#7: No Distance?

What Are Walls For?

“Ahhh!!” Jessica shrieked, “ I’m sorry!” she blurted out again as she tried to push herself off Taeyeon but fell against him once again.

 

“Hahaha, it’s okay.” Taeyeon shyly said aloud, internally, he was screaming for her to just lie there with him. But he could not say it out, for fear that she would find him creepy and odd.

 

In a few more moments, they were off the floor and stood awkwardly at the balcony, a few feet apart. The silence from earlier hung heavy in the air.

 

Taeyeon was the first to break the silence, “hey! Its fine, you know, what happened earlier wasn’t your fault.” He tried to ease the tension, and it worked. Jessica awkwardly smiled back, encouraging him to continue the conversation.

 

“Don’t you like the skyline? It’s one of the reasons why I wanted this apartment. It helps me clear my mind. Does it clear yours?” Taeyeon suddenly started on another topic. Jessica took his words thoughtfully, and took a long look at the view before answering, “ usually, I don’t talk much, But you make me feel comfortable talking. Like nothing could go wrong. Like I own the world.”

 

A smile grew onto Taeyeon’s face, “Well, I guess we’re of the same type then. It’s normally challenging for me to open up, but with you, its like I knew you since forever. Maybe, that coffee spill was a blessing in disguise. Otherwise, I would never have meet you personally.” Taeyeon words grew deep, “ so I guess we’re friends?”

 

“Friends, yah. thats what we are now. Nice to meet you, I’m Jessica Jung, a business student from Seoul State University.” she said while offering her hand. Returning the handshake, Taeyeon introduce himself as well, “ Its good to meet you, I’m Kim Taeyeon, owner of this cafe.”

 

Unable to contain their laughter, they burst into giggles. “hahahaha! hahahaha!”


Could this friendship lead to more?


A/N: Happy Valentine's Day guys! Hope you enjoyed it with your loved ones, that includes your family and friends! Sidenote, my birthday is the day after Valentine's Day, so I'm a year older now :D
 
Its gonna be Chinese New Year soon. Enjoy the holidays and rest well! 
 
Do comment please! And upvote if you like the story :D