{❤}Emotion

❊↝❤↜{Otaku's Writing Tips}↝❤↜❊
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Emotion

Without emotions we would just be a living corpse letting time pass us right by. Emotion is what gives everything meaning from music, dramas, movies and even writing. 

 

Have you ever seen a singer that is about to cry and that performance even makes you cry?

Writing is no different. We must become one with our characters and convey their emotions through us since we are the writer. 

If it is strong, we must write strong.

If it is weak, we must write weak.

 

Sometimes, we may put our characters in a tragic or an even joyful situation and then think of how we would want this type of person to act. 

It shouldn't be done like that.

If it is, you might as well call it a marionette show then.

We must make it real. 

It should be how this type of person will act. Not how we want it to.

You have to be that character in your mind, so it's real. Then let your fingertips meet the keyboard as if it was the piano and type out what you feel.

If you don't have a firm understatement of the certain emotion, I suggest to seek out music, poetry and even stories so you can find that emotion. Take it, drink it in and then pour it out.

We must have empathy and not just sympathy. I have noticed this in ALOT of fanfics and even books. The writers tend to make a reader feel sympathy for a character, rather than empathy. If you need to know the difference of these words, here they are.

 

sympathy   [sim-puh-thee]  Spell Syllables Synonyms Examples Word Origin noun, plural sympathies. 1. harmony of or agreement in feeling, as between persons or on the partof one person with respect to another. 2. the harmony of feeling naturally existing between persons of like tastesor opinion or of congenial dispositions. 3. the fact or power of sharing the feelings of another, especially in sorrowor trouble; fellow feeling, compassion, or commiseration.   empathy   [em-puh-thee]  Spell Syllables Synonyms Examples Word Origin noun 1. the psychological identification with or vicarious experiencing of thefeelings, thoughts, or attitudes of another. 2. the imaginative ascribing to an object, as a natural object or work ofart, feelings or attitudes present in oneself: By means of empathy, a great painting becomes a mirror of the self.

So, I'm sure some of you are like: What's the difference?

EmEmpathy denotes the ability to understand and share the feelings of another (having shared the same, or a similar, experience).

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter