CHAPTER 9 (The Unexpected Meeting)

Dreams do come True
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cassie

“You’re here for the 10:30 interview, right?”

I nod. I’m standing in the reception area where I’m being eyed by the receptionist meticulously. Even the receptionist has a YG vibe, I thought only their artists have it, guess I’m wrong again.

“Cassie Auburn Williams, is that correct?”

I nod again. Why does she have to say my middle name? Yeah, she’s right. I have a two-word name. Auburn, my mom’s favorite color, the reason why I never dyed my hair with the shade of red since I’m sure I’ll end up people saying, “AH, so that’s why you’re Auburn”. I find it stupid and I don’t like stupid, so.

“Yes, that’s right. You need to see my I.D right?”

She said yes and I gave it to her. She started getting a VIP ID pass, maybe for me not to be mistaken as a hobo trying to ransack their company. When she started writing my name, I poke her and laughed a little. Just to kill the awkwardness…

“Is it okay to just write “Cassie Williams”? Instead of “Cassie Auburn Williams”… I mean it’s quite long and I usually don’t use my middle name.”

She looked at me and weighed the thought. And she said okay and I feel relieved.

“You’ll have to go the elevator. Just go straight and turn left, you’ll find it there. And just go to 7th floor. It’s YG’s sajangnim’s office.”

I nodded and tell her thank you.

As I walked towards the elevator, I started feeling really nervous and I started looking at my portfolio. It’s the pictures I’ve took for the past years since I invested myself in photography. Some shots were from models I’ve shot for some magazines and some from the concerts I’ve been to, and some other random pictures I’ve took that gained some appreciation from some people. When I saw the elevator opened, I just mindlessly went inside and just stood there without having to press 7th floor since it has been pressed already. I continue scanning my photos worried that it wouldn’t impress the boss and I don’t want that to happen, not for the selfish reason but I don’t want to let down all those people who believed in me all the way.

When I stopped scanning my portfolio, it’s still on the 3rd floor. Then I felt it… the sudden nervousness. I have felt it yesterday… when I heard his voice. I noticed the presence of the person I’m riding the elevator with. I’m scared to turn around because… I’m scared it will be him. And I cannot definitely meet him now. Not when I’m about to go in an interview where I have to have my 100% focus.

But I turned around anyway, myself is stubborn that way. And I have to tighten my grip in the sides of the elevator because my knees is about to fail me.

He’s here. With me, in an elevator which only has the two of us. Seriously, what’s with elevators?

Saying he’s gorgeous would be an understatement. He’s… I think the word is still not on the dictionary. All my life (more like since I started liking him) I already have daydream a million times on how we’re going to meet. Maybe in a random place, a convenience store, Han River, café outside YG… but never in an elevator, never. He’s only few feet away. Leaning his head in the elevator, crossed arms and closed eyes. He’s phenomenal even without make up, and his aura? God, I haven’t even known I’m holding my breath, not when the elevator made a ding sound, not when he opened his eyes and looked directly at me.

I can’t look away from him. I blinked. He blinked. And I saw boredom in his eyes and some shade of I don’t know a mixed of amusement and maybe annoyance.

“Aren’t you supposed to get out on this floor?”

He just spoke! Not just spoke but, to me. He spoke to me! I blinked.

“Are you like a deaf person?”

I blinked. He’s talking in English, in English. Wow, I just flew.

“You’re not Korean, are you?”

I nodded. I willed myself to speak and it ended up sounding like a whisper.

“Yes. I am not Korean.”

“Figures. Are you coming out?”

I nod, clearly embarrassed because my face just turned red.

“Well, you probably should. We’re on the 7th floor.”

And he went out, with his hand in his pocket, with swagger walk and here I am finally letting myself breathe.

“Well, just my luck.”

I get out the frigging elevator and went to the secretary near the door. She’s staring at me curiously and worriedly, I guess.

“Are you okay, Miss?”

I nodded. She told me to wait for like a minute because the Sajangnim was talking to someone. And I nodded and asked for water because I’m still so nervous and I don’t think I’ll be able to do this. Stupid elevators! Stupid feelings!

“Miss Williams? You can go inside now.”

I smiled nervously. As I was heading to the door the secretary called me.

“Ms. Williams? This might sound cliché but… Be yourself.” And she smiled and nodded for me to go inside.

When I opened the door, I literally gas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter