Chapter 05.

Our Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 05

 

“You have to do much better now that you’re in high school. Don’t associate with those kind of kids again. Spending time with them will do nothing good for you. You must use your time wisely. Study hard instead.”

The boy looked at her mother. “I know it isn’t easy but please bear with it. We must show your Dad we can do it. Do you understand me, son?”

“Yes, Mom.”

The woman walked to her son and hugged him. “You know I love you and this is all for your future, Seungyoon.”

 

--------------------------------------------------------

“Ball goes to Seungyoon’s team!” Teacher Gong shouted.

 

“Get back! Seunghoon go!” Mino motioned to tell his team.

“Roger!” said Seunghoon. Seungyoon held the ball and threw it to one of Mino’s teammates. Seunghoon came forward and the ball hit his partner.

 

“Yes!!!” Seungyoon’s teammates shouted. “Lee Seunghoon and partner, out!”

“Why did you do that, Seunghoon?!” asked Minki.

“Don’t worry.” said Jaeho.

 

Seunghoon positioned at the back of Seungyoon’s team.

“Let’s go win this!” he shouted.

 

The ball is with Mino’s team. Jaeho held the ball and saw Seunghoon on the other side holding up his arms. He nodded and threw the ball high enough for Seunghoon to receive. Seunghoon caught the ball and threw it fast to the other team and a pair was eliminated.

 

“One down!” He shouted. The ball rolled to one of Seungyoon’s teammates. He picked up the ball and threw it to the other team. It was dodged and picked up by Seungyoon’s eliminated teammate. He threw it at Mino. Mino was able to dodge it however, Seungyoon got to ball and threw it back again at him. Fortunately, he was fast enough to look at Seungyoon’s direction and catch the ball himself.

 

“That was close.” Yuri whispered. “Yeah.” Mino answered.

 

The game continued until it was 7 pairs to 2 in favor of Mino’s team.

 

“Wow, I can’t believe only 2 pairs are left in your team, Teacher Kang.”

“There are still 2 teams. Who knows?”

 

The ball is in Seungyoon’s hands. He threw it to his teammate on the other side. His teammate targeted one of Mino’s teammate and was able to dodge it.  Seungyoon picked up the ball.

 

“Catch!” He said. He raised the ball and looked like he was about to throw it to other side again so, Mino’s teammates turned around to the other side. However, Seungyoon lowered his hand and threw the ball directly.

 

Yuri was about to get hit when Mino saw it and quickly pulled her away and one of Mino’s teammates were eliminated instead.

 

“Sorry, I think I pulled too hard.” Mino said.

“No, I’m fine. Don’t worry.” Yuri answered.

 

“Mino! The ball!” shouted Seunghoon. Mino was about to block it but was too late. It already hit Yuri’s arm.

 

“Yes! He’s out!” shouted one of Seungyoon’s teammates.

 

Someone touched Mino’s arm. “Sorry. It’s my fault.” He looked at Yuri.

“It’s okay. It’s not your fault.” He smiled.

 

Mino walked towards his teammates. “Too bad, I thought you’ll be the last one out.” Said Seunghoon.

 

“I thought so too. Maybe, it’s because I couldn’t focus.” Mino said while looking at Irene’s direction.

 

Irene, while standing behind Seungyoon was holding Seungyoon’s shoulders. Meanwhile, Seungyoon was protecting Irene by extending his right arm while using his left arm to hold her close.

 

“I would give anything just to be Seungyoon right now.”

“What did you say?” Mino looked at Seungyoon.

“Relax, Mino. I was just reading your mind.”

“No, you’re not.”

“You sure about that?” Mino looked at Irene again.

 

“Mino, get the ball!” shouted Jaeho. The ball just rolled to his direction. He picked it up and threw it over to his teammates to the other side. The ball was thrown back to him again.

 

When he got the ball, he threw it directly to Seungyoon’s other teammate but was able to catch it. The teammate turned around immediately and threw it to Mino’s teammate but was able to block it. Instead of rolling away, the ball was caught by Mino’s other teammate and was thrown directly at Irene. Seungyoon pulled Irene back but he hit his other teammate’s partner who was going at the same direction. Seungyoon stepped wrongly and fell down.

 

A whistle was heard. “Time-out!” said Teacher Gong.

Teacher Kang went to him and asked, “Are you alright, Seungyoon?”

“I think he hurt his ankle.” Irene said.

The teachers inspect his ankle and Seungyoon winced.

“It’s more likely sprained. Two guys from the class, please assist him to the clinic.”

Two boys from the class helped Seungyoon and carried him out of the gym.

Irene stood up. “I’ll go with him.”

“Okay, Ms. Bae.” Teacher Gong said.

“No, Irene.” said Teacher Kang. “I’ll be the one to go. Stay here and continue the game. Teacher Gong, please look after my class until I get back.”

“Sure.”

 

“Okay.” said Teacher Gong. “Let’s continue the game shall we? But, Ms. Bae here has no partner. Is it okay if I get someone from my class? Well, he’ll play in as your teammate. I just thought it will even the game.” He asked the other class. “But, I won’t pressure you if you don’t want to.”

 

“No, it’s okay, Teacher.  I think our boys are too tired to play already and our best players went to the infirmary anyways.” A girl from the class said.

 

“That’s decided then. We have a few more minutes to finish this. Song Minho, come here and play.” The students looked at Mino.

“Me?” He said.

“You don’t want to? Okay, I’ll just…”

“No! No, I’ll play.”

 

He walked towards Irene and smiled. “Hi.”

“Hi.” She whispered.

 

“Okay, position!”

 

“Wait, can we do this?” Irene whispered to Mino.

“Just trust me.” Mino said.

 

“Let’s start the game. 5 versus 2! Ball on Teacher Kang’s class.”

The ball was held by Mino’s current teammate.

 

Irene placed her hands on Mino’s back. Mino spread his arms. Mino’s teammate threw the ball to the other side. It was caught by a teammate and was thrown directly at the other team. The player tried to catch it but wasn’t able to and was eliminated.

 

“Go Mino!” shouted Seunghoon. “Wait, I don’t know if I should cheer for Mino or not. He’s in the other team.”

“There’s no need for that. Look at him, all fired up.” Said Jaeho.

Seunghoon looked at Mino.

 

The ball is in Teacher Gong’s team. It was thrown back and forth many times. Mino and Irene had to also move back and forth.

 

“Are you alright?” asked Irene.

“Yeah, don’t worry about me. How about you?” said Mino.

“I’m…” The ball almost hit them. Fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter