What are we? (Eunhae)

Revelations of Secrets and Identities

AHAHA Late update much?

 

“How would he react if he finds out that we failed?”

“Relax Hyuk. He won’t get mad.”

“Relax? RELAX? How the heck am I meant to relax if we didn’t comply to his orders?” He asked, before looking down to the ground. “Oh my gosh, I am going to die. We are going to die! Donghae! We are going to-”

“Oh, quit being such a drama queen.”

Eunhyuk scoffed, “Drama queen? I am so not a drama queen. I am just stating the obvious, you insolent, idiotic, stupid moron.”

“Aww how sweet. Your touching words touch touched me right in the left .”

“Ugh, why am I even partnered up with you? You are so immature.”

“Because you love me don’t you?”

“Please, don’t make me vomit.”

“Well vomiting does make you feel better, maybe you won’t be such a whiny drama queen after.”

“Alright, that’s it!” Eunhyuk yelled and lunged at Donghae who was still mindlessly staring out the window and the latter caught him off guard.

“What the-- GAH HYUKJAE YOU FAT ! GET OFF ME!”

“No! Unless you say that you’re sorry!!”

“I will never say sorry for something that I’m not wrong about!”

“Why you fu-”

“Watch your language!”

“Don’t tell me what to do inconsiderate fat !”

“? Who are you calling a ? Oh my God Hyukjae, I swear, you did not just refer ME as a girl.”

Eunhyuk sat back and smirked, “I think I did. What are you going to do?”

“You are going to get it now.” Donghae growled before jumping onto his partner and pulling his hair.

“DONGHAE! NOT THE HAIR! DONGHAE!”

“TAKE IT BACK!”

“NO!”

“YOU ASKED FOR IT” Donghae yelled, pulling his hair ever harder, and making Eunhyuk yell in pain.

“OKAY OKAY, YOU’RE NOT A .”

“THEN WHO IS?”

“NO ONE!” He yelled, making Donghae pull harder. “OKAY I AM, I AM. STOP IT!”

Donghae smiled in triumph and let go of the other’s now messy hair. He sat back on his seat, while Eunhyuk slumped sulkily against the chair, trying to style his hair once again.

~

“Lee Donghae, and Lee Hyukjae.”

“Boss!” Donghae exclaimed, as he stood up quickly.

“Your papers?”

Eunhyuk let out a small, “Ah,” Before rummaging in his bag, and pulling out a creased and crumpled up report.

“Hm,” The superior nodded, as he took the papers with judgement and disgust. He started skimming through them papers, and Eunhyuk noticed his frown deepening at every word he saw. “Mission- failed. Mind explaining why there is failure?”

“W-Well, um, y-you see… t-this is kinda a um-”

“What Hyukjae is trying to say, is that whilst we were trying to shoot him down, they were caught by the police, and obviously we could shoot them, or else, we’d be imprisoned, and they’d continue living.” Donghae interjected, making up an even more terrible lie. “And you know, we can’t have the good guys living now can we boss?”

There was a pregnant pause as the man sitting opposite then stared blankly and seriously at the other two. “Remind me why I put you guys up for this assignment again?”

Donghae opened his mouth to reply with something witty, but was stopped by Eunhyuk, “Because we are the most trustworthy ones, we won’t let you down anymore boss.”

“Trustworthy, my .” Donghae mumbled, but when he noticed that all the attention was on him, he smiled happily, “Won’t let you down at all, sir!” He yelled, giving him a salute.

“I will give you one more chance. You must get Lee Sungmin alive, if not, then you two will be breathing your last breaths soon, got it?”

“Yes, boss.” Eunhyuk replied instantly.

“So um, how soon? Like a week soon? Or like a day soon? Because I don’t think we can get him within a day, you know.”

The boss glared sharply at Donghae, who winced in pain as his partnered stomped on his foot to shut up. “You have 1 month, no more than that.”

Donghae scoffed, “That’s not that soon, I still have one month to breathe.” He muttered.

“Oh my God, shut up, will you.” Eunhyuk whispered harshly back.

The authority let out a sharp sigh and left without a word.

“What is wrong with you?”

“What? He wasn’t making things clear enough.”

“Dude! We could’ve just died there because of that annoying mouth of yours.”

“But we didn’t so you’re welcome.” He said, patting the other’s back.

“I cannot live with this. You are making my life miserable.”

Donghae laughed, “I’m making your life exciting. Loosen up a bit Hyukjae! Let’s go and find this Lee Sungmin.”

“Why am I even partnered up with you?”He groaned.

Donghae gave a huge smile and stared at his partner who had begun to walk out the door. Once his back was facing him, Donghae’s smile turned into a frown. How am I going to get through this.

~

The car trip was quiet. Eunhyuk was obviously giving him the silent treatment, and Donghae was too lost in thought to acknowledge it.

“How long have we been partners?” Donghae suddenly brought up.

No reply.

“Maybe like half a year? Maybe a year?”

“2 years.” Eunhyuk replied quietly.

“2 years?! Wow, yet, we still don’t know anything about it.”

Eunhyuk gave a short glance at the latter, forgetting about the silent treatment, he asked, “What do you mean?”

“All we ever talk about is work, work, and more work.”

“So what are you trying to say?”

“I want to get to know you.”

“You already know me.”

“You, as Eunhyuk, not as the assassin. You are always serious about your work. I never see you smile.”

“That’s because I have a job. You should understand that you do too.” He replied coldly.

Donghae sighed. “Can’t we just forget about the job and act as friends just for today?”

“We’ll get killed, Donghae.”

“I just want to be your friend, and not just your co-worker.”

“That can’t happen.”

“Why not?”

“You know why.”

“Hyukjae…”

“I know you mean well, but there’s really no need for us to be friends.”

“But, I just don’t want us to be apart after this mission ends.” He mumbled. Eunhyuk braked, and stared at the other. “What did I say something wrong?”

“Don’t want us to be apart?”

“Well, yeah. I like you. Although we fight, I really like having you around.”

There was a pause, as Eunhyuk had no idea how to reply, “Donghae…”

“You don’t have to say anything.” He said with a smile. “I’m just telling you how I feel.”

And then something strange happened. For the first time is years, Eunhyuk felt something strange, he felt warm and somewhat… happy.

~

“Are you okay?”

“Hm? Why wouldn’t I be?”

“I don’t know, you’ve just been quiet for the past hour. There’s obviously something wrong.” Eunhyuk replied in concern.

Donghae laughed, “I’m fine, just ran out of things to talk about.”

“Okay…” He said, totally not convinced. When the silence consumed them once again, Hyukjae sighed, “Fine. Let’s go out. We deserve, right?”

The other looked up, and faced him with a small smile, “Really?”

“Why not? But, don’t try to learn more about me.” He warned.

Donghae immediately put his fingers to his lips, motioning a zipping action to seal his lips.

“Okay, so where should we go?”

“Hmm, well I know this really nice café… Or maybe the ice- skating rink. OH There’s a new amusement park opening up, maybe we can go…” He paused before gasping, “I got it, let’s go to an aquarium. Oh my gosh, Hyukkie, we can go to the the aquarium, and see all of those fish, oh my—“

“Shh, just shut up for a while.”

The latter immediately closed his mouth and looked back with wide eyes.

“Fine, let’s go to the aquarium.” He continued, make the other smile widely. “But no talking.” He said, narrowing his eyes, making the other nod back innocently. “Or calling me Hyukkie.” He added in distaste.

~

“Hyukkie, look at the huge as shark.”

“Oh my gosh, no. Hyukkie, look at that clown fish.”

He gasped, “Hyukkie look at that. It looks at you!”

“Hyukkie,” He whined, “I’m hungry~”

“I want ice-cream.”

“Chocolate ice-cream!”

“Ooo, I wonder if there are fish flavoured ice-cream. That would be gross though.”

“Oh my gosh, Donghae. When are you not talking!” Hyukjae groaned.

“What do you mean?” He asked back feigning innocence and oblivion.

“Out of the three rules, I’ve made, you’ve broken 2 of them.”

“Why don’t you loosen up a bit? Goshh, you are so tense.”

“I don’t want to loosen up.”

“Come on. Smile a bit. People might think that you were forced into this.”

“Well, I kinda was.” He muttered, earning him a small glare. He sighed, “Okay, okay, God. Let’s go get ice-cream.”

Donghae smiled victoriously and held the other’s hand, taking him off guard. “I saw a nice ice-cream parlour place just then.”

~

“One chocolate ice- cream,” He started, before hesitating a bit, “and a strawberry sundae.”

“You like strawberries?”

“Don’t try to break the last rule.” He warned.

“I’m just asking if you liked it.”

“And I’m just telling you not to break the last rule.”

~

“Hyukjae.” He said quietly.

Finally, he isn’t calling him Hyukkie. He thought.

“Hyukjae.” Donghae repeated again, louder.

But why does it sound so strange now?

“Hyuk. Jae.” He said sternly, whacking him in the head.

“Argh, what?”

“Kyuhyun and Sungmin.” He murmured.

“What? Where?”

“There.” He replied, pointing to a couple off in the distance.

Hyukjae glanced at the couple, before going back to his sundae. “What are you doing?” He asked, as he saw the latter trying to pull out his gun.

“I’m trying to complete the mission. What does it look like I’m doing.” He replied, almost harshly.

Hyukjae was taken aback by the sudden change in tone the other possessed. “No.” He retorted firmly.

What.

“No.”

“Hyukjae.” He hissed. “They’re right there.”

“This is my day off isn’t it?”

“What?”

“Loosen up a bit, Hae.” He teased.

Donghae cracked up in laughter, “What’s wrong with you? Did you get hit in the head when I wasn’t looking?”

He let out a small smile, “Maybe I did. Hurry up, I know this good place.”

~

“Hyukjae, I think this is a bit too fancy.” He whispered with large eyes, as he scanned the room that was blinding him with gold and silver.

“So?”

“Aren’t we too underdressed?”

“Nope. Come on.” He replied with a smile.

Donghae hesitated slightly before trailing behind him and murmuring a small,”Hyukkie…”

“Table for two, Master Lee?” An old man asked.

“Yes, please.”

“Right this way.”

As they sat down, Donghae was still in awe as he couldn’t stop staring at the expensive decorations that hung around the building.

“Stop it, Hae.” He laughed, seeing how amazed the latter was.

“How does that guy know you?” He whispered.

“You can talk louder you know.” He replied, “I guess you’re going to break rule number 1 as well.” He teased.

“I might.” He whispered back, “I am quite intrigued.”

Hyukjae laughed, “Welcome to my house.”

“WHAT.”

“Oh, so you stop whispering now.”

“Why would you take up this job, when you have a great life outside?!”

“And rule number 1 is broken.” Hyukjae muttered. He pulled out a seat for Donghae before taking a seat across to him. “Before this job, I was nothing. He gave me everything I live for now.”

“But, you still murder people.”

“So?”

“You’re in it for the money?”

“Who isn’t?”

“I always thought it was for the revenge, or something like that.”

Hyukjae laughed, “I don’t need revenge. My parent’s died when I was a child. I don’t remember anything about it, and turn out they died from something like falling bricks or some like that at work.”

“That’s such a tragic way to die.” He whispered.

“Oh wells. People die.” He replied heartlessly.

This isn’t the person that I know… Donghae thought.

“You okay?” Hyukjae asked, as he saw the nervous look on the other.

“Uh, y-yep.”

He laughed dryly, “Sure you are.”

“So…” He hesitated, “What would happen, if I died?”

“What?”

“If I died, would you be sad?”

“Why would I be sad?”

Donghae flinched,”What?”

“Well, if you died, then it can’t be helped.”

“So you wouldn’t care? You wouldn’t try to know how I died? You wouldn’t-“

“Are you okay? Death is a natural process.” Hyukjae said. “It can’t be helped.” He repeated.

Donghae clenched his fist under the table and looked down.

“Something wrong?”

“No. Nothing. Is wrong.” He spoke through his gritted teeth.

Hyukjae gave out another dry laugh. “This is why I don’t like talking about these things. This is just so stupid. Emotions should be hidden. They are a weakness to us.” He paused before continuing, “That’s why I will never love anyone, and the only emotion I would feel is hatred.”

“Wow.” Donghae breathed, “So what am I?”

“What?”

“What am I to you?”

“A co- worker.”

“We can’t even be friends?”

“I don’t need friends. Friends stab you in the back, and they make you weak.”

“Is that what you really think?”

“Yep. I’m here to be the best. And I won’t hesitate to kill anyone who gets in the way.” He said, “Not even you.” He added remorsefully.

Donghae glared back at the latter. The words that flowed out punched him straight in the face and stabbed him repeatedly, yet he couldn’t even say anything to defend himself.

“Anyways, do you want to eat?”  Hyukjae said, changing the subject.

“No.”

“What?”

“No.” He repeated, standing up.

“I thought you had changed from when we first met. But I guess not.”

“What are you talking about?” He scoffed, folding his napkin neatly.

“You’re worse than I thought you were. Maybe you should open your eyes and understand who you are working for, and what you are actually here to do. You don’t understand anything Hyukjae. You don’t understand what life is. You’ve become so lost in this world you built by yourself that, you’ve become so inhumane and cold.”

“Sit back down, Donghae.” He replied carelessly.

“No. Stop being so naïve and grow up. I’m leaving.” He turned and took a step before halting. “By the way, if you had died, I would care so much. You don’t even know how much I would care.” He whispered before leaving.

 


Wooo! for anyone who is still alive and haven't given up on this story \o/ I'm so sorry. I am a horrible writer. But stress and everything is building up and I really just can't handle it T~T  LOL What am I saying? I shouldn't be lying. Sobs, I'm sorry, I hope you forgive me xD Anyways, thank you so much to ohthissucks and bada123123 for subscribing and also to bada123123 once again for upvoting!!!! 

I hope you COMMENT/ USUBSCRIBE/ UPVOTE!! But you know, that's up to you xD But pleeeeease tell me what you think about it ^-^ You've wasted your time reading this, so might as well waste like another 3 seconds to comment? Kekekekek okay I'll stop xD Byee!