Chapter 7- First Kiss

Young Love

Before he could duck, Rei kissed him on the cheek. Jonghyun looked shocked. Even she was shocked at her bold actions. Rei didn't know what came over her. He just looked so fragile in that moment that she was tempted to comfort him one way or another. Her face now resembled a ripe  red tomato. Both parties were stunned speechless. The atmosphere in the car was extremely awkward and both Rei and Jonghyun didn't know which way to look.

Fortunately, Rei's cellphone started ringing shrilly in her purse. The opening of SHINee's 'Ring Ding Dong' reverberated throughout the car. She took the purse which was nestled in her lap and ped it to reveal a slim silver phone. Jonghyun looking relieved for the distraction, started the engine.

 

I pressed the answer button, then spoke into the phone.

"Ne? Rei imnida. Nuguseyo?".

"Ddal, this is omma. Your appa is very worried about you. Come back soon,'' she pleaded.

''Oh...geurae. Tell him I'll be there soon," I comforted her.

At that, I ended the call. Jonghyun looked at me as if to ask whether he should start driving. I grinned at him and nodded my head.

He slowly eased the car out of the driveway, pretty soon I could see bright shop windows that haven't closed shop for the night.

Even though we didn't make small talk, just his company was comforting.

The long drive back home seemed short to me.

When he stopped the car outside the gate to my house, we smiled shyly at each other. I decided that i had to make the first move. I cleared my throat to speak.

"Erm...Thank you for the ride.  See you soon," I gave him a warm smile.

I got out of the car and gently closed the car door. Before he could leave I swiftly blew him a kiss, then I quickly ran for the gates and ducked into the well-lit driveway.

 

I chuckled at her cute actions. Who knew a daring person like her could do aeygo. After she was out of my view, I slowly eased the car away from the curb and headed the opposite way to go back home. The whole way back I kept remembering her cute behaviour, I kept chuckling. What an interesting girl...

 

~Till the next chapter~