Confessions and truths

Revelations of Secrets and Identities

Sorry for the ultra late update >m<

 

“Sandeul and Baro?”

Kyuhyun’s head was spinning as he turned to the lying, injured male and nodded. “They didn’t want us to sign it because this is kind of like a slave contract.”

Sungmin gasped. “That’s why he wouldn’t let you flip over to the next page?”

“Yeah.”

“Then how do you know where Deul and Baro are?”

“They knew. They knew who we were. They wanted to torture us. To make us witness and perform inhumane acts against the people we know and love. T-This meeting… I think it was meant for Leeteuk and Kangin, maybe for them to kill the man, but definitely not for this reason, but because they had died, we were their replacement, and seeing how we were already known and exposed to the other people, without us even knowing, they probably set up this whole thing to mock us, or something.” Kyuhyun reasoned. He then remembered the initial question. “Which was why in the documents, they had probably thought that we didn’t know who they were, hence why they were stupid enough to write their current location and everything, thinking that we’d sign it and be force to go there, without being able to retaliate. But when you had the panic attack, and I guess push the table to make him drop his drink, he probably realised we knew everything, which was why he was going to stab you, and if you hadn’t intervene by shooting him, we would both be dead.”

“So it was my fault?” Sungmin asked himself in a whisper. It was faint, however Kyuhyun was able to catch certain key words, making him understand Sungmin’s accusations towards himself.

“No it wasn’t!” He quickly replied, “We didn’t even know what we were in for.” There was a sudden beep that indicated that a new message had arrived, and Kyuhyun reached down to grab his phone. It was an anonymous number.

Very clever Cho Kyuhyun, however not all of your little speech is correct. There will be more that you will find out, and if you continue using that brain of yours, you will be able to unravel all of the secrets that have been kept from you from your brother. I will tell you this though, Mr Cho, the people you are dealing with are definitely not stupid.

“Who was it?”

“Who else would message me at a time like this?” He replied bitterly. Sungmin decided to keep his mouth clothes and gently traced over his wound with a light finger.

“We have to go get Baro and Deullie before they find out about what happened and take them away.”

“Now?” Kyuhyun nodded and looked at his watch. It was minutes just after 5.

“They are at an empty warehouse near the city of Seoul, so we’ll get there at around 7, if we leave now, considering the traffic and everything. We’ll take them and then find another motel near there.”

“Wouldn’t there be people guarding the area though?”

Kyuhyun paused, having not thought of something so obvious, he mumbled, “I guess we’d have to fight against them.” His eyes lingered over to Sungmin’s stomach who’s hand was resting on top of his long wound that was bandaged. “I’ll have to fight against them.” He rephrased.

“I can fight too. I’ve learned self-defence and everything when I did Taekwon-do.”

“Then you should be able to protect yourself IF they come to you without my knowledge.” He retorted almost instantly and sarcastically. Sungmin flinched at the hostility in Kyuhyun’s voice and slightly pushed himself more into the sofa, as though cowering away from him.

Kyuhyun felt guilty for suddenly speaking so coldly, he wanted to apologise, but he had other things on his mind, so he decided to just brush it off.

~

“Are you going to be fine alone?” He asked, as they pulled up right outside of the warehouse.

“Why can’t I just go with you? I can handle it. I have a gun and everything already.”

“But it doesn’t change the fact that you are injured. Just stay in the car.”

Sungmin clenched his jaws and took a sharp breath. He was losing his temper, but he didn’t want to show it, so he just nodded. Kyuhyun noticed this, and he let out a huge sigh.

“Look Min, I’m really sorry for talking to you like that. I’m just really scared for everyone’s safety. Please just stay in the car, alright? I-I don’t want to lose you.” He admitted. He awkwardly leaned forward and pulled Sungmin into a warm hug. After pulling back, he looked atSungmin’s slightly flustered face and smiled, “I promise you that I will try my best to rescue the both of them, and if I really need help, then I will call you, alright?” Sungmin nodded, responding with a faint smile.

“Alright. Be careful.”

“I will.” Without any more words, Kyuhyun went outside and looked around, as he ran towards the abandoned building. Sungmin stared at the retreating figure, and once gone from his peripheral vision, he let out a shaky breath and lifted his hands onto his chest. Why was he feeling this way at a time like this? Especially towards a man he had only met for less than a month.

~

It had been half an hour, and Sungmin was still continuously speaking to himself. “Aish I don’t like him. I’m just isolated from everyone else because of this stupid mission, and now I’m just too dependent on him. That is why.” He reasoned, “B-But why does my heart feel this way every time he does something nice? Why do I suddenly get nervous? Or suddenly get mad? Am I going insane? Or maybe I do like him…” He shook his head and banged it against his seat. “What has gotten into you, Sungmin? You really are going insane. You should be thinking about the safety of Sandeul and Baro. Aishh what is wrong with me?” He whined and mumbled.

He let out a groan, to try and relax his brain, but it only led to more stress. “I’ve got to get in there. Maybe Kyu’s in trouble and can’t contact me.” He muttered, trying to supress the blush forming after realising he had mentioned Kyuhyun’s nickname.

He took a deep breath and reached open for the door. As soon as he got out, he heard a bang. He turned around, and as though living in slow motion, he saw the bullet glide through the air, his closed his eyes tightly, bracing himself for that bullet to pierce through his body.

~

“Shoot now.” He muttered quietly.

“Don’t rush me, I’m trying to concentrate.”

“Donghae! Just shoot while he is sitting down.”

“We only have one effin’ bullet, and I’m trying to make sure my precision is impeccable.” He said in a matter-of-factly tone.

“We only have one bullet because a certain someone kept playing around with it and aiming and firing.” He accused, making Donghae glare at him in disapproval.

His partner grumbled and leaned back onto his seat, and continued to stare at the latter’s actions.

“Finally.” Donghae muttered, after a moment of complete silence.

“What?”

“He’s going out.”

“You know you’re not supposed to kill him, just yet?”

“I know. Shut up Eunhyuk.” He snapped, making the other, shut his mouth.

“Aaaand now.” He whispered, before pulling the trigger. Eunhyuk sat back up, seeing the bullet triggered and shot by in quick speed, only narrowly missing their target.

“Woops.” Donghae muttered, as he turned to Eunhyuk, who looked unbelieved.

“One millimetre, and you could’ve got him. One. Millimetre.” He emphasised.

“Heh, oh wells. We can get him another time.” Donghae shrugged.

“Aish, why am I even partnered up with you.” Eunhyuk grumbled, making Dongahe smile back sheepishly.

~

Sungmin couldn’t register what had happened. If he had leaned forward just slightly, he could’ve and would’ve died. He blinked back to reality, and silently thanked the Lord for sparing his life, before looking around and shakily running towards the warehouse, like what Kyuhyun had did previously, but even more cautiously.

~

“Ducky? Baro?” He called out. His heart was hammering out of his chest as he searched around for the two kidnapped boys. Kyuhyun gripped firmly onto his gun and held it against his thigh, on the ready, and slowly pushed the door open to the next room. As he looked around the dark room, he noticed that it was filled with knives, rifles, whips and more deadly and torturing equipment. He involuntarily shuddered, but sighed in relief that there was no one to be seen. Kyuhyun was deep in thought, wondering why so many weapons were needed, when his attention was drifted to a glass box. In this box was what had seemed to be a very sharp machete, stained with dried blood that glistened as though in pride, in the moonlit room, and a circular object. He squinted to try and determine what the object was, but wasn’t able to distinctly tell what it was, other than the fact that it had something that seemed to look like hair on the top.

Something told him that he should just walk away from the glass box, and find the two boys, however, the sense of curiosity had already gotten to him, and Kyuhyun reached for the small torch that was in his pocket. He turned it on and shined it on the floor first, because slowly lifting it up at the glass. Kyuhyun gasped, before dropping his torch and taking steps back. After several of minutes of calming his heart, which was beating erratically, he picked up the dropped torch and walked back to the glass box. Tears spilt from his eyes as he continued to convey what he was seeing. In it, was the head of his brother. His face was pale grey, and everything about him seemed so lifeless and sad. Kyuhyun let out a pained sob, as his eyes trailed down to the pool of blood that was starting to dry beneath the head. He fell to his knees with his head lowered as he sobbed in pain and anguish.

Sobs died down, and soon the room was once again silent. Kyuhyun didn’t have the strength to stand back up, so he stayed there still shaking from fear and sniffing. An almost inaudible crap was heard, and Kyuhyun forced himself to stand up and grab the gun that was lying on the floor. He tried to regain his composure as he aimed the gun towards the door, readying to shoot. The door knob turned and a creak was heard as the door was opened. There, faced a rather pale Sungmin with a gun pointing straight at him.

“K-Kyuhyun!” He whispered before putting his gun away and running to the said man, who stood there emotionless. He halted, as he saw that Kyuhyun made no attempt to put his gun away, and continued to point it at him, shaking in fear.

“Kyuhyun?”

There was no response.

“Kyuhyun! You’re scaring me.”

His eyes finally drifted to the man who was calling his name.

“Kyuhy- Mphh. Kyuhyun?” He muffled, and the said man realised what he was doing, and pulled Sungmin into a hug. It was so tight, that he had buried Sungmin’s face into his shoulder, making him not be able to talk or breathe.

“Sungmin.” He said, with his voice cracking as he announced the last syllable.

“What’s wrong?”

“N-Nothing.” He replied, not wanting Sungmin to see the harrowing sight, that he had regrettably witnessed.

“Alright.” Sungmin said slowly in suspicion.

“Why did you get out of the car? You’re injured!”

“B-But you were taking so long, and I thought something was wrong, so I went out, but then stuff happened and-”

“Shh, it’s okay, it’s okay. We’ll find them together and then quickly get back home, alright?”

Sungmin bit his lower lip and nodded. “I found where Baro is.”

“What? You didn’t take him?”

He nodded, “I did. He’s hiding over there,” he pointed, behind the table that was located right next to the door, “He’s scared.”

“Alright,” Kyuhyun replied and walked to the hiding boy, “What about Sandeul?”

He shook his head. “We can’t find him.”

“Why?”

“They took him.”

“And not Baro?”

“Yeah, I don’t know why though. Baro just said that a few hours ago, they decided to change locations, but they just left him there and took Sandeul.”

Kyuhyun raised a brow in curiosity and question. Why would they just take Sandeul? What could they possibly do to a young child like him? He sighed in slight anger and walked away from Sungmin who was worryingly staring at him.

“T-Teacher?” A little boy called out.

“Baro. Come on, we’ll get you to our place, and then call your father to get home alright?”

There was no response from the child, however he had stepped out of his hiding spot, and was biting his lip, as if contemplating on something. Suddenly, he ran to the teacher and cried his heart out to him.

“Shhh, don’t worry, Baro. You’ve been a strong kid, just cry as much as you want.”

“I saw them kill Omma.” He cried, “Mummy, I love you.” He proceeded to mumble, when he heard a gasp from Sungmin.

“She really is…?” Kyuhyun whispered, as he stared at the strong bond between teacher and student.

He let out a shaky breath, and took Baro out of Sungmin’s arms, remembering that he was still injured.

“W-Who are you?”

“I’m here to protect you.” Kyuhyun whispered, awkwardly kissing the hairline of Baro.

“You were the hero teacher was talking about, when he rescued me?”

“Hero?”

The boy nodded. The tears were gone and he didn’t feel so scared anymore, knowing that he was in the hands of a hero.

“Seongsaenim told me that once you found out that me and Deullie were taken, you ran out of the house and ran all the way here to save us! He said that you fought all the bad guys and protected teacher from being in danger as well.” He took a breath and let it out, smiling widely at Kyuhyun with awe and happiness. “What is your name?”

Kyuhyun was shocked at everything he was hearing. Sungmin had probably made him sound like he was a hero because he didn’t want the boy to fear him, but he felt a warm feeling in his heart that he couldn’t help but like. “My name is Kyuhyun.”

Baro smiled and hugged him. “Thank you for rescuing me and Seongsaenim, Kyu Ahjussi.”

~

“Yobeoseyo?”

“Hello? Is this Mr Cha?”

“Yes, this is him?” The man on the other line sounded broken and lifeless.

“Hi, this is Cho Kyuhyun. Um, we have your son right here and-”

“What do you want? I’ll give you anything! Just give me my son back!”

“No, no, Sir. I don’t want anything. We have found your son. Um, would you like to speak to his teacher? He helped find him.”

“Mr Lee?”

“Yes. Just one moment.” Kyuhyun pulled the phone from his ear and handed it to Sungmin who was singing lightly to Baro.

“Mr Cha.”

“Sungmin-ssi?”

“Are you alright?”

“Yes. Yes. I am fine. Is my son really there?”

“Yes. He is healthy and well. Here. Speak to him. I know you are dying to hear his voice again.”

“Thank you so much, Sungmin-ssi.”

“Appa! Appa, are you coming to pick me up? Kyu Hyung, and Teacher Min are here and we’re playing games! Are you going to come?” He yelled through the phone. All the trauma of the recent events seemed to have been forgotten in the meantime, and Baro was excitedly speaking to his father, who he had not seen in almost a week and a half.

“Ne! I love you Appa!” He turned to Kyuhyun and handed him the phone once again.

“Hello?”

“I am so sorry for accusing you of taking my son.”

“No worries. I would’ve done the same thing.” Kyuhyun replied, his tone unconsciously dropping, as he thought of Sandeul.

“Forgive me for prying, but is Sandeul any relation to you?”

“Y-Yeah. He is my nephew.”

“Oh my goodness. I am so sorry. I will do whatever I can to help.”

“No, that is fine. We will find him as well. All I want you to do is come and pick up Baro, and make sure you look after him. He’s gone through a lot.”

~

“Baro?”

“Mmm.”

“Your father’s here.”

The small boy shot up from his sleep. “Appa?!”

“Baro.” His father replied with huge smile of relief. He ran to his son and tightly wrapped his arms around him. After a few minutes of hugging, he looked up to face Kyuhyun was standing next to Sungmin with small smiles on their faces.

“Thank you so much for rescuing him.”

“There’s no need to thank us. We were just doing what’s right.”

“I-I don’t mean to be rude, but aren’t you the wanted man on the news everywhere?”

Kyuhyun sighed. “Yes, I am. People are suspecting me of the death of Zhou Mi, and Shindong. But, it wasn’t me,” He sighed, “They won’t even listen to what I have to say, but if I get caught, I will be killed straight away.”

“I am so sorry to hear that. I wish I could do something.”

He replied with a bitter smile. “What’s done is done. I can’t change the past, nor my fate, so we’ll have to see what lies ahead of us.”

~

Kyuhyun let out a sigh. He fell onto the leather sofa as he closed his eyes to try and relax.

“Ahem.” He jumped and quickly look around to see Sungmin.

“I’m sorry. Were you sleeping?”

“U-Uh no. I was resting. What’s wrong?” Sungmin showed him the message that was on the phone he was holding.

You may have just breached everything we told you not to do, however, because you have reunited the boy and father again, we will let it pass. Next time, you will do exactly as we say, or else we will not hesitate to take away your life. We will no longer be as lenient as we were before.

“Do you think we will die?”

“No. I won’t let that happen… at least not for you.”

Sungmin huffed, and sat beside him.

“Hey, what’s wrong? Did I say something wrong?”

Sungmin proceeded to shake his head, but he took a deep breath and nodded instead. “Yes, there is. Why do you always act so selfless?” He asked, getting slightly annoyed, “Why do you always act as though you are so brave? You deserve a happy ending too!”

Kyuhyun laughed dryly. “Happy ending? What kind of world are you living in? We are not living in a fantasy world, Sungmin.”

“So what? Just because we aren’t, doesn’t mean you won’t find one. You can find happiness in the cruellest place, so why can’t you find it here.” He asked softly. He was close to tears, and he knew that it was something stupid to be crying about, but ever since Sungmin was young, he had dreamt for this ‘Happy ending’, and to be told that there wasn’t any, by his only friend, hurt him. A lot.

“Aish, just stop with all this bull. What do you expect? That you would find your ‘true love’? That you would live your happy ending? For one to live a happy ending, another would have to sacrifice theirs. Are you really that selfish?”

Sungmin was taken aback, his words hit straight to his heart, and it hurt. “I don’t want to live in a fairytale! I just wanted a happy ending, to be with the person I love, but obviously the person I love can’t understand me.” He replied bitterly.

“Loving someone is stupid. They will leave you in the end. This is reality, Sungmin, and if you can’t accept it, then you might as well not live it.” Kyuhyun retorted without thinking. He saw the other’s eyes widen twice the size, and tears started b and were ready to fall down. He wanted to say something, to delete what he had said, but it felt like he something was preventing him to speak.

“s-Sungmin.” He said softly.

“No. You’re right,” Sungmin replied, as calmly as possible. His voice cracked and tears fell down. “You are absolutely right. Maybe I don’t fit in this world. Maybe I should just do as you say.” He took a deep breath, and tried to smile, “Love isn’t stupid, Kyuhyun. The person in love is stupid. And I’m just stupid to have loved someone like you.”

With that, he left a shocked Kyuhyun and limped to his room. He half slammed the door and slid to the ground, crying his heart out.

 

 

Sorry for the late update, once again! I wanted to update once more before school started tomorrow, so I decided to finish this chapter ^^ I don't even know if anyone reads this, but I'll write it for those who do. To be honest, I've been losing inspiration, I mean, lack of Kyumin stories, as well as Kyumin moments are hard to get inspiration from.

I know there are others that feel the same,so I have one tiny request. I would like to read your fanfics. To spazz over them and everything xD That way, I could get inspiration to continue writing as I know that there are still alot of JOYers out there!! All you have to do, is leave a link to your stories, or even just tell me to check out all your stories xD And I will read all of them, any genre, completed or not ^^ Don't worry, I will also Subscribe, Comment, Upvote, all that good stuff ^^ Because I love every Kyumin stories :D SO BE SHAMELESS AND PROMOTE ALL YOUR FANFICS TO ME :DD

Anyways, enough of me blabbering. Thank you to: LynSushi and Millaka for subscribing!! Please Comment, Subscribe and/or Upvote! Thank youuu once again!! Hope you all have a great day C: