dance class with Bobby, threw his bag in the corner and began his stretches. This was his favorite class and the only one that he actually managed to stay awake in, that and composition class (and of course lunch). 

 

“Woah, who’s that? I’ve never seen her before.” Hanbin looked up at the door, trying to see what Bobby was noticing. A girl that he’s seen around school walks into the class, and he is sure that she was new to the class. He tried to simply brush it off, but that didn't seem to happen as easily as he wanted it to. He got lucky when Mr. Jang walked into the class and distracted him from his thoughts. 

 

“Class, i want to introduce you to the newest member of this class. This is Jung Jieun, she just got transferred from Mrs. Yang’s intermediate dance class. I want you to help her get situated.” 

 

Hanbin noticed her nervousness, and he couldn't help it, but he thought it was kind of cute. Oh god, what was he thinking?? He already had a girlfriend. He shook his head in an attempt to shake off the thoughts. ‘It doesn't matter, its not like i’m going to have to be around her a whole bunch’ he thought to himself. Too early though. 

 

“Hanbin-ah, since you are the top student in this class, i want you to show our new student the routine that we have been working on. All we will do in today’s class is perfect the moves we learned in yesterday’s class, so you and Jieun can go to the room next door and practice.” Mr. Jang just had to choose him. Hanbin sighed and then walked to the front of the room to where Jieun was standing. 

 

She anxiously bowed and smiled at him, waiting for him to direct her. ‘Hmm, I wonder why she is still so nervous…’ Hanbin thought to himself, before leading her to the next room.

 

********************

The butterflies in her stomach would not stop flying around as she stepped into the room. Jieun was surrounded by the best dancers in the school. ‘Should i even be in this class right now? I should just go back to Mrs. Yang’s class and say i’m not ready to be in the advanced class yet.’ Her thoughts of returning to Mrs. Yang;s class only intensified when she noticed the boy stretching at tieback of the room.

 

‘Just great, i get away from the Queenka devil, just to have her replaced with the Kingka devil.’ Just at that moment, Hanbin looked up and almost caught her staring at, but she quickly turned her head to the side. ‘God, I hope i won’t have to deal with him too much.’ Just then Mr. Jang walked into the class.

 

Mr. Jang introduced her to the class. She couldn't help the nerves she felt when everyone’s eyes were focused on her. Especially that one pair of eyes she wished weren’t there. 

 

“Hanbin-ah, since you are the top student in this class, i want you to show our new student the routine that we have been working on. All we will do in today’s class is perfect the moves we learned in yesterday’s class, so you and Jieun can go to the room next door and practice.” Damn, Damn, Damn!!!! Why him?!?! Gosh, out of all the dancers, why does it have to be him that will teach me the routine. Especially alone in the other room? What if no one hears me screaming when he decides to torture me, just like his girlfriend?? Jieun just felt like dying in the inside.

 

Hanbin had gotten up from his seat and walked up to the front where she was standing. Jieun couldn't help but notice that he was actually really handsome…’WHAT THE HELL AM I THINKING?? This boy is dating the she devil…Oh god, i swear my nerves are making me irrational.’ Jieun bowed and smiled at the boy in front of her nervously. He gave her a weird look and then walked out of the room.

 

‘Well, i guess i was too happy to get away from one devil, that she had to be replaced by another devil to make my happiness dissipate.’ Jieun silently prayed to not be killed within the next hour as she trailed behind Hanbin. 

 

*********************

Hiii readers :) I tried to make it a little longer for you. I'm so suprised i already have 5 subscribers!! I hope you guys like this chapter. Please leave comments about what you're thinking, i really love seeing the comments that you guys leave :D. Hope you have a great day, and untill the next chapter. Bye  ^_^. 

 

Oh, and i cant leave you guys without giving you a little present, can i? :3

 

Aren't they just so adorably hot?? Omgosh, i swear im gonna die when they finally debut. X___X