Jongdae: Flirting

Chenshine and Daelight Scenario Request Shop

As Jongdae walks past the group of loud and intimidating looking guys, plus one girl, he couldn't help but walk faster. The group of six had been eyeing him like a hawk from the moment he entered the cafeteria earlier and he wonders if he had done a mistake to any of them by mistake. He just enrolled to this school a few days ago so as far as he remember, he hadn't had any unwanted scenarios happening. Or so he hopes.

When he was practically running across them they all were whopping and hollering ever so obnoxiously loud, obviously at Jongdae. He prays for whatever the reason they are doing so, they will stop soon because he is not uncomfortable with it. 

"Who are they?"

He asks his lab partner, Baekhyun, whom he had made friends with as soon as he step into the compound. "You mean those five dudes and one girl over there?" The smaller motions with his head carefully. "Yeah," 

"Don't mess with them. They don't have a name, but everyone fear them," Jongdae can see that, by the way Baekhyun is whispering too delicate, afraid that the said group could hear them. "That's Park Jimin," Baekhyun points discreetly with his thumb, pointing to a boy who seems shorter than the rest of them. "He may look short, but he's an MMA fighter. He's got the body, the looks, and the girls,"

Jongdae's mouth slightly forms an 'o' trying to peek at the said boy with his peripheral vision. "The one next to him, is Kai. It's not his real name, but nobody knows what his real name is. Not even the principal," Baekhyun whisphers, widening his eyes to add the effect. "He's a motorbike racer, and chicks dig him," somehow the boy sounded a little envious when he said the last part. Well, he should be. The tanned boy looks like he came straight from Vogue magazine or something.

"The one sitting on the table, that's Kim Taehyung," he motions with his head to a boy with purple hair who is wearing a leather jacket over his white shirt instead of the blazer. "He's a downright rebel. The teachers never even bother confiscate his jacket anymore. He'd snuck in the teacher's lounge and take it back, anyway," he looks pretty intimidating, even for someone with heavy eyeliner and a lollipop.

"Next to him, that's Bobby. He's the definition of a bad boy. He's the kind that sneaks in different girls' house every night and leave the morning after," Baekhyun spat with disgust as Jongdae eyes the boy. He really has the bad boy vibe around him. "His family is freaking rich, you could say that half of this school belongs to his family," Jongdae nods. Bobby is in his History class and he was obviously playing with his phone the whole period, with earplugs stuffed in his ear, and the teacher just acts as if he doesn't exist in that classroom.

"That blonde boy is Choi Junhong but people call him Zelo," 

Jongdae averts his attention to the said blonde. He has that cute baby face look, but his adorable features are marred with a smirk. "He's a rapper, and a dancer. Basically the cool guy in their group. With his cute looks and his skills, girls flock all over him but he never really cares about them. Never seen him with a girl before. It's either he has a girlfriend outside, or he swings that way," Baekhyun snickers, and when Jongdae flashes him a confused look with furrowed eyebrows he just shrugs it off. "Forget it,"

And then his attention is turned to the girl sitting next to him. "What about her?"

"Her?" Baekhyun turns his head slowly, as if looking for someone when he's actually looking at the said 'her'. "Oh, her. That's Zelo's sister. Her name is Yejin. Even though she's a girl, she's as rude as the boys are,"

"What do you mean?"

Baekhyun heaves a sigh. "Choi Yejin. The only girl in their bad boy group. Guys love her. Every guy in this school does. Even I do. But she can be too rude sometimes. There is this one time when the Algebra teacher, Mr. Kang, scolded her at the cafeteria because she failed Algebra, purposely," Jongdae frowns and furrows his eyebrows. 

"Purposely?"

"She's a genius, she basically aces all her exams. She was just upset that Mr. Kang was using her to get to her mother, and before you ask, yes, her parents are divorced, and she fails Algebra on purpose, thus putting Mr. Kang's career in jeopardy. When he confronted her, though a little too harsh I might add, she just rolls his eyes and throws her iced coffee all over the poor guy,"

"No way!"

"Yes way! And then she anounced to the whole school how he is pathetic for using a student to get through her mother, and he quickly resigns afterwards," Baekhyun finishes off and sips his caramel latte. Jongdae timidly looks at her, when she suddenly look up and meet his eye. Jongdae retreats his gaze quickly, running from her glare. 

When the bell rang Baekhyun and Jongdae quickly put their trays into the trash bin. Jongdae glances again at the table the group of six sat before. They were playing rock-paper-scissors to determine who's going to put away their trays and Taehyung lost. There weren't many students at the cafeteria anymore but the six of them doesn't care as they laughed merrily, filling the cafeteria with their hollers. 

Jongdae was taken aback when the purple haired boy stomps his feet, pouting in the process. The rest of them laughs at his childish act and that is the first time he sees Zelo smiles, as in, really smile. He no longer look like the cool guy, instead, he looks so cute and lovable. "Maybe Baekhyun should get his story straight,"


When school ended Jongdae tried finding Baekhyun, to no avail. When he went to his class, his classmate, Daehyun, said he went home with his girlfriend, Taeyeon. "Baekhyun didn't tell me he has a girlfriend," he mutters to nobody. 

The hallway is empty, and he's pretty sure he's the only person left in this school, when he heard the familiar sound of hollers behind him. "Hey, isn't that him?" 

"Yeah," Jongdae swears he heard snickers from the group behind him so he walks faster, praying to God they wouldn't catch up. Unfortunately they did. Taehyung and Jimin runs past him and blocks his path. "Excuse me, I have to-" he tries going past them, but the two of them are like brick walls. "I really have to go home, so can you please-" He tries to go past them again, only to be shoved harder. 

He sighs, defeated. Jongdae turns his heels so he can take a different path, only to be greeted with the intimidating looking girl. Choi Yejin. "Hey babe," she smirks, her left eyebrow raised. "B-babe?" Jongdae swears he's blushing like a schoolgirl- wait, he is a school boy, oh whatever, you know what I mean. "Are you a Sharpie?"

"What?"

"Cause babe, you're ultra fine," her words are greeted with laughters from her friends and somehow Jongdae felt embarassed. "You wanna know something? I Googled your name earlier, and I clicked on 'I'm Feeling Lucky'," 

Jongdae hears her friends snickers and felt his ears burning. Yejin took a step back from him and eyes him, smiling sneakily. "You know, Halloween is around the corner... You know what you should be? Mine," what Jongdae is feeling is way past embarassment right now. He felt like he's being played, big time. He didn't know what made him so courageous when he turn his heels and shove past Taehyung and Jimin, walking away in embarassment. The boys' cackle resounds through the empty hallway of the school.

When Jongdae is out of sight Yejin stomps to her brother. "Junhong-ah, you said it would work!" She folds her arms across her chest, frowning at the laughing blonde. "I know it! I shouldn't have trusted you!" She turns to walk away, and he grabs her wrist, yanking her towards him. "Mian, but I have one more trick,"

"No, I wouldn't listen to you!"

"Please, just one, I swear this will work!"

Yejin huffs in annoyance as she throw a menacing glare at her brother. "Okay," she sighs, before joining her best friends, Taehyung and Jimin. "I don't think this is going to work," her shoulder droops in defeat. Taehyung grins lazily at her while Jimin is still laughing his off. "I can't believe I asked you guys for help. I know I should have find some female friends,"

Bobby tugs her ponytail from behind and she turns her heels, frowning at his boyish grin. When he sees the mischievous glint in her eyes she sighs, for who knows how many times that day. "Come here," he grabs her forearm, tugging her to the other way the rest of the guys are going. Yejin looks over her shoulder at Taehyung and Jimin "You guys go first," they both nod and jogs to catch up with Zelo. Bobby still didn't release his grip and Yejin just trails after him, her curiosity multiplying when he sees Kai is leaning against the tree, waiting for them.

"What?"

"Just come,"


The week passes by awkwardly, for both Jongdae and Yejin. 

Jongdae did felt attraction to Yejin. She is oddly intriguing, and Jongdae didn't say this because she's pretty. It's also the way she closes up from everyone and only shows her friendly and funny side to her friends only makes her somehow attractive. But Jongdae is still upset when Yejin used those lame pickup lines guys usually shoots at girls to him. Seriously? Jongdae doesn't know why but he's seriously convinced that it's actually her friends' idea. 

Saturday came for all of them and that's when Zelo's plan is going to take action. 

Zelo had done some snooping for his sister, and found out that Jongdae lives with his aunt. He also helps her on weekends at her grocery shop. Surely, Jongdae is at the grocery, and Yejin is mustering courage to go near the boy. Thankfully he's outside, his nose buried in a book. Yejin loves the sight, Jongdae wearing spectacles, reading diligently. Zelo gave her a light push, and an encouraging smile. Bobby  is fist bumping the air, mouthing 'fighting' to her. Kai, is smirking, amused at the situation while Taehyung and Jimin is laughing as silently as possible. 

Jongdae didn't notice her when she was walking to the store, until she start picking up limes after limes from the basket. Yejin saw Jongdae's aunt is in the store and is quite doubtful about the plan. She was about to back out and run away when Jongdae saw her with a dozen limes cradled in her arms. She starts clumsily dropping them on the ground and Jongdae quickly help her picking up the limes before putting them back on the red basket.

Jongdae flashes her a grin, wondering why Yejin is here. "Sorry," she bashfully starts, mustering the courage to say the lines. "It's just that, I'm not good with pickup limes," 

His smile fade. "Seriously? You've gotta be kidding me," Yejin froze, didn't know what to do. Plan A fails, it's time to work on Plan B. Yejin chases after Jongdae who is walking away from the store after getting permission from his aunt. "Kim Jongdae, wait!" 

Jongdae stops abruptly, causing her to bump into his back. He turns to face her, with an unamused look. 

"Look, I'm sorry. It's just, this is the first time I like someone, and my brother said those pickup lines works well with him, and... sorry?" Jongdae emits a light chuckle, finally understand why she used such absurd and cheesy pickup lines. "Are you saying, you like me?" He teases.

"Oh shut up. I'll walk away now to spare the heartbreak,"

She turns her heels to walk away when she felt a strong, yet delicate grip on her wrist. "I like you too," Yejin broke into a grin, feeling excited. Does this means they're dating or something? "Do you have anything to do tonight?"

"Actually, Kai is racing tonight. Do you wanna come and see it?"

"Racing?" Jongdae had doubts about the idea. Baekhyun said Kai is an underground racer so he don't know whether he should accept the offer or not. He must have looked a bit scared because Yejin said "It's not illegal. Sponsored race, with a legal track,"

"Oh," he heaves a sigh of relief. "Sure. I would love to join you guys," Jongdae smiles. Then he heard the familiar sound of whopping laughters heading to their way. Jongdae is sure he's the one that should feel nervous but Yejin is the one who hides behind him. "Hide me," 

The guys were roaring with laughter, patting Jongdae's shoulder, ruffling his hair, shaking his hand and saying 'congratulations'. To be honest, it amuses Jongdae being surrounded by the group that had been intimidating in his eyes a few days ago.

"Welcome to our family,"