I Won't Give Up

Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You arrived at the club an hour before his performance started, since he wanted to introduce you to his friends first. Well, actually he didn't want to, but he hoped they would hold back knowing you were his company for tonight.

 

His arm found its way to your waist and he led you to the upper balcony of the club, the VIP area. You could see some of his friends dancing to the rhythm of the beat while others were sitting around a table with a girl in their arms, conversing and probably getting drunk. It would have been a lie to say you weren’t nervous to meet his friends. He made it clear to you that his rapper friends where different from his art friends. They had different views and life styles. 



„Look who’s here,“ one of them shouted upon seeing Sungbin. He wore a simple black t-shirt and a snapback on his head. He had a gold chain around his neck and tattoos were gracing his two arms. He retreated his hands from the girl he was holding and got up from his seat to give Sungbin the ‚hiphop’ handshake. He was very short in comparison to Sungbin. But maybe it was Sungbin who was too tall. The guy’s eyes travelled to you and he furrowed his eyebrows, staring at you. 

 



„Did you bring someone for me?“ Another one of his friends asked and the group broke out in roaring laughter. Before you knew it, someone, you assumed one of his friends, put his arms around your waist. You turned around and he smiled at you. He was close enough for you to smell the strong scent of alcohol leaving his lips. Suddenly he leaned in closer and whispered something into your ears: “Don’t worry. I’m just teasing him,” reassuring you he didn’t have ulterior motives.  Now that you knew his true intention you felt relieved and more relaxed. 
You released a smile and winked at him, agreeing to his little act. What you didn’t know, was that Sungbin was observing the two of you the whole time with a little hint of jealousy growing in his chest.



„No. She’s mine,“ Sungbin announced confidently and ‚oohs‘ and ‚ahs‘ were coming from his friends. You let out a nervous chuckle looking at him insecure. Every time he introduced you, he proclaimed you as his. However, he never made the attempt to take it to the next level. He never tried to kiss you nor did you two go on dates. You were confused by his words and contradictory actions.



„This is Dok2,“ he started to introduce his friends to you by pointing to the short guy from earlier. „My boss.“



Your eyes widened in disbelief, hearing his last sentence. Sungbin nodded his head, answering the question you didn’t get around to ask. How could this be his boss? Wasn’t their relationship way too casual? Sungbin was the first person you knew, who went to clubs with his boss.


„And the one who tried to get into your pants is E-sens,“ he said and you could clearly hear the sarcastic undertone in his voice. 



„The Quiett, Jay Park, Simon D,“ he pointed to those who were sitting at the table.



„And this,“ he threw his arm around your shoulders and pulled you closer, making you blush a little „is Rosie.“ 

He turned his head to you and said: „Okay, now I have to go and prepare for my stage. Have fun.“ He released a smile before leaving you alone with his friends.

They motioned you to sit down and you followed their instructions, sitting next to E-Sens.

„Do you want to drink something?“ Dok2 asked friendly. You shook your head, declining his offer. You wanted to stay sober tonight. You didn’t want to be drunk the first time you will be seeing him performing. You wanted to remember and enjoy every second of it.



 

Your head shot up when you heard a deep voice announcing the next act through the speakers. You got up and walked to the balcony, looking down onto the stage from above. His friends followed suit and gathered around the balcony with drinks in their hands. 


His songs had a dreamy vibe to it and he was truly skilled in rapping. You thought he was only bragging at first, but he did justice to his boasting. 
At one point during his performance he looked up, his eyes searching for you. Finding you he locked eyes with you and gave you a wink, which caused you to release a little grin.

What left you in awe, was that the crowd seemed to know each and every line of his songs, singing along with him.



„He’s really popular, isn’t he?“ You asked Simon, who was standing beside you, nodding his head to the beat and swinging his glass around.



„Especially among girls!“ He laughed and took a sip of his glass. 

„Oh shoot! I shouldn’t have said that to the girl he brought with him,“ he apologized, after he had notice how insensitive his remark was.



„No, I’m fine. I mean we’re not an item or something like,“ you released a reassuring smile, though you did felt a little uneasy.



„You’re not?“ Simon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter