The Side Story

A Story To Tell

Characters:

Lee Hongbin (Hongbin) – twin brother of Young Bin, photographer

Jung Taek Woon (Leo) – best friend of Hongbin, has traumatic amnesia, model

Lee Youngbin (OC) – Hanna’s original name but will never be declared in this story.

A/N: Two tone font color to determine different POVs.

The black one is Leo's and the grey one is Hongbin

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please… promise me to take care of Youngbin…

That name… I can’t exactly remember the first time I’ve heard that name. Since that accident happened when I was 10, the memories of my childhood became blurry. They said that traumatic-amnesia is curable by time. I wonder if it is true. Until now, this is the only fragment that keeps on appearing in my dreams, with an answer that I don’t know why I always declare…

…I promise…

I really hate it whenever I remembered those words that were never kept. I don’t know why I had believed to those lies. Oh, right. I tried my best to protect her that I even sold my own freedom for hers but in the end, she was still caught by the worst people I’ve ever known. Let me re-phrase that. CAUGHT is a harsh word, it is rather ADOPTED. You see, me and my twin sister were orphaned at the young age of six when our father died because of liver cancer and our mom left us in the orphanage. We – No, I mean, my sister never heard anything from her after that. I don’t want her innocent mind be ruined so I kept everything a secret. Still, we managed to become happy despite of the misfortunes we’ve got. Until a year after, my of a mom planned on making my sister a payment to her debts from her far-away relatives. And because of that, I’ve made the gravest mistake of my life.

…I’m sorry…

Mistakes… There are plenty of them in my life. Maybe even before the accident 15 years ago. I know, because these nightmares keep on haunting me in my sleep. I’ve tried to find this person by her name but no one ever knows her. She’s not even registered in Civil Registry, as if she’s nonexistent, a mere nobody. But why does someone keeps on mentioning her in my dreams? I’ve even questioned my parents about my forgotten childhood, but they just dismissed the subject so easily like it’s just nothing. 

“Why dig it up when it’s already buried?” Makes sense but… it only makes my curiosity heighten up. I know that they’re hiding something from me but what?

…I really need to know…  

Truth… It is more painful than lies. But it will set ones soul free. Free from the guilt that is building inside you and slowly consumes your sanity. If kept hidden, it will surely lock you in the world full of confusion and deception. I’ve been lied to and we’re abandoned at the dead end. I have no choice but to give her up to those monsters. I cannot do anything, even saving her. Jung Taekwoon… I thought we were best friends, but why did you do this to me, why did you lie to me?

Why…?

Excuses… used to refrain oneself from doing things or stuffs that you don’t want to do or get yourself into. It is a lie, right? But what if the excuse that you are using is truth, is that even considered as a lie? I’ve done so many excuses in my life. I’ve let myself be far away from others, built a strong wall that no one can enter, to protect myself from beings that could harm me and make me feel that pain that I’ve felt before. I don’t want anyone in my life. But why can’t I believe it now?

“Leo… this is Lee Hongbin, your new photographer. From now on, you two will be living in one roof. As 

his model, he will be in-charge of you…”

This man’s face, I do know that I’ve known him from somewhere. No, I’m not that certain… still, he’s so familiar that I’m already afraid of him… Is he a part from my past? His eyes… it’s not right… He’s smiling but his eyes… It is wrong, totally wrong…Who really are you… Lee Hongbin…?

 

Written by hwangminchan (25.03.2015)