Doubtfulness

Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After making two cups of coffee you returned back to your living room, where your friend Sunmi was already waiting for you to join her. She was sitting on the couch, cross-legged, with her laptop on her lap. She was your partner for the university magazine and one of your closest friends in Seoul. You had to finish two articles, before the publication of the next issue and frankly you two were behind time.



„So, his name is Beenzino?“ She asked while typing in his name into the search engine. Actually she wasn’t here to do some research about him, but curiosity got the better of her and she couldn’t focus on work

.

„Yeah, his real name is Lim Sungbin,“ you told her and put her cup down onto the coffee table.

 Filled with excitement she searched the internet for information and you had to admit you heart did beat faster. You were torn between curiosity and sense of moral. You wanted to know everything about him, but was this the right way?



„There indeed isn’t much about him,“ she let out a sigh and shook her head in disappointment, reaching out for the cup of coffee, which was still warm.



„Well, he is new in the scene,“ you sad and plopped down onto the couch, taking a glance at the screen of her laptop.



„No rumors? No gossip?“ She asked in disbelief while scrolling through every page.

 You shook your head and chuckled at her behavior.



„Hold up!“ She squeaked in delight when she stumbled upon something interesting.

 

 „His parents are divorced. And he lived in New Zealand,“ she read out loud. 

You turned your eyes to her impressed. She was an ace in finding information. A talent which came in handy as a reporter.

„So that’s why he can speak English fluently,“ you said rather to yourself and nodded your head.

„And he allegedly had a long time girlfriend of four years,“ she continued reading out the information that she had found.

Your body froze and you remained silent for a moment. 

„Are you sure he will do this interview?“ Sunmi lifted up both of her eyebrows and inspected you doubtfully.



„What do you mean?“



„Well, he is a hot rookie in the music scene right now. He never did an interview before. Of course music will be one of the topics we will focus on. But since we’re the first to have a chance to interview him, we will also need to ask about his life, family, relationships, dreams and so on. This might strain your friendship.“

You thought about it for a moment and she was right. If you ask such questions without warning him, it would be like stabbing him in the back.


„I’ll talk to him.“



Sunmi eyed you up and down suspiciously and squinted her eyes. „Don’t tell me you guys are dating?!“ 



„What? N-no!“ You started stammering, as blush suffused your cheeks.



„Oh my god! Why didn’t you tell me? How can you keep something like that a secret!“ She squealed, almost spilling her coffee, due to excitement.



Please Subscribe to read the full chapter