(Author's Choice) When Hyejin went to A Date With BTS without her will

Chenshine and Daelight Scenario Request Shop

 

Written for: my best chingu who stans jimin but don't have an account on her own
Partner: BTS' Jimin

Hyejin didn't even want to come that day. It's not like she even likes BTS. Sure, their music is catchy and some of them are pretty cute but they're not her type. If her best friend Gyuri were to tell she won a date with Exo or Got7 she would be flipping with joy. There's nothing wrong with BTS, though. Just, maybe her brain isn't functioning well. I mean, who does not like BTS? They're Bangtan for God's sake!

But what made Park Hyejin furious is they had to do the stupid Date With BTS thingy, the same day on Exo's comeback showcase. She was supposed to come to their comeback that day. She had been planning for it ever since their last comeback. She even bought light sticks and made ChenBaek banners, for crying out loud. 

Gyuri won two passes to a whole day with Bangtan through a radio program. It wasn't supposed to be on their comeback stage, at first. But then they just had to reschedule and make her lose the opportunity and watch her precious boys singing in their comeback stage. 

"I swear, Gyuri, if you weren't my best friend..."

"Unfortunately, I am. Cheer up, Hyejin, you can watch their comeback in Inkigayo later. A chance to actually go out on a date with an idol doesn't come often, you know," the shorter of the two states, making faces as if to prove her point. "I would be content, but I don't even like BTS,"

"How can you not like them?"

"I just don't. Plus, this comeback is a bit special, you know? Their first comeback as OT10..."

Hyejin starts to falter. Gyuri panicks, afraid that her best friend would cry on the spot. "Oh my god, don't cry, Hyejin-ah. I'm sorry. I know this is quite important for you-"

"Nah, I'm just being selfish. I know this date thing is important for you, so let's just get this day over and done with," Hyejin offers her best friend a smile, and they both sit in silence for the rest of their drive to Big Hit company. 

When they step in the building they were greeted with Bang Si Hyuk PD-nim, and bowed respectfully. The other five girls were already there, excited and donned with too much makeup for Hyejin's liking. They were taken upstairs, where the boys are waiting. Hyejin's face was sullen when she checks her Twitter and sees a selca from her cousin, Nayoung.

'Already waiting for their comeback stage, wish you're here to fangirl with me @real_parkhyejin'

She also got the pass for their comeback stage but since Hyejin already promised Gyuri she'd come with her today, her cousin had to bring someone else to their comeback. Gyuri nudges her when she saw Hyejin pouting, looking over her shoulder and saw Nayoung's selca. 

"Is that Nayoung? She's already there?"

Hyejin nods sullenly. "Hey, don't be so gloomy. It's okay. I know a ball of sunshine who can cheer you up is waiting for us," Hyejin rolls her eyes, unamused. "Whatever," Gyuri doesn't seem to notice the bitterness in her voice, since she herself was all too excited meeting her ultimate bias. They're finally upstairs, on the top level of the building, and even though Hyejin is still sulking, the interior design is to die for. When she sets her eyes in the room the boys are in she fell in love. Not with the dashing seven young men sitting on the couch, but with the room.

The oak wooden floor, the cedar smell of the walls, the creative arrangements of the furnitures. While the other girls' gazes are fixed upon the boys, her eyes are traveling around the room. "Hello, Bangtan Sonyeondan-imnida," the white haired man, which Hyejin assumes is Rap Monster alias their leader, politely greets them and the seven boys bow to the girls. "Now, why don't you girls introduce yourself and who you came for,"

The first girl was the one Hyejin dislikes the most, because of her obviously dyed blonde hair, her squeaky voice she's not sure whether it's made up or not and the amount of mascara she applies that seems to be enough for her charcoal art project. "My name is Jung Nara, and I'm here to meet V oppa," she bats her lashes a few times, and even though the said boy tries his best to hide it, Hyejin caught a bit of disgust shown on his face, and smirks.

The next girl looks cute, and has cute voice too. She reminds Hyejin of IU, when she was in Dream High. "My name is Yoon Jieun and uh, I'm here for..." She must be too shy to say it out loud because it came out as a whisper, and no one can hear her "Come again?"

"Jungkook-ssi. I would like to meet Jungkook-ssi," 

Hyejin looks from Jungkook to Jieun. They're both cute. The third, fourth, and fifth girl states they want to date J-Hope, Jin and Suga respectively and when it was Gyuri's turn she picked the leader, Namjoon. Hyejin sighs when she realizes she's going to be stuck with a boy that she didn't even know his name and has to introduce herself. She hates doing that.

"I'm Park Hyejin, and I'm here because my best friend drags me into this,"

Gyuri nudges her, hard. "What?" She whispers, though it didn't came out as a whisper. "Be nice, please, just this once,"

"Fine. Okay, I guess I'm here for you, then. It's not like a have a choice anyway," she shrugs in Jimin's direction. "Hyejin! Be nice," Gyuri nudges her again, a little bit lightly this time. "I am being nice. Am I not, Jimin-ssi?" The boy nods, with a forced smile on his lips. The other boys were a bit at shock, at Hyejin's behaviour. The girls were to dazed by the presence of Bangtan to notice things other than them. 

"In five, we're going to split up, each girls following their date today. Boys, take them anywhere you want, but make sure not to leave your VJ behind, okay?" 

Hyejin panicks. ", you didn't tell me we're on separate dates,"

"I don't even know, what should we do?"

"What should we do? You mean, what should I do? It's okay, you go have fun with that Rap Mon guy okay? I'll try my best to survive, I guess,"

"I'm sorry Hyejin," Gyuri looks at her apologetically. "It's okay. Just go, have fun," Hyejin pats her a few times before she was taken away by one of the stylists, to freshen up. When she got back to the room the rest of the pairs are already gone, enjoying their date with Bangtan, with the exception of Hyejin herself, and a raven haired boy. "So, anywhere you have in mind?"

"Please, stop pretending. Let's just follow the script and go anywhere they want us to be," 

 

 


 

Their first stop was expected, a picnic by the lake. Even though Hyejin still hates the idea of this, she eats the lunch packed by Jimin 'with love' well, since she is hungry and didn't get to eat earlier this morning. 

"You have a bad eating habit,"

"I know,"

Hyejin likes to stuff full with food like a chipmunk, blowing off her cheeks when she does so. Even though Jimin was taken aback by her on their first meeting, he found her quite cute. If she's not throwing sassy remarks to him, that is. "Who made this?"

"Why?"

"It's good," it is good. She never thought kimchi spaghetti would taste this good. "I do," that got her almost choking over the spaghetti. "You do? I don't believe it,"

"What? I'm a good cook. Quite offended here," Jimin holds up a hand at his heart, as if to make a point. Hyejin rolls her eyes. "Quit being so dramatic. You just don't seem like a guy who would cook," Hyejin shrugs. True, though. Jimin looks like a party animal, not the husband material kind. "That, I believe is a judgmental comment," Jimin said, happy when the girl simply rolls her eyes and resume on eating whole heartedly. 

When she's done with the spaghetti Jimin took out something from the picnic basket. Something that took form of origami papers. "Let's do this thing. You know, write a message and sail it across the pond,"

"That's ridiculous," Hyejin said, and she didn't miss the crestfallen look in Jimin's face. Sailing messages across the pond had always been his favorite thing to do, when he's not performing or messing around with Bangtan. "Why sail it across the pond? It'll either drown or get torn apart. I have a better idea,"

She fishes out a box of matchstick from her pocket and shows it to Jimin. "Let's burn them, so they can reach the sky,"

"Do you always bring matchsticks in your pocket?"

"I have my reasons,"

"You don't smoke now, do you?" Hyejin turns her head sharply to Jimin, sporting an offended and annoyed look. "I'm offended. I don't risk my health for things other than fast food okay," Jimin laughs, his eyes disappearing. Hyejin surely is something else. He was actually scared with the idea of going with her at first, since she doesn't come here today on her will and it looks like she want to be somewhere else today. But Hyejin is not that bad, actually. Sure, she snaps at him a lot, but she's still fun to hang around with. 

When they were both done writing messages - Jimin's was meant for his mom, while Hyejin's was addressed to Exo - Hyejin lights a matchstick, slowly burning her message first. The fire up the piece of soft pink paper was pretty at first, until it touched a bit of her finger, making her wince in pain and drop the rest of the paper on the ground. Afraid that it might burn the grass, she stomps on it a few times, leaving bits of black ash behind.

Jmin's message burns nicely. They really went up in the air and Hyejin frowns. Now, Jimin's message gets to ascend the skies but hers does not. "Why the long face?"    

"Now the sky people can't read my message and deliver it to the recipient,"

"Who was the recipient?" Hyejin stops herself from answering. 

"Not your business," she replies short, and Jimin nods, understanding what she means. "Okay, then. Pack up, we have somewhere else to go," Jimin start putting back the leftovers in the picnic basket while Hyejin folds the picnic mat, and after both of them are done they got into the crew's van. 

 


 

Ferris Wheels.

Another cliche scene right out from the movies. When they bought the tickets Jimin was buzzing with excitement. "Whoa, hold up there. You need to be at least this tall," Hyejin stretches her arms above Jimin's head, taunting his height. Jimin didn't notice it earlier, but Hyejin is about the same height as him. 

"Not funny, Park Hyejin,"

"Hehe,"

She chuckles lightly, following Jimin into the car with excitement. Hyejin likes high places. She especially loves ferris wheels. No one was in the car except for the two of them, and their VJ. When the car starts moving the two of them are balls of sunshine and excitement, especially Jimin. Hyejin never thought one can smile like Jimin, so bright and his eyes barely showing. To Hyejin, Jimin is quite cute. Not as cute as his Byun Baekkie and Kim Chen but still, cute. 

"Hyejin-ah,"

"Hmm?"

"Do you know why I like Ferris Wheels?" Jimin tilts his head sideways to Hyejin and the girl found it endearingly adorable. "My omma used to bring me here a lot when I was a kid. When I miss her, I would come here," 

"It must be hard, being away from your parents. Do they live in Seoul?"

"No. They're in Busan. It's not that far but I can't expect them to come regularly," Hyejin panics when he sees Jimin's eyes getting watery. "Excuse me. Mr Cameraman, can you stop filming for a while?" Jimin looks away from the camera, and the VJ lowers his camera, letting Jimin get the privacy he wants. "Aye, Jiminnie, you don't have to cry. We're so high up in the sky yet you're feeling so blue,"

Hyejin pats Jimin's chubby cheek lightly, in attempt to cheer him up. Hyejin is not really good in things like this, but she hope Jimin would stop crying because it doesn't feel nice, watching someone so bright suddenly broke into tears. It feels weird, and Hyejin felt... sorry for him. Jimin wipes his tears with the back of his hand and smiles again, radiating warmth in the cold compartment. 

"Sorry for the sudden outburst," the bright boy turn to the VJ, telling him to start filming again. "By the way, Hyejin, you're not a good comforter, aren't you?" Jimin laughs at Hyejin, resulting in him getting a light slap on his left arm. "Shut up. It's not my thing,"

"But seriously, 'high up in the sky yet you're feeling so blue'?" Hyejin rolls his eyes as Jimin laughs, even though Hyejin does not find it amusing.

 


 

Their last stop for the 'date' is every couple's must-go-to place, Namsan Tower. It's already dark, making it much more 'romantic', as Jimin put it, much to Hyejin's dismay. She thinks it's ridiculous, how it's always filled with stupid couples 'locking their loves' wishing for their so-called happy ever after. It's not that she doesn't believe in love or ever lasting love, she just sees no point in those couples proving their love and showcasing it to other people. If it's theirs, then they should just keep it with them, not showing it to other people, as if trying to prove that they are happy with each other. What's their point, really?

Jimin, the ever so bright sunshine is the exact opposite of Hyejin. He absolutely love the gestures of affection people do for each other even though it's not really necessary for them to broadcast it to the public. To Jimin it felt like both of them are comitted that they are not afraid of making other people as witnesses for their love. 

Of course, Hyejin think that it is total bull but Jimin is set on making Hyejin think the opposite with this trip. 

"Hyejin-ah, let's take a picture here the view is nice,"

The two of them is at the lower parts of Namsan, where there are locks along the walk up to the main part of the tower. It's like a long walk on a canopy except that the view is much more amazing here. Jimin insist they should take a picture every two steps because "the day won't last forever and we have to make every memory count" and Hyejin is starting to get bored because honestly, as pretty the view from Namsan is, there's nothing much to do here. Unless you enter the tower but Hyejin is totally broke for that. 

When they got to the main part of Namsan it's already dark, and they can't take much quality pictures during the night because of all the lights. "What do we do now?" 

"Eat?"

Hyejin smiles when Jimin suggested eating because Park Hyejin is always hungry and is always welcoming good food. They decided to have Italian food because Hyejin loves pasta and Jimin, well, he didn't mind as long as he get to eat. After a delicious dinner Hyejin is finally smiling and hyper and actually happy, playing in the middle of the water sprinkler thingy, laughing as the VJ fumble with his camera so as not to let it get wet. 

"You're happy when you have eaten,"

"Everyone is happy after a good bowl of pasta,"

Before leaving Namsan they put on a lock each, and one for the both of them. It wrote 'the start of a new friendship' and for the first time, Hyejin thought that the idea of the locks aren't so bad after all. 

 

 


 

 

When the day end and the Date With BTS also end, Hyejin felt a bit heavy to part ways with Jimin. After the last camera stopped rolling Jimin came, bouncing to Hyejin. "Yah, Park Hyejin. Give me your phone,"

"What? Why?"

"Shh, just give me your number," Jimin hands her his phone, and eyes around nervously as she puts her number in Jimin's phone. "Jimin, is this allowed? I don't think your manager-"

"Shh, not too loud. Here. Now we can stay friends,"

Hyejin quickly retrieve her phone as her ringtone suddenly played and Jimin snatches it from her hand before she could even do anything. When Jimin hand back her phone Hyejin notices that he put his contact as 'cute and fun Jiminnie' and he's grinning like he just won some big lottery. "Stop grinning you look like an idiot,"

Grinning, Hyejin changes Jimin's contact name to 'Park Ji' and smiles smugly when Jimin sees his contact name and can't do anything about it. "It's time for me to go home, now Jiminnie. I'll text you later this night okay?" Hyejin lightly slaps Jimin's chubby cheeks before waving him a goodbye and rush after Gyuri who is blushing and holding his cheek with wide eyes. 

"Did Rap Monster kissed you or something?"

Gyuri nods slowly, her face looks like her soul just left her body. "He kissed you? Oh my god, seriously?" Hyejin frantically looks around and when he spots the said man, he is talking to one of the managers, and if Hyejin's eyes are not lying, his cheeks are a bit flushed. Gyuri is pretty so it's not really a surprise if Namjoon actually likes her back or something. "Come on let's go home," 

Hyejin tugs on Gyuri's hand and dials for a cab. She throws one last look over her shoulder at the boys and catch Jimin smiling his 17 megawatt smile at her and smiles back before walking out through the door. "Gyuri-ah, I'm glad you bring me into this,"

"What?"

"Thank you,"

"Oh, okay..."

"Now you have something interesting to tell me. Come on, spill all the juicy details," 

 

 


 

 

From: Park Ji
today was fun ^^ up for another date?

To: Park Ji
r u kidding me? txt me the deets but not in another 2 weeks pls i hv exams

look at u still hv to go thru exams

some are not born talented lyk u

yea but they're born smart like u ;p

whatev. ur just tryna get 2 my good side

hmm. mybe i am. g'nigh hyejin

nite ji ;p

 

 

 

 

Damn yeah finally posting this one lol and yeah abt Namsan tower, I've went there and it's nothing much if you go there without a partner (bcs i went without a partner myself) the view is nice, and the weather was also nice. I just went there a month ago, during summer. It's sunny, but not that hot. Not even humid it's so dry i my lips on a constant basis. Very windy though and i think i like it a lot. Hmm. Enough ranting now, so anyeong. I hope you enjoyed this ^^