Prologue

A Ghost's Whisper - Forgotten Secrets

It was rather dark for this time of year.

And cold.

The clouds were claiming the sky; one having a deeper shade of grey than the other.

There wasn't any sound to be heard except for the whining of the wind, which was blowing through the big, dark treetops of the forest, causing the leaves to silently rustle.

The night was already splaying across the sky, turning everything into black and grey shadows.

Kiron was traversing the forest; his facial expression just as unfriendly and cold as the weather itself.

He was alone.

All alone.

Nothing was bothering or disturbing him in his loneliness.

The small path in front of him was the shortest way to get back to his house.

Slowly, the rain started to fall, turning the surroundings into a nebular state.

Yes, that was exactly the weather Kiron had been expecting.

The cold side of nature; the cold side of the almighty Mother Earth.

He walked on but suddenly heard footsteps behind him, interrupting the silence.

That couldn't be true...

Kiron knew for sure he had been all alone when he had left and nobody had been following him around either.

Could it be?

No...

No way.

His parents already left the party long before him.

He turned around but as expected, Kiron couldn't see anybody.

Weird...

After heading forward, the footsteps were setting in again.

He tried to ignore them and just pass on, but...

Damn it! There wasn't anyone now, was there?!

He stopped walking again and just like that the footsteps fell silent too.

Impossible ...

Kiron was about to go on, when he heard a trembling voice right behind him.

Help me! Please help me!”

Panicking, he spun around and just like the first time, nobody was anywhere to be seen.

He kept yelling:”Who are you?” into the darkness, but he never got any kind of response.

Somebody was seriously joking around with him.

Kiron intended to walk on even faster than before to finally get back home but there they were again.

The footsteps were setting in again, following him, driving him crazy.

And then he heard the trembling voice, pleadingly calling out for him... again.

Please help me!”

It felt like the hundredth time, when Kiron stopped walking... again.

Even though cold sweat was starting to run down from his forehead, he was still waiting for the things to come.

He was also slightly annoyed.

Why won't you tell me who you are?! I've had enough, stop joking around with me!”

His anger was rising to no end.

Now the footsteps were coming closer and suddenly Kiron felt a cold and feeble hand lying on his right shoulder.

Dear Lord, this couldn't be true! This wasn't real! It was simply impossible! he thought; all the anger gone and replaced by shock.

With every passing second, Kiron felt more and more uneasy, until he finally took one deep breath, turned around and...

 

 

 


Welcome everyone ^^

So this it the beginning of a story I have been working on and currently rewriting and translating it again.

Please be patient with the updates, because school is unfortunately my top priority for the next 5 months... after that I will be hopefully able to update a whole lot more. Until then thank you for every support and have a good time.

Regards, Slade.