#1 The New Year

What Are Walls For?

“ Ahhhh... First day of the year and its snowing so beautifully!” Taeyeon said to himself as he started to open up the cafe, prepping for the first customers of the year.

 

His cafe was just a few streets down from Seoul State University, although not being on the university itself meant that he lost some business, he wanted to provide a quiet haven for people that wanted to sit down and have a drink, without the crowd of students. Occasionally, students would chance upon the cafe, but none would frequent it due to the inconvenient distance from the university. However, he did have loyal customers such as Sunny and Yuri from the university. Well, if Yuri could be counted a customer, she was co-owner of the cafe since she sponsored it.


the-kith-caf-in-singapore-by-hjgher-1.jp

This is the front of the cafe, I'll leave the rest to your imagination. It's three stories high, there is a book section on the second story and the third story is Taeyeon's living quarters (I'll provide a picture later on)

 

Taeyeon carried on to start up the coffee machines and wiped the tables while they are getting warmed up. The pastries were left to his helper that would be coming in soon.

 

“ Now, what is left? I'm done with the cleaning, the opening and the warming ups. Hmm... It's almost 8.30am, Young Ji should be reaching soon, she'll take care of the pastries.” Taeyeon absentmindedly talked to himself while pacing around the cafe.

 

'Ding! Ding'! the bell on the cafe rang clear, echoing throughout the empty area.

 

“ Ahh! Good Morning unnie! Happy New Year!” Ji Young greeted Taeyeon with a bright smile across her face.

 

“ Good morning Young Ji ! Happy New Year to you too.” Taeyeon returned the greeting of the younger girl.

 

“ If there's no additional instructions, i'll go prepare the pastries now, oppa.” Young Ji bowed and headed to the kitchen.

 

There were indeed nothing more, Taeyeon proceeded behind the counter and prepared some hot chocolate for himself and Young Ji.


Authors notes:

Just a fun fact, I don’t really like the taste and smell of coffee as it's kinda overwhelming to me, although Taeyeon is a cafe owner here, I wanted the characters to have a part of me. So this is it!

I'll include fun facts throughout the rest of the story as well.

Hope you like this chapter :) I added Young Ji from KARA since I found her pretty memorable from Roommate S2