Chapter 2 : The great escape

Young Love

   The toilet had two exits. When Rei was out of her mother's line of sight, she ran for the other exit. Boy was she surprised when she bumped into somebody.

   A hand was out into her face.

   "Kenchana? Mianhe..." a guys voice apologized.

   Rei looked up into concerned dark brown eyes. A blush crawled up her neck. Taking his hand in hers, she stood up awkwardly.

   "I'm fine, ghamsahamnida," Rei checked him out discreetly.

   The guy was wearing pressed beige khaki shorts paired up with a white polo T-shirt that hugged his body.

   "Are you sure? Do you want to go to a nearby clinic?" he said hurriedly. He kept on checking behind him, looking back every few seconds.

   "Yeah, pretty sure," Rei stood up shakily, dusting off her clothes.

   When he glanced behind him, he panicked and grabbed her hand. Rei was startled when he started to tug on her hand, hard. He began running. She had no choice but to follow him. He only stopped when both of them passed by a McDonald's restaurant.

   He opened the door and led her to an enclosed booth. The air-conditioned air felt cool on her skin after all that running. Rei toppled onto the padded seat, gasping for air. He, too,  settled down on the seat opposite her.

   "Sorry about that. I wanted to run away from my mother," he admitted sheepishly.

   "She wanted to matchmake me. To some 'nice' girl that's bound to be a total snob," he sighed.

   Rei was shocked. He was majorly hot and could probably be a model. Girls, she thought drily, would be killing to date him. Literally , durh?

   He rummaged around in his pocket until he found what he was looking for.

   "Here's the picture," he handed her a photo. The girl looked....familiar...

   Hold the horses! Wait a minute! That girl was...her!

   "How'd you get this picture?" she asked, feeling perplexed.

   "The girl's parents sent it to me," he replied

   The picture was taken when her hair was still blonde , when she was younger. She was tall for her age. She always ended up standing in the last row for class photos.

   "That's me!" Rei exclaimed.

   He examined her, eyes scrunching up adorably.

   "But you're a brunette," he was genuinely confused now.

   "I dyed my hair," Rei replied.

   He seemed shocked by this new revelation. After a long moment of silence, he introduced himself.

   "I'm Jonghyung. Kim Jonghyun," he gave her aa adorable crooked grin.