#2 A Fresh Start

What Are Walls For?

09:00 AM

 

“ TAEEEEEE” a warm voice broke the silence in the cafe, it was the first customer of the year, Sunny.

 

Taeyeon knew the owner of the voice without even looking up, “ Yah, its just 9am and you're up already? It's New Year, don't you get a break?” she inquired to the shorter girl.

 

“ It's precisely cause it's new year day that I have to go in to the office! Uncle needs my help in organising the events for the year. That's why I need a refresher here before I head over.” Sunny pouted.

 

“ That's sad, it's a fine day to just sit down with a book. Sit tight, I'll get your coffee, would you like some donuts to go with it? Young Ji is done with the first batch.” Taeyeon got to work preparing the coffee, the way Sunny likes it, a dash of vanilla and cream together with 3 spoons of sugar.

 

“ Mmmm... That sounds tempting, don't mind if i do, Tae.” Sunny settled herself in a window seat.

 

Soon, Young Ji had placed 3 freshly made donuts on the table, together with the cup of coffee.

 

Taeyeon settled down opposite Sunny and continued with her book, Inheritance.

 

The two of them sat there in the silence, with only the background music of the cafe playing softly. It was just a comfortable silence, one that was shared between long time friends.



Author's Note: As predictable as it is, yes I'm an avid reader, soooo that is the fun fact that I have included in Taeyeon's character. And vanilla is my favourite flavour, it mixes well with hot chocolate too.