Chapter 02.

Our Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 02

“Hey baldy!”

“Woot! What’s gotten into you!”

“Slick and shiny!”

 

Others students teased Seunghoon.

 

“What the? Are they blind? I’m not bald. Look I still have hair! I just shaved my head a little. I don’t get those kids.” Seunghoon frustatedly said while shaking his head.

 

“At least you’re popular. Might attract some girls.” Jaeho teased

 

Seunghoon looked at him. “Do you think it will?” Then, we all laughed.

 

We are walking down the halls and are headed to the canteen for lunch. Seunghoon got his head shaved yesterday because he found out that I had a girlfriend.

 

“I can’t believe it. I can’t really believe it.”  Dongwon said while looking at us like we’re aliens.  We are currently sitting at a nearby restaurant. It’s all of us plus my newly found out girlfriend. Irene and I are sitting across the boys.

 

“This setup feels like being questioned in a police station.” I said looking at them.

“And you’re all looking at me as if I’ve committed a heinous crime.”

 

“Well, you did.” Seunghoon said.

“Uh, huh.” Dongwon followed up nodding.

“Hey guys, chill. We got a pretty guest here. We don’t want to make her feel uncomfortable by questioning them like this.” Jaeho said while looking at Irene and then back to the boys.

 

“B..but…Mino didn’t tell us he had a girl! And Irene for that matter!” Seunghoon said while motioning like a frustrated kid.

“Now, now…don’t cry, I’ll buy you a candy later.” Minki teased.

Seunghoon looked at him, “Minki!!”

Minki put his hands up in the air as if to surrender.

 

“Really guys, I’m sorry.  I’m sorry I kept this to all of you. It’ s just that we wanted to keep this a secret for awhile. Please understand.” I said to them sincerely.

 

These guys are my best buddies and I don’t want them hating on me just because I hid the fact that I am dating someone.

 

There was a little bit of silence. Then, Irene spoke.

 

“I’m sorry. I was the one who asked Mino to keep this thing a secret. I’m sorry.” She said and bowed her head.

 

“Oh no!” Dongwon stood up. “We totally understand! Don’t worry about us! Right, Seunghoon?!” He said.

“Ah yeah!” Seunghoon stood up to and motioned to Irene, “You do not need to bow and apologize. We really understand!”

 

Irene looked up, “Really?”

 

“Yes!” Seunghoon and Dongwon said almost at the same time.

 

“That’s relieving. Thank you so much for understanding.” Irene smiled. And I swear I saw hearts in their eyes.

 

“Okay, that’s enough boys. Mino might be just that” motioning his hands at me as if framing me “but he’s the jealous type.” Jaeho smilingly said.

 

I laughed.  “I’ll let this pass because your understanding.”

 

“But, really, how did you two even know each other?” Minki asked curious.

“Yeah, I was wondering about that too. “ Jaeho said.

 

“Why? Does he not talk about me?” Irene asked.

 

‘Wait, he’s not gonna say something to get me in trouble right?’

 

“Well, he does but…” I tried to Seunghoon off but, “Mino always said that you are not his type.” Seunghoon said and started to eat his ice cream.

 

‘Shoot.’ I glared at Seunghoon who didn’t seem to see it. And then to Irene to see her expression.

 

Irene looked at me, “Not-your-type, huh”

“No! No! No! I didn’t say that….I”

 

“You said it, many times.” Seunghoon said without looking and while still eating.

 

I looked at him ‘This kid! He’s gonna get me in real trouble.’

 

Then, I looked at her, “Well, I did say that but I thought it’s a good plan to keep our secret safe.  Sorry.”  

 

She sighed. “Well, what’s done is done. And if you say so that it’s for our relationship, then I forgive you. I just don’t want to hear something like that again.”

 

I brushed the back of my hands to her cheeks lightly. “Of course, you’re definitely my type.” I smiled teasingly.  She smiled back.

 

“Does someone have a rope? I wanna hang myself right here and then before I puke.” Dongwon said. Eliciting laughter from all of us.

 

“So, what’s your plan?” Minki looked at me.

“Plan? What plan?” I asked.

“Your plan at school?”

 

--------------------------------------------------

 

We arrived at the canteen and it’s packed. Well, it is lunch time. 

“Hey, I found a table here!” Jaeho waved at us. We walked towards him.

“I’ll go buy something first.” Minki said.

“I’ll come with you.”  Said Dongwon.

 

There are so many kids around and almost all tables are occupied. ‘Wonder where she’ll eat.’

 

“Hey, Mino, you listening?” Seunghoon waved his hands in front of my face.

“Huh? Yes, what is it?”

“I’m asking if we’ll see Irene today.”

“They decided to keep it a secret for now, right? So, obviously, not.” Jaeho answered him.

“Or maybe, from somewhere far away.” He added.

 

“She’s usually at the canteen this hour so, I don’t know why I cant see her. “ I said.

“Well, lunch time is gonna end soon so, maybe she ate already?” Jaeho said.

Seunghoon put his face between his hands. “Damn it, if only we didn’t have an overtime at our previous subject! We could’ve seen Irene!”

 

I took at my phone and texted her. ‘I didn’t see you at lunch today. Where are you?’

“We’re just gonna order some food ok,  Mino?” Jaeho said.

“Yeah, sure.”

 

“They really looked g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter