Stranger

Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your eyes travelled through the packed room, the loud music blaring through the speakers preventing you from thinking straight. You were looking for your friend, who practically dragged you to the club. She was of the opinion that you needed break. A break from studying and your boyfriend…well now ex-boyfriend. You two broke up a week ago, because contrary to your belief, the long distance did affect your relationship in a negative way. You were an exchange student currently residing in Seoul, South Korea. With every passing day it became more difficult to keep in touch with your boyfriend. And without realizing you both drifted apart, each leading a new life. So you both came to the mutual conclusion it would be the best to go separate ways, once and for all.

You let out a heavy sigh and decided to give up. It was impossible finding your friend in this multitude of people. And strangely tonight, the club was especially crowded.
You pushed past dancing and drunken people in order to reach the bar. No, you weren’t planning on getting drunk, but the room was stuffy and sweaty and you needed refreshment.
There were people giving you a catcall here and there and others trying to dance with you. All of this only added to your bad mood and when someone bumped into you from behind you lost it.

„Seriously, do you need to stick you everywhere?!“ You cursed under your breath and rolled your eyes in annoyance.


„Sorry, I didn’t mean to…“ A deep male voice answered in perfect English and you turned around surprised. You didn’t expect an answer. Firstly, you were in a club, so you had to reckon that someone might be hitting on you. And secondly you were in Korea, so the odds that someone understood what you said were practically zero, especially when you were swearing in English.

The stranger was tall, so you were forced to look up. As your eyes met his, he bowed slightly and apologized again. Seeing the sincere expression on his face, you were overwhelmed with guilt. You had a bad day or more precisely a bad week and letting it out on him was unfair.

„It’s okay,“ you released a friendly smile, acknowledging his apology. Then you turned around and left. Arriving at the bar you sat down and ordered something nonalcoholic to drink. You sipped on your glass and did a little chit-chat with the bartender. It was only then, that you started to enjoy yourself. Guess they were right about bartenders being shrinks of the modern time. You were laughing at one of his bad English jokes when suddenly someone called your name.

„Miss Rosie Alice Bazan.“ 

You whole body froze upon hearing your full name. You hadn’t revealed it to anyone in Korea. Apart from your professors in university, no one was aware of your second name. And your professor couldn’t possibly be at a night club. The first thing that came into your mind was your ex boyfriend. But he was in America.
You head shot into the direction of the male voice and your eyes widened at the person standing in front of you. It was the stranger from earlier.
„How do you…?“ You raised one of your eyebrows in confusion and he chuckled at your reaction. Then he held up a purse which looked very similar to your own. In fact, you were sure it was yours.

„I found it on the floor, so I went through it, in search of an ID card,“ he explained and apologized again, this time for hurting your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter