(2) Her

A little break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"CUT!!" I shouted out loud and all the activities were stopped. "I think we should-" I rubbed my face with my both palms.

 

"I think we should take a break, Miss Ham." One of my crews resumed my statement.

 

"Yes." I nodded fast. "5 minutes."

 

"5 minutes break!"

 

I grabbed my Choco Peppermint and gulped it fast. ! I couldn't gather myself up! I glanced toward the door and found them standing there, watching me intently: Myungsoo and the new GM. Damn it!

 

I noticed that they had been standing there since the beginning. They were watching me. But why? No one. I meant.. No one watched me working before. And him.. The new GM. Somehow.. he looked familiar. I swore to God.

 

"Sooo~ noottt~ yooouuuu~ Junggie!"

 

I turned my face and found Myungsoo approached me.

 

"Something is wrong with your head." He knocked my forehead with his knuckle. "You seemed lost."

 

"Yah!" I shoved his hand in annoyance. "You shouldn't do that in front of my crews." I hissed.

 

"Ah, I forgot." He smirked widely. "But seriously.. What was wrong?"

 

I peeked over his shoulder just to find that new GM stared back at me. Shoot! I hid myself with Myungsoo's body. "That new GM-"

 

Myungsoo was about to turn his face but I held it with both hands. "Idiot! Stay still. Don't be too obvious."

 

"Wait, I don't get it."

 

"He is familiar. I met him before."

 

"Where?"

 

"I don't know."

 

"Hey, do you seriously have to grab my face like this?"

 

I released him in snap. "He shifted my focus."

 

"Well.. That's new." He rubbed his jaw softly. "No one shifted your focus before. Not when you were on action."

 

"His stare-"

 

"His stare?"

 

"Hmm.. So.. Maybe he is a serial killer."

 

Again, he knocked my forehead with his knuckle. "You should stop watching those silly movies. Serial killer- HAH!" Then he laughed. "Wait till I tell Jiyeonie about this."

 

I snorted. "You better hurry."

 

"Huh?"

 

"Your new boss left already."

 

He turned his face fast, seeing that the new GM already left the studio. "!" Myungsoo ran toward the exit door. "See you at lunch. My baby will come."

 

I scoffed. That was not something new. Jiyeonie always comes and visits us at lunch time. Her office is located next to our building anyway. Well.. I am not complaining. Besides, I peek her lunch boxes and she prepared her special Bento for today. Can't miss it.

 

"Miss Ham, shall we start?"

 

"Yes."

 

Ok. Compose yourself, Eunjung! Kick that man off your system.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Junggie, where are you?"

 

"Coming."

 

"You've been saying that since twenty minutes ago."

 

"Just let me have that special Bento of yours."

 

"My baby just ate the last piece."

 

"What?" I suddenly felt pissed off. That Myungsoo.. I'll kick him hard. How dare he?! He knew that Jiyeon's Bento was my favorite.

 

Then I heard Jiyeonie laughed on the other side. "Easy honey.. I packed one for you and it is still untouched."

 

Unconsciously, I let out heavy and long breath. "Good. Wait for me at the cafeteria." I turned off my laptop and stood up from my chair. Slowly, I shoved the chair to make a way.

 

"Don't tell me."

 

"What?" I took my jacket as I walked out from my office.

 

"You just walked out from your office, right?"

 

I grinned widely as I walked toward the elevator. "How could you tell? Did you put GPS on my shoe? Or-"

 

"Cut the talking! Get your asses here immediately! "

 

I pushed the elevator button. "Yes, Boss. I am waiting for the elevator here."

 

"Good. See ya." And just like that, my very best friend cut the line.

 

Yeah.. That's Park Jiyeon. My forever best friend. The one who kept on reminding me to eat. She is special.

 

 

DING.

 

 

The elevator doors are opened and I froze at my very spot.

 

Bae Suzy.

 

"Hi, Eunjung-ah!" She greeted me excitedly. Too excited for my taste.

 

"Suzy." I replied shortly and stepped into the elevator. When I was inside, I noticed that there was someone else inside the elevator: the new GM. Great! Just great!

 

He lifted his face from his IPad and locked his eyes with mine. For politeness,  I bowed to him and he replied me with short nod. Not wanting to engage myself into unnecessary conversation with him and Suzy, I turned my body and faced the doors.

 

"Foods at our Cafe are good." Suzy said sweetly. Here comes the perfect woman. "And, the prices.. not bad." She continued.

 

I automatically raised one of my eyebrows. Not bad? It should have been free f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter