The Plan

What Is Fate?

“Oh dont worry, i will find a way for those two to be together, and for you to be out of their lives once and for all.” Bobby whispered to himself, before heading to the field to find his best friend.

 

**********************************************

 

Bobby found Hanbin sprawled about the field, with his cap over his face, blocking the sun from his eyes. He sighed and made his way over to him, silently sitting besides him. The other noticed the movement beside him, and lifted his cap to see who it was. As he realized it was his best friend, he sat up quickly, eager to hear what he found out about Jieun. 

 

“Did you find her? What happened? Is she alright? Is she sick—”. Hanbin was cut off before he could continue his interrogation of Bobby. 

 

“Yeah, i found her bro. Its not good though.” He took a long breath, and pulled his hair back, feeling completely frustrated with the situation. “Wha-What is it Jiwon? Hanbin quietly asked back, afraid of what the answer might be.

 

“Its all HyeSung’s fault. She terrified Jieun. She warned her not to get near you and to cut off all contact with you. She said that if she found out that you two were still talking to each other, that she would make sure that both of you guys get kicked out of Kirin. You know Jieun, she could never take your dream away from you, so she agreed, but its not going easy for her…” Bobby looked up to see his friends face filled with a mix of confusion and anger. 

 

Hanbin abruptly stood up, but Bobby quickly followed, holding his arm before Hanbin could do anything stupid. “Bobby, let go. You know that i cant just leave it like this. HyeSung can’t do this, and i wont let Jieun suffer because of it.” 

 

“I know that Hanbin, thats why i have a plan. I don't want either of you two to get kicked out, and i also know that you two are going to go crazy if you cant talk to each other. So first, were going to my house, ill explain everything else on the way.”

 

Hanbin sighed in defeat and followed Bobby to his house.

 

************************************************

Hanbin listened to Bobby’s well thought out plan as they walked to his house. He was still so surprised whenever Bobby said or did something smart, even though he was the top in their class.

 

Bobby explained that first, Hanbin would use Bobby’s phone to talk to Jieun, so that is HyeSung ever looked at his or Jieun’s phone, she’d never be able to tell that they were talking to each other. He also brought up the point that the end of the year showcase was coming up in a month’s time. Bobby reminded him that this is the show where many of the students are recruited as trainees for different entertainment companies. Knowing that Hanbin, as well as Jieun are extremely talented, he knew that with some work, it shouldn't be hard for the two to be recruited, because they were already known as some of the best students that Kirin had. After they get recruited, there is no way that HyeSung can take that away from them. So if they can endure it for a month’s time, then they’ll be completely free to do as they please.

 

It made a lot of sense, and to be honest, Hanbin was willing to do anything to be with Jieun without any repercussions. 

 

Now it was time for him to call Jieun and tell her about Bobby’s plan. It had felt like forever since he had last spoken to her, and he didn't know why, but he felt nervous when he grabbed Bobby’s phone from him.

 

**************************************

Jieun entered the empty home, and went straight to her room and changed into something comfortable. She didn't feel sleepy, so she just grabbed some snacks and sat in the living room, surfing through the channels looking for something good to watch. She landed on some reruns of a drama and decided to leave it. 

 

As she reached for her snack, her phone began to dance on the table top, notifying that she was receiving a call. She sat up, and looked at the name of the caller on the screen. 

 

“Did something happen? We just spoke an hour ago…? Jieun questioned to her self, before answering the call. 

 

“Hey Bobby.” She replied before putting a handful of her snack into . 

 

“Jieun-ah…” The voice quietly called out. Jieun, in the moment of shock, chocked on her food, and ended up spitting it out onto the table in front of her. She went into  a chocking fit, and she could hear the person on the other line ask if she was okay in a worried voice. She drank some water and cleared before answering again.

 

“Hanbin, what are you doing on Bobby’s phone?” She quietly asked, not really mad that he was on the other line. She was actually a bit happy that she was speaking to him, even if she shouldn't be.

 

“I knew you wouldn't pick up if i called you from my phone.” 

 

“Hanbin—”She tried to answer, but was cut off. 

 

“Don’t worry Jieun, i know why. Bobby explained everything to me. I’m just sorry that you have to deal with that devil and that there is nothing i can do to help…”

“Its okay Hanbin, i know that you would if you could, but i dont want you to get into any trouble either.”

 

“I know, i dont want you to either. Thats why Bobby made a plan for us.” He happily repeated Bobby’s plan to her, and she quietly listened. 

 

A mix of emotions bubbled up into her mind as she listened to the plan. She felt a glimmer of hope, that maybe it would really work out, and that in a month’s time, her nightmare would be over. But then there was the doubt: What if she didn't get recruited? 

 

She knew for a fact that Hanbin would be getting in, he is extremely talented, and there was no way that any company would pass on an opportunity to take him. But her on the other hand, she wasn't so sure about. She didn't think her skills were that great, and she wasn't sure if in a month she could learn something so amazing that she could be recruited. 

 

As Hanbin waited for her reply in the silence, he began to worry. 

 

“Hanbin-ah, do you really think it’ll work? What if—What if I’m not good enough to get in?” Jieun quietly voiced her insecurities, which Hanbin was quick to diminish. “Jieun, you’re amazing, there is no way that you wouldn't be picked up as a trainee. I promise you that. Do you trust me Jieun?” “Of course I do.” 

 

“Then its done, that will be our plan.” They both smiled, and changed it to a different subject. They talked for hours, until Jieun accidentally fell asleep on the other line. 

 

“Good night Jieun-ah. Fighting!” Hanbin quietly answered, before hanging up the phone, with that silly wide smile he couldn't seem to wipe off.

 

*********************************************

Omg, this story is coming close to an end, are you guys ready :D??