Her Life

My Blinded Love

Chapter 1 – Her life

Almost magical, her fingers seem to dance beautifully on the piano keys. A talent indeed. Despite her eyes condition, she can play piano without music scores. Just by her sense of rhythm. Once a key on the piano is played, she can immediately identify her note. Maybe, it is her talent in music. Or perhaps, it is because of her father grooming her into a music talent.

The concert ended, and she gave a little bow. She can hear the clicks of the camera. The sound of the applause by her audience, she didn’t like it at all. She didn’t like music in the first place, she hated it. Mostly because her father is the one who forced her into it. She knew clearly that her father is embarrassed of having a daughter like her, an incomplete daughter. She had lost her ability to see even since she was born. She knew how much her father hated her and how much her father preferred her younger sister, Hyun Jae, a completely opposite girl from her. Not to mention the way she behaved infront of the rich sons and infront of her. Totally opposite. However, Hyun Jae’s mother is the 2ndwife of her father. Complicated eh?

Who is she? The famous Jang Hyun Ae, the president’s daughter of multiple companies from wide range ; Construction to Furnitures and so on. But she isn’t famous because of her father. Well, perhaps partly because of it. Another thing about her is, she can play piano well, despite her eyes. Her eyes wasn’t an obstacle for her. For she, is already getting used to it.

She quietly walked to the backstage and she felt a cold touch. It’s her Umma. The only one that truly cares about her. But her father isn’t. She does wonders if she is really the daughter of her father. The last time she called her father “Appa” was when she was 10 years old. Before she heard what her father told her Umma, about abandoning her.

“Hyun Ae-ah, you performed well.” Her Umma assured her.

“Aniyo, I had a few mistakes. My rhythm is a little slow.” Hyun Ae answered.

“Glad that you know your mistakes, don’t make them anymore. You totally embarrassed me in the press. You have your next concert on next Tuesday. Don’t miss it. Do your best and stop embarrassing me.” Her father warned and walked off.

Perhaps that’s what makes Hyun Ae hated music even more. Her father is making use of her to earn money. She hated such life. She needs to escape, but where? She always lived under her father’s protection. But she knew where she wants to go. Seoul. She is a pure Korean in the first place, they had moved to USA for her father. Now, she don’t see the need to. She will run from her father and explore the world.

“Umma..” Hyun Ae started the conversation again.

“Yes, darling?” Her mother answered affectionately.

“I want to explore the world.” She replied.

_____________________________________________

Author Note : Hope the first chapter isn't that bored. :)