Chapter 4 True colours ~.

When two worlds collide ~.

 

Key's point of view.

So there we were in the cold, just the two of us. Sunny shivered from the cold air that brushed her, and I automatically put my arm around her and pulled her closer to warm her. I expected her to push it away. But she didn't. Instead, I felt her shock lightly. “Noona, are you crying?” I asked. She shook her head. “No, no...” she said more to herself than to me. We walked for a little while, my arm still around her. We kept on walking in silence until we found a little wooden bridge. Sunny walked over and leaned over the rail. Only moments later she turned around and fell on the ground, her back against the bridge. Silently I sat next to her and watched her cry for like ten minutes, just her back. “I-I shouldn’t be crying..” she then said, “especially not in front of you.” I smiled lightly. “Don’t worry honey, I won’t tell anybody.” Suddenly she started laughing while she was sobbing and she almost choked on her tears. “Hey, what are you laughing at,” I said and hit her on her shoulder. “It’s not that the others can’t now,” all of a sudden she stops laughing and is all serious again, “it’s just that, well, I think of tears as a sign of weakness. And I can’t be weak.” “Sunny~ why can’t you be weak? And why is crying a sign of weakness anyway?” “I,” I saw her hesitate, “let’s not talk about it yet, okay?” “Sure thing,” I said while I gave her a tissue to dry away her tears. “Key?” “Yes?” “Pinky promise me not to tell the rest?” I started laughing when she held up her pink, but promised anyway. “My pinky promises.” She started smiling again. “Now, can you tell me why you hate on me this much?” I dared to ask. She started laughing again, throwing her head back. “Ow, Key, I don’t hate you,” she put an accent on hate. “Bwoah, then why do you do all these things?” That question made her go back to silence. So I left it silent for a little while, until she broke the silence. She told me a little part of her story, not all of it, as I can understand she is still uncomfortable around me. It was a story of a girl who at a very young age learned that love only causes disappointment, and therefore taught herself not to love anyone anymore. She closed her heart for love, building a giant wall around it. But lately that wall got weaker and weaker, and she was afraid someone might sneak in. That someone being me, she had to ignore me and try her hardest to make me walk away from her, but I didn’t. So she got meaner, and meaner. Till the point where we are now. I was pretty sure that wasn’t everything she had to tell when she finished, but I let it that way. I didn’t say anything. Nor did she. She just got up an leaned over the rail again. Five minutes later I got up too and hugged her from behind. “We’ll take things slow then. Just tell me whenever you’re ready for the next step, okay?” I whispered into her ear. She nodded and we just kept silent for a little while. But silence was okay. Silence was good.