Love and Lust

Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before you had realized the spring break came to an end and you were trapped in the drab monotony of everyday life again. Somehow you had been able to survive the first semester, though you weren’t very satisfied with the results. But the second semester just felt like hell on earth to you. You spent more time at the library than at home and you didn’t get to see your boyfriend as much as you wished to.


“High school had been so much easier in comparison to university,” you thought and let out a heavy sigh. After your class had ended, you headed into the library to return some books. There you spotted Sungbin sitting near the window with a book in his hands. You squinted your eyes in disbelief and walked closer to him. It was a rare sight to catch Sungbin studying. Alone. In the library.

You flicked your fingers at his head gently and sat down next to him. He turned his head to you with a wide smile on his face, as though he was already expecting you.



“You’re studying?” You arched up one of your eyebrows in suspicion while looking at him with a tilted head.

“I’m doing research,” he replied and held up the book in his hand. You rolled your eyes while shaking your head, when you realized it was the newest edition of the university magazine

.

“Oh yeah? What is your research about?” You asked him playfully, a grin covering your tired face.



“Can you separate work and personal life? Or does a relationship affect your work?” He established a hypothesis, trying to sound smart.

“And what’s your result?” You played along, pretending to be overly interested.

“I’d say it’s possible, depending on the individual…but look at this…this is not right,” he opened the magazine and put it down onto the table for you to see. He pointed at the box on the top right corner and shook his head, feigning disappointment. “How can I only get 8 out of 10? That’s impossible!” He grabbed his chest in shock, gaining laughter from you.



“Who did the rating? I’m gonna sue that person!” He continued, acting as if he was appalled. You punched his arm in mock, while trying to stop yourself from laughing too loud. Since you both were still in the library. 



“8 stars are pretty generous. You should thank Sunmi. If it was up to me, I’d only give you 3.9,” you said jokingly.

“Tsk! I’ll take that back. You’re not professional at all. It’s impossible! Work and personal life can’t be separated!”

You broke into laughter as you saw the pout on his lips. He had managed to conjure a smile on your face again. Truthfully you had a horrible day today. But the moment you saw him, all of that was forgotten in the blink of an eye.

“Why are you here?” You then asked him in a more serious tone.



“What do you mean?” He looked at you innocently as he tilted his head at you.

“Oh c’mon! We both know you’d never put a step into the library on your own will.”



“Because I knew you’d be here,” he responded sheepishly, making your heart flutter. You stared at him speechless. You were too flustered to say something. The only thing you could do was to stare at him while smiling from ear to ear. How did he do that? How could he cause your worries and fears to vanish by his mere presence?

“Are you hungry?” He changed the subject.

“I’m tight on cash this month.”



“It’s my treat.”

“No, I don’t wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter