False Alarm?

A Story To Tell

“Yongguk?” Sehun looked surprised when I told him. I nodded my head. I was not sure but he matched the descriptions.

 

“You looked surprised.” I said while my hands were busy making coffee.

 

“Yongguk… Impossible. Hannah-“ He didn’t finish his sentence. I stopped upon hearing that. What did he mean?

 

“What is impossible?” I crossed my arm. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

 

But Sehun seemed like he wasn’t planning to utter a word. His eyes were staring blankly and his face turned pale.

 

What did he know that I didn’t? How many secrets you had Hannah? My heart was broken into pieces once again. Sehun knew something about her that I didn’t once again. Who was Yongguk? My mind was filled with thousand questions with thousand possibilities of answers. Looking the way Sehun responded scared me a bit. Why did he seem to be so surprised?

 

“Sehun, what is impossible?” My tone was demanding for an answer but my voice was like I was almost broken down. Tears had started to form at the brim of my eyes. “Sehun…” I shook him a bit.

 

“You must be wrong. It couldn’t be Yongguk.” He shook his head signaling he was pretty sure. True that Yongguk seemed to be a nice guy, but a lot of bad guys looked like the nice ones. That gummy smile of him might be faked. I didn’t see why it must not be him. He matched all the descriptions that Sarah had given.

 

“Why couldn’t it be him? He matched the descriptions! He has a deep voice and that circular tattoo!” I started to sound desperate because I already was.

 

“Trust me! It is not him that we are looking for.” Sehun looked so confident.

 

“No, not until I talk to him and I prove it myself.” I said. I left him stunned and went to take a bath. I had Yongguk’s number from Jackson. All I need was to call him and arrange the meeting.

 

---

 

Coffee bean has always been crowded. Everyone looked busy chatting with their friends, couples, or some were busy with their laptops and headsets. But not me, I was waiting for someone. My eyes darted to a table next to mine. There sat a pregnant woman with her husband. The husband was rubbing her stomach and pretended talking to the baby.

“Hey, sorry I am late.” Yongguk suddenly had sat across me. He was wearing a T-shirt with jeans.

 

“It’s okay, what would you like to drink?” I flashed a smile.

 

“You sound like the waitress.” He chuckled and I couldn’t help but to chuckle a bit. He raised his right hand and a waiter came.

 

“What would you like to drink or eat?”

 

“Black forest would be nice, less sugar.” He said and the waiter left. His eyes were back to me, “So, what do you want to talk about?”

 

 

Looking at the way he responded made me doubt myself. But I still had to make sure.

 

“Hannah.” I said briefly.

 

“Hannah, your best friend?” He asked and I nodded a bit too quickly. He looked calm and cool as if he didn’t know anything about her. As if he was innocent.

 

 

The waiter came back with his black forest and Yongguk took a sip of it.

 

“Well, I was not so close with her but I once was partner with her when doing a winter project.” He said casually.

 

“Hmm.. Do you know anything about her that I don’t?” I asked him, probably a weird question.

 

His eyebrows furrowed a bit and he looked like he was thinking hard.

 

“Like what?”

 

“Drugs.” He seemed shocked when I said the word.

 

“Drugs? As long as I remember, I’ve never seen her using drugs if that’s your question.” He said after his shock was finally subsided.

 

I really didn’t know how to ask the question that had been bothering me. If he really wasn’t the guy meant I just opened a secret.

 

“I am not a drug dealer.” He suddenly spoke as if he could read my mind.

 

“And I know your question because it’s written too obvious at your face.” He said again. He was really smart or maybe, I was an idiot.

 

“I’m sorry but you matched the descriptions someone had given.” I blurted out.

 

“Sarah.” He mumbled and I was more than just shocked because I heard him clearly.

 

“Excuse me?” I asked.

 

“Sarah. She was that someone right?” He smirked.

 

Was I an open book? How did he guess it right?

 

“How could you guess it was her?”

 

“It must be her.” He said as if it was nothing.

 

“From thousands even millions people in this world, how could you guess it was Sarah?” I was really perplexed and curious.

 

“It doesn’t matter how I could know.” He had his mysterious smile plastered on his face and he emphasized the word ‘know’. He said ‘know’, not ‘guess’. He didn’t guess, he knew it was Sarah.

 

“Is there anything else you want to talk? If there is nothing else, then I have to go and meet a friend.” He said.

 

“I guess no. Thank you for coming.” I said eventually.

 

“You’re welcome.” He stood up, paid his drink, and walked away. He pulled out his phone and looked like he was texting someone. Not long after that, my phone’s beeped.

 

1 message received.

 

From: Bang Yongguk

 

There are things that you don’t know and you don’t need to know. And there are things that should remain secrets for forever.

 

 

I lifted up my head and saw Yongguk was nowhere of my sight. What did he mean?

Why did everyone become so strange? First, Sehun. He was so sure that it wasn’t Yongguk, yet he didn’t want to tell me the reason. Then, Yongguk. He knew it was Sarah. How could he know? Who was Yongguk? And what was his connection with Hannah?

 

 

written by janeloveexo   (07.01.2015)

Please feel free to leave a comment for the writers. They did their best.