Waiting for your return

I'm done, don't hold me back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There I stood frozen in front of his door. Should I go in and see for myself with my own eyes if what Sehun said was true? But, I'm hesitant, my feet are glued to the ground and refuse to move. I'm scared. I'm scared of seeing this side of him and finally facing reality that I've been turning a blind eye to. He had an illness. Much more worse then mine, it was inevitable.

Ah that's right, he's also stuck in this miserable pit. He too experienced the loneliness, isolation and pain from this world just because we're 'weak'. It makes me sick to my stomach. He always smiled like an idiot that I almost forgot he was also fragile and frail behind that mask. How could I be so blind? Depending on him as an escape from this brutal place....I'm the cruel one here, I'me the heartless one.  

My hand reaches out towards the door hesitantly but I finally muster up the courage to open it. And slowly, it slid open.

It's dark. The curtains completely covered the windows letting no possible sunlight peak inside. That's when I suddenly heard someone breathing heavily and I quickly embraced myself for the possibilities. I slowly turned a corner and their he layed. Silently, calmly, and still, resting on his bed. His chestnut brown hair still neatly swept on one side of his face, his long lashes cascading softly, and his pink, plump lips slightly parted.

But it didn't change the fact that he was wearing an oxygen mask. It didn't change the fact that his life was hanging onto this machine giving him oxygen. The abundant of wires and iv's attached to his body, and the heart rate monitor keeping track of his every heart beat. That's when the dreaded thought creepd in my mind that he might never wake up. How could have this happened? Why him?

"Kai..." I softly muttered.

Step by step I slowly appraoch him not being able to take my eyes away from him for a single moment. My mind wrapped up in so many different thoughts I can't keep up. I take a seat on a stool beside his bed and...and...I wish he would just wake up.

"Kai-yah" I paused. "Today was a weird day..." My voice trembling.

"I saw Sehun again today and despite his looks he really is a nice guy. We talked a lot and... I was hoping we could all be together like that someday. But...how can we now if you're like this?" I said trailing off.

I just sat there hoping he would meraciously wake up from his coma. Waiting. And waiting. But nothing. I looked at his face so calm and angelic asleep. And his wide and goofy smile suddenly flashed through my head again. No...please you have to wake up.I slowly reach out for his hand lying at the side if his motionless body. I grasp it softly feeling his dry and cold hands fitting just right with mine. I never noticed it before but he has really large hands...so gentle and soft. 

"Kai. I need you to wake up, okay? Please." I said softly. "What about your grandparents? What about Sehun?.....What about me?"

I tightened my grip on his hand. "You can't go now..not yet. So you better wake up."  I said trying to sound a tad bit brave.

"And when you do, I'll be right here waiting for you." Giving him a slight smile.

All of a sudden the door slid open and the nurse stood there not looking so happy.

'Ah ' I cursed under my breath.

"Suzy! You're not supposed to be here!" She scolded me.

I let go of Kai's hand and turned around to face her."Why didn't you tell me..." I said sternly looking at the floor, trying to contain my frustration .

"Suzy, no matter how close you two are he's still a patient. It was doctor's instructions to not let anyone inside until his condition is stable. And knowing you, you would have came in here on you're own either way even if I had told you." She said.

"No one told me anything even when I asked. Don't you think I have the right to know? And you of all people who even introduced us two didn't even speak a word of it. And what do you expect? Ofcourse I would be worried, ofcourse I would be scared. How do you have the right to tell me to stay away?" I said sharply.

"Listen Suzy. I'm glad you made friends with him but their are limits to what you can do. You presence here will only be a hindrance to his treatment. Now stop being stubborn and go back to your room." She fired back.

She walked over and lifted my arm trying to lift me up from my seat. I've had enough. This is too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter