Chapter 07.

Our Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 07

 

Today is a Saturday, I was cleaning my room when my mom called me. “Irene! Can you bring this to Mino’s house?”

“What’s this?” I looked at the plastic container in front of me.

“It’s porridge. I was talking to his Mom earlier and she said Mino is not feeling well.”

“He’s not well?”

“They already called a doctor and they said he’s fine. He’s feverish and needs some rest. I know you don’t particularly get along but just this time please. His mom needs to attend a charity event today. This was already set a long time ago and she promised the principal to make it a success. Just stay there for a few hours.” Mino’s mom is currently the president of the parent-teacher’s association in their school. Occasionally, they do charity events like this to help the image of the school.

“Wait, what do you want me to do?”

“Just stay there and take care of him for a few hours. His mom would like to stay but because of the charity event, she can’t. His dad is still out of town but I doubt he’ll be able to take care of him anyway. So, I volunteered you.”

“Great, mom. Thanks for asking my opinion.” I said.

“Please, do this for me.” She teased.

“Do I have a choice?” But, deep inside me I’m thankful she asked me to go. I was worried since last night because Mino wasn’t replying on my messages. I was deeply worried.

I packed the food and prepared my own things.  I went out of the house and in just a few minutes I arrived at Mino’s house.

 

 

I entered the house and placed the food by the kitchen counter. I walked upstairs to his room. I knocked and entered the room when no one answered. “Song Minho?”

His bed is empty too. I looked around and no one was there. “Mino?” I called again. Then, the bathroom door opened. “Irene? What are you doing here?”

I turned my head towards his direction and saw him half- with only a bath towel wrapped around his waist and drying his hair with another.

 

“Uh, uhm…I…I was asked by mom to bring you food. She said you were sick.”

“Ah, thanks. I’m feeling better now.” He said and started walking towards me.

“Well, I’ll…I’ll just wait for you downstairs.” I turned around and headed towards the door when I suddenly felt Mino’s presence at my back. He closed the door using his right hand and I found myself in between the door and his chest.

I turned around to face him and said, “What are you doing?!” And then I was face to face with him. My eyes fixed on his lips.

 

“What do you think I am doing?” He said in a low voice. His lips are coming closer to mine. My breathing started to became uneven as my heartbeat went faster. I didn’t know what to do so, I just closed my eyes tightly. I was waiting for a few seconds but nothing happened. I opened my eyes and saw him looking at me and trying not to laugh.

 

“I’m messing with you, dummy.” He said and went on to dry his hair.

“I hate you!” I said.

He laughed and said, “Why? Do you really want me to kiss you now?”

“No!” I picked up a nearby stuffed toy and threw it at him. I got out of his room went downstairs to the kitchen.  I opened the refrigerator and saw some food.

 

‘Aunt must have cooked early this morning. I can just heat it.’ I took out some of the packed food and heated it in the microwave. I took out some plates and utensils and prepared the table.  I also prepared the porridge my mom gave me earlier.

I saw Mino by the stairs. “Come on, let’s eat.” I said.

“Don’t you have anything to do today?” he asked and sat on the chair across me.

“Fortunately, I’m free. So, I can be your nanny for the day.”

“Really?” he said.

I nodded. “Wait, are you feeling okay now?”

“I feel better after I took a shower.”

 

We continued to eat. We have been silent for a while. Actually, it’s not just today. It’s been days and we have been distant. We do go home together and also talk with each other, but its much less the before in person and even on the phone. I thought it was just because school is hectic nowadays, but now I realized it’s because of the thing I have been keeping from him. Because I tried to tell him numerous times but ending up delaying, I guess he became angry and disappointed with me to the point that he doesn’t want to talk to me anymore.

 

“Mino, I’m sorry.” I said. I placed my utensils down and looked at him.

He looked at me. “What are you sorry for?”

“I think I’ve disappointed you for awhile now. I feel that there’s a distance between us these past few days and it’s because of me.” He stopped eating and looked at me.

 

I continued to talk. “Because I haven’t been clear on what I wanted to say to you, we’ve started to talk less and…”

“I’m sorry too. I figured you don’t really want to talk about it so, I didn’t try to ask you anymore. I didn’t think it will end up like this, us not talking to each other.”

 

I inhaled deeply and said,  “Mino, I’m going to study overseas.”

 

“What?” he said and looked at me intently.

“Actually, it was mom’s idea. She said studying at another country would be more beneficial to my future career. And since, we have the means to do so, it will be better to just do it.”

“How about you? How do you feel about it?”

“You know that I don’t really have a plan after graduation. I don’t know what I want to do. So, I figure

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter