Chapter 01.

Our Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 01

 

I am a high school senior. Most people say I’m a funny guy. They always like to hang around me and hear my jokes. They said I have a great smile with my nice set of perfect white teeth. I even heard others say I’m the nicest guy they know around campus. 

 

But, actually, I really think I am just “ordinary”.

 

I just like to hang around people. Telling jokes had been a habit. I didn’t even know it was that funny until people told me.  I just also smile like what others do. My teeth? Well, my mom had been strict about going to the dentist. I’m nice? Well, I don’t know. I don’t do charities or make others’ assignments. Though I smile and wave at the people I know… always.

 

Yes, I think I am ordinary because compared to “her” I’m just an average student at the local high school. On the other hand, she’s the school’s pride. She’s the princess.

 

Well, I’m talking about Irene. She’s another high school senior. But, unlike me, she’s different. Think about the characteristics on how to make a girl popular. Pretty? Check. Intelligent? Check. Athletic? Check. Nice? Check.  Funny? Check.

 

She’s the funny one. She has the greatest smile I ever saw in my entire existence. She’s the nicest person, well, according to her friends and her volunteer work. Teachers adore her. Students adore her more. Local town people do too.  If there is a perfect person, she will be the closest to it.

 

“Irene alert!” Someone shouted from beside the classroom door. Boys rushed out of the classroom and stopped by the school’s window. They all scrambled just to get a peek outside.

 

“It’s Irene!!!”

“Hi Irene!”

“Princess Irene!”

“Irene!!!”

 

I walked towards the window too and imitated the other boys. I tried hard to look past the others’ heads. ‘Wow, she’s really pretty.’

 

“Yah, Mino! I can’t believe you’re here sneaking a peek at Irene!”

I looked at my side and saw my classmate Seunghoon.

“Ah, I just thought, doing this is also interesting.”

“Really? Do you have a crush on Irene now too? Whenever she walks at the field before, you’re just at the room sitting. You said she’s pretty but you don’t like her. What made you change your mind, huh?” He asked. I don’t know if he’s teasing me or he’s being sincere.

I hit him in the head. “Just mind your own business okay? And look, Irene is about to enter the building so, look at her before she disappears.”

“Wait, what!” Seunghoon proceeded into looking outside the window and I just sighed.  What am I gonna do with them.  They go crazy just by looking at a girl.  I saw Irene looked at our direction and waved.

-----------------------------------------------------

 

After class, I asked my friends to hang out. “Hey, you guys want to go to our house? My parents are out so, we can hang out.” I said.

“Sorry, Mino.” Jaeho said. “We have something to do so, we cannot go today. Maybe tomorrow?”

“My parents are going to home tomorrow.  What are you guys gonna do anyway? Don’t tell me your gonna study because you guys aren’t studying at all.”

Seunghoon looked at me and said, “It’s cheerleading practice later!”

“Cheerleading?” I thought for awhile. “Oh, I forgot it’s a Wednesday today.”

“Yes! And we even prepared our cameras today!”

“We are hoping to take many good photos of Irene!”  Minki said.

Dongwon butted in.  “This is why I love Wednesdays.”

“Well, you love the cheerleading club. You love all girls!”

“Do you wanna come?” Jaeho asked me.

“I’m sure he’s not going to. I don’t know why but you seem to have no interests in these kind of things.” Dongwon said.

“But you know, I saw him peeking by the window to see Irene this morning.” Seunghoon said.

Minki stood up and playfully strangled him by the neck. “Really?! What have you eaten this morning? You should’ve eaten it in lunch so you’ll come with us!”

Everybody laughed.

“Hey! Hey stop it!” Minki let go of me while still laughing. I straightened out my uniform.

“I was just curious this morning that’s all! You know I’m awkward around girls, that’s why…”

“That’s why you still don’t have a girlfriend!” Seunghoon shouted. They all laughed again.

“Have you all got yourselves a girlfriend? Seunghoon haven’t had one yet too!” I argued.

Jaeho looked at me and said “Well, Seunghoon haven’t had a girlfriend yet because he’s always rejected. At least he tries. You on the other hand, never tries.”

“Yeah,  why don’t you ask someone out. Or better, accept the feelings of those girls who confessed to you. Someone did this month, right?” Dongwon said.

I looked a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter