A jumbled mess

What Is Fate?

Jieun sat staring blankly out the window by her booth. She couldn't seem to get the problems off her mid. Talking to ajumma helped, but she couldn't help the things she was feeling. Confusion and guilt engulfed her body. 

 

She was feeling strained, she wanted so much to pick up her phone and text or call hanbin. He had always been able to calm her down and make her feel better. But then she is hit with guilt; she couldn't be selfish and contact him, knowing that if HyeSung finds out, it could be the end of his dream. She couldn't do that to him, even if it meant that she had to live with this pain in her heart. 

 

Jieun had started to feel stuffy and really needed some fresh air. She grabbed her stuff, paid for her drink, said her goodbyes to ajumma, and left the little cafe. She was headed down to the park a couple of blocks away, when all of a sudden, she heard someone calling her name from afar. She knew who it was, and felt terrified, yet relieved at the same time. 

 

“Jieun, wh-what are you doing here? Wh-why aren't y-you picking up your ph-phone?” Bobby asked frantically, while trying to catch his breath. Beads of sweat rolled down his forehead, making it obvious to Jieun that he had been running for who knows how long. 

 

Jieun couldn't help but feel even worse, seeing how worried she had made Bobby—the almost never, not happy, playful bunny. 

 

Bobby straighten himself up and looked into Jieun’s bloodshot eyes, realizing that she had obviously been crying. Bobby didn't say a word and slowly hugged her. Jieun, honestly needed that hug so much. She leaned into Bobby and let her tears pour out of her eyes. The pain she was feeling was beginning to become unbearable.  

 

********************

 

They walked to a bench in a secluded part of the park, making sure that no one would interrupt this talk. 

 

“Jiji, whats going on? I’ve never seen you so distraught and broken down.” Bobby asked softly. Jieun twiddled with her fingers, thinking of the best way to explain herself to one of her best friends. 

 

“I—I cant help this feeling Bobby. It—its just not going away, no matter how much i try. I know that its not right, he has a girlfriend, even if he doesn't feel the same way about her, it doesn't matter, he is still with HyeSung. And—and now theres no way that i will be able to win him over. I can’t. I won’t. I cant do that to him. I just cant, he’s worked so hard to get where he is, and he is so close, i cant be the reason that his dream gets taken away from the palm of his hand.” Jieun breathed out, while tears unconsciously slipped down her cheeks. 

 

“Jieun, what is going to be taken away from him? I don't follow.” 

 

Jieun straightened herself and turned to look face to face at Bobby. “Its HyeSung. I guess she somehow found out that me and Hanbin have been hanging out and getting close, and she doesn't like it. She told me that if she catches me and Hanbin talking to each other or seeing each other again, that she will kick us both out of Kirin and make sure that Hanbin cant get a job in the industry with any company. I know that her father has that kind of power, and that he would most likely doing anything for his only daughter. I cant be the reason why Hanbin cant become a trainee like he's always wanted. Im fine with getting kicked out myself, but i can't do that to him.” 

 

“Jieun-ah…” Bobby couldn't even find the right words, and instead just pulled her into another hug. To be faced with that kind of ultimatum must be hurting her so much, and there is nothing that he can do about it. 

 

“What are you going to do now?” Bobby asked. 

 

“To be honest, i have no clue. If i go back to school, Hanbin will obviously find me and try to find out what’s wrong. But i cant just hide from him, and i really dont want to. But for now, i think im going to take a couple of days for myself to think things over…” Jieun sighed. 

 

Her mind was a jumbled mess. How could things go so wrong in the matter of a couple of hours? She honestly just wanted to talk to hanbin, but the risks that came along with that wish were to much for her to risk it. 

 

“Im going to tell him whats going on. I promise ill make sure he doesn't do anything stupid that will end up hurting the both of you. But i think that if we dont tell him, he is going to go insane and find somehow to get to you. You know how stubborn he is.” They both lightly chuckled at hanbin’s stubbornness. 

 

*************

 

The two separated ways, Jieun heading home to get some rest, exhausted from the past couple of hours, and Bobby was on his way back to school to talk to Hanbin. 

 

Bobby passed the gates and was met with crowds of people on their way home from a long day at school. He had asked hanbin to meet him in the back of the school, at the soccer feild. He had made his way through the halls and was only a two minute walk from the field, when all of a sudden someone stepped in his line of vision. 

 

He grimaced as he looked at the face staring back at him, with that famous lovely fake smile. 

 

“Omg, Bobby, i havent seen you all day!” HyeSung was ready to give him a hug when he took a quick step back. “Dont. Touch me.” He retorted in a rough, angry tone. 

 

“Whats wrong Bobby?” She replies, surprised by his reaction. She was so used to him feigning friendliness, that the abrupt anger had taken her by surprise. 

 

“Dont pretend to be nice. You're an evil one. I thought that there might have been a glimmer of hope for you but i was completely wrong.” 

 

“So i assume the little thief told you about our conversation—“ Who the hell are you calling a thief?!?” Bobby yelled, getting closer to HyeSungs face, as the anger poured out of him. “You know nothing about her, and if you were half the girl she is, maybe you wouldn't have to use threats to keep someone as your boyfriend.” Bobby was enraged, and he was scared that he wasn't going to be able to control himself. But what made him even more angry was that HyeSung had seemed completely unfazed by the yell. 

 

“Oh well, isn't that too bad. Well since i can effectively threaten people to do what i want, then i think ill just stick with that. And as for your friend, you heard what i told her. If i find her contacting Hanbin, they are both out of this school, and i will make it my personal goal that neither of them are allowed into the music industry. And you know i have that kind of power, so i suggest that you make sure that doesn't happen.” She scoffed, before walking away down the hall. 

 

“Oh dont worry, i will find a way for those two to be together, and for you to be out of their lives once and for all.” Bobby whispered to himself, before heading to the field to find his best friend.

 

****************

 

ugh i am such a terrible author. I didnt even think that it would take me this long to find free time to write an update. I am so sorry guys, i hope you forgive me. Ill try to update more often and hurry and finish this story.