Chapter 04.

Our Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 04

 

“I’m home.” I took off my shoes and saw my mom coming out from the kitchen.

“Oh, Irene, you’re back. Have you eaten dinner?”

“Yes, I ate with my friends.” Truthfully, I ate dinner with Mino earlier.

“I’m going upstairs.” I said.

“Wait, come here in the kitchen for a second.”

I went to the kitchen and saw my mom taking out a box.

“What’s that?”

“A friend of yours went here earlier and gave this to me. He said its for you.”

‘Friend?’ I thought and took the box from my mom.

“Did he say his name?”

“Yeah, Seungyoon?”

“Seungyoon? Kang Seungyoon?”  I asked.

“I don’t know. He just said his name. By the way, his name sounds really familiar. Now that I think about it, he looks somewhat familiar too.” My mom said.

“Really? Maybe I talked about him before? I don’t know if you have seen him before though.” Well, Mino and I were friends with him before but we never invited him to our homes or anything.

“Anyways, your Dad is gonna be late tonight. Just come down if you want to eat.”
“Okay, Mom.”

 

I went upstairs and into my room. I changed into my pajamas and sat by my study table. I opened what Seungyoon gave. “A four-leaf clover necklace?”

 

*phone rings*

 

“Hello?”

“Where are you?”

“I’m at home. Why?”

“Because I miss you.” I smiled.

“Mino, what are you up to now?”

“What? I’m just saying the truth.”

I laid down my bed. “Okay, I believe you.”

“Do you miss me?” He asked.

“We were together for hours earlier!”

“I’m asking you if you miss me.”

I do miss him.

“Yeah, I do.”

“Do you want me to go there?”

“What?” I laughed. “At this hour?”

“Yeah.”

“What are you going to say to my parents when they see you?”

“Who said anything about appearing in the front door?”

“Wait, what?”

 

*knock* *knock*

 

I got up and went by the balcony. I opened the curtains and saw him.

“What are you doing up here?” I opened the sliding door. “How did you even get up?”

“I climbed.”

“Using what?”

“Never mind how I got up. I’m here now, that’s more important, right?”

Mino suddenly hugged me tightly.

“Is there a problem?” I asked him.

“Nothing, I just suddenly want to see you.”

I rested my head in his chest and wrapped my hands around his waist.

“I’m glad you’re here.” I said.

 

 

“Have you heard?”

“Is this about the cheerleading team?”

I heard two boys and a girl talking in the hallway. I stopped for awhile and listened.

 

“Yeah, that was quite tragic, right? A fall like that was scary.”

“Poor girls.”

“I think there were no really great injuries. But, I saw one being carried to the infirmary.”

“That was Irene, I think.”

 

Once I heard her name, I immediately ran to the infirmary. “Irene!” I entered the room and saw her lying on the farthest bed.

“Hey.” I whispered. “Are you okay?” I brushed my hand on her hair.

She opened her eyes slowly. “Mino, you’re here.”       She tried to get up.

“No, don’t get up. Just lie down. I heard about what happened. Are you hurt somewhere?” I asked her. I surveyed her and there were no casts or bandages.

“I’m alright. I was about to stand above a pyramid and I failed to balance myself. I wasn’t injured but I think some of my teammates are because they caught me.” Irene looked very sad and weak.

“Did school doctor do a check up?”

“Yeah, she looked on me already. She just said I need a rest.”

I put my hands on her forehead. “You’re burning! You went to practice with a fever? Why did you even go to school anyway?” I felt my voice raising up.

“We have an exhibition coming up. I can’t miss this practice. If I’m gone, our formations will be ruined.” She said.

“But, if ever your fever escalates to something more, do you think you can participate in that exhibition?” I asked her.

She bit her lower lip. I tried to relax. “I’m sorry. I’m just really worried. I ran here thinking you broke a bone or something.”

I looked at her. “Rest here for now. I’m gonna be back.” She nodded.

 

I ran towards the room. I gathered my things and placed it inside my bag. Seunghoon saw me and stopped by my desk.

“Where are you going? Class is gonna start soon.”

“I’m cutting class.”
“What? But, Jaeho’s group is doing an important presentation later. It’s included in the exams, remember?”

I zipped my bag, looked at Seunghoon and placed my hands above his shoulders. “I’m asking for a favor. Please take notes for me. I’m counting on you.”

“Where are you going anyway?”

“I need to do something and it’s very important. So, please.”

I heard him sigh. “What can I do? Just go before the teacher catches you.” He said.

“Thanks. You’re the best.”

I got my bags and went down back to the infirmary. “Irene…” I tried to see if she was awake. She opened her eyes slowly.

“I’ll take you home. It’s too noisy in here. You won’t be able to rest well.”

“But, how about class?”

“I took care of it. Don’t worry. We need to go now before the gates close. I can’t get your back unfortunately, just message your friends later.”

“Okay.” I helped her get up and we went out of the school and called a cab.

 

When we arrived at her house, no one was answering. “Maybe your mom went out? Do you have keys?”

“We have a spare one under that pot.” I saw it and opened the gate, keyed in the passcode and entered the house.

“Is it okay for you to walk up to your room?”

“Yeah, I can manage.” Irene said. However, I saw her a bit swaying and unable to maintain her balance.

“This won’t do.” I stood beside her and carry her bridal style.

“Wait! I’m too heavy.”

“It’s ok. I can carry more than your weight. Let’s go to your room.”

“Be careful walking up the stairs.”

“Just wrap your arms around my neck. We will be fine don’t worry.” I said.

“Okay. But, why are you smiling!” She asked me.

 I can’t help it. “I felt like we’re newlyweds who just purchased a new house and is about to go to our own room. Except the fact that my wife has a fever.” I .

“Yah!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter