The voices

Revelations of Secrets and Identities

“We have to leave now.” Kyuhyun said.

“No. This is Leeteuk’s home. If they were behind something, there must have been some clues hiding here that we could’ve missed.”

Kyuhyun thought about it, and decided that it was a good idea. They began searching throughout the house, looking under the couch and in every room, but there was nothing.

“Urgh, there’s nothing.”

“I’m sure there is. Did he ever say something as a joke or weird at unnecessary times?”

“No, nothing that I recall of…” Kyuhyun frowned and scrunched his brows together. It then finally hit him. “The portrait.” He muttered.

“Huh?”

“The portrait! He would always say that if anything goes wrong, I should just take the portrait and the clocks.”

“Um okay?”

“That’s it! Sungmin! It’s the portrait!”

“I’m still confused. I don’t think the portrait can hold anything secret.”

“No not the portrait itself. But something hiding within the portrait.” With that, Kyuhyun walked towards the family photo and bought it down. He then flipped it around and opened the frame, revealing a metal surface with a buttons of numbers in the bottom left corner.

They were back to the start. Without knowing the password, there was no way that they could get in.

“What are their favourite number?”

“I don’t know.”

“Try their birth dates?” Kyuhyun punched in the numbers of all of their birth dates, but there was no luck.

“There must be something here.” Sungmin mumbled and searched around the room once again. As he examined each room carefully, throwing everything around, he noticed a small pattern. “Kyuhyun-ah.”

Footsteps were suddenly heard and Sungmin turned to see a defeated looking Kyuhyun. “What?”

“Who’s room is this?”

“It used to mine and now it’s Sandeul’s. Why?”

“Look.” He pointed to clock. “Those numbers. They’re Roman numeral. Except the 1, the 3 and the 7 are all written incorrectly.”

“They look the same to me.”

“But it’s not. And look here.” He said, he walked out of the door, to Leeteuk and Kangin’s room, and pointed to the clock. “This time, the Roman numerals are all correct, however, the numbers 1,3 and 7 are written in a slight different font.”

“How did you realise all this?”

“When I’m nervous I always check the time.” He said, shrugging.

“So do you think that the password might be 137?”

“I don’t know. We can give it a try?”

Kyuhyun nodded and ran back to the family portrait. He punched in those numbers, and to his and Sungmin’s astonishment, it unlocked. Kyuhyun held his breathe as it opened, and it revealed several of documents.

Kyuhyun took the one located in the middle and read the context. It was a letter.

Kyuhyun,

I hope this is you. I am so sorry you had to be involved in this. And by this, I can’t tell you anything about it, in fear that you might not be Kyuhyun who is reading this. If you are, then it must be because you know something is suspicious. It is. The world is suspicious. This letter is written in case of any emergency. You probably think that your life is peaceful, but you’re wrong. And it is all my fault. I am sorry once again.

I cannot tell you anything at all about what I am doing, and you need to figure it out yourself. Once you have finished reading this letter. There is no turning back. You know enough to the point where you cannot avoid the situation anymore. The only thing I can tell you is that Kangin and I are good people. So don’t hate us for what we do.

Please take care of and Sandeul, and also Sungmin. You and him may not know it, but he is a very important person, and let’s just say he has a untold history that not even he knows about. Other than them, you cannot trust ANYONE. We are outnumbered and they have eyes everywhere. Disguise yourself. Be a different person. You must lie. Just like how Kangin and I have lied to you, you must do the same to everyone else.

I am sorry for putting you into this mess, but I have said too much already in this short letter. Please just be safe and look after the people I mentioned.

I love you. I rarely ever say it. But it is truth, I promise. I love you brother. I will keep watch of you even from afar.

Love, Leeteuk.

Kyuhyun tried to supress all the emotions he got from the last paragraph and took a deep breath.

“Now we have to leave.” He said, taking all the documents and shoving it in a bag he found on the side. He took the photo and rolled it up, before putting in the bag as well. They then left to Leeteuk and Kangin’s room and took out a suitcase in their closet, and shoved all their clothes, as they didn’t have any of their own, apart from the ones that they were wearing now.

Not caring about the other’s presence, they both stripped down to their underwear and decided to wear something else. In the midst of getting dressed, a doorbell was heard on the other end of the hallway. They both stopped what they were doing and Kyuhyun quickly buttoned up the rest of his shirt and ran down the hall. He reached out to the door handle and cautiously opened the door.

“Hi! My name is Donghae and this here is my partner Eunhyuk. We are here to check your electrical systems. We will be.. Oh my goodness! Did we interrupt something?”

“Why would you think that?”

“Well, I doubt you would’ve been walking around with your buttons in the wrong hole, and you hair looking like that.”

Kyuhyun looked down, noticing that he accidentally missed a button, and thus, the 3rd button was in the 2nd hole of the shirt. He flushed in embarrassment and then remembered. The electrical system only get checked once a month, and he specifically recalled them coming just last week.

Other than them, you cannot trust ANYONE. Could they have been…? But the guy seemed so cheerful and not the type to kill or whatever. Maybe this was their disguise. Kyuhyun was utterly confused. If he let them in, they might die. But if he doesn’t let them in, then it might just confirm to them that he knows something. He let out a shaky breath and smiled.

“Y-Yeah. I was in the middle of something. Can you come tomorrow? I’m kinda sore, you know, down there.”

The two then looked down and it took them a while to register what he was talking about.

Donghae’s eyes widened. “You got ed in the ?”

Kyuhyun cleared his throat and looked around, avoiding their gaze.

“Who is it?” He turned around to see Sungmin walking out.

“O-Oh, this must be your partner.” The other, Eunhyuk, said.

“Huh?”

“You actually look like the type to top, if it was with him.”

“W-We like to try new things.” Kyuhyun replied embarrassingly.

“Whaaat?” Sungmin asked, obviously confused.

“Oh don’t worry sir. We aren’t homophobic. And it’s okay if you guys had just then. We just came at the wrong time. We’ll come tomorrow. Thank you for your time.” Donghae said.

With that, they turned around to leave. Kyuhyun closed the door, and pressed his ear against the door. He heard incoherent word and then Eunhyuk shouting at Donghae that he was being too engrossed in role, and not the main thing.

“What the heck just happened?”

“I don’t think they are who they say they are.”

“What.”

“Look. I’ve gotten myself into something that I have no idea what it is about. You are someone who has to be safe. I have to leave now. You stay here. Pretend that nothing happened, and continue doing your job.”

“What? No! Two of my students have been kidnapped. I don’t think you understand. We, as teachers, create a bond with our students, especially if it’s someone as little as Deullie. I am going with you no matter what.” He retorted stubbornly.

“Do you know why they thought we had ? Because. They aren’t who they say they are.” He urgently whispered, worried that someone may be overhearing.

“What do you mean?”

“Leeteuk warned me about his in his letter. He says that there are enemies. Everywhere. And they pretend to be normal people, just to spy on us. We have to run, or else they’ll kill us and Sandeul.”

“But no one even knows that we know anything.”

“But I’m his brother. They must think that he would’ve told me. You have to stay safe. Leeteuk gave me strict orders to make sure that you are safe, because you are important.”

“If I’m with you now, they’d probably be suspecting something already. And if they didn’t even hesitate to kidnap little children, like Sandeul and Baro, I’m pretty sure if I was important, they’d take me too. Let me go with you. We can help each other.”

Kyuhyun hesitated. He didn’t want Sungmin to get hurt, but he knew that the latter was correct. He was not safe anymore, and if he were to come with Kyuhyun, maybe he could keep an eye on him, and make sure that he won’t get hurt.

He sighed. “Fine. We leave right now though.” Sungmin nodded and ran back to the bedroom to put all the clothes in.

Kyuhyun took another bag and shoved all the food there was in it. He ran to the study room and opened the first draw. He remembered the Kangin always put all his money and cards in that specific draw. He took it all and threw it in the pocket of that bag. Once they had practically finished putting everything in the bag, they went out to the garage and went in the car.

“We’re going to this motel.” Kyuhyun said, handing Sungmin a piece of paper with an address messily scribbled on.

“Why this one?”

“I was told. It’ll have our next clue. You have to follow me. I will not have you out of my sight.”

“I really don’t understand why though.”

“In the bag you’re holding, there’s a piece of paper in the front pocket. Read it.”

There was a silence that overtook, as Kyuhyun continued to focus on his driving, while Sungmin read the context in paper. “Leeteuk wrote this?”

“Yeah. He must’ve knew that whatever he was doing would result to his death eventually, and that he’d need someone to take over. They never had a widespread of friends, and apparently I’m the only one they trust, despite them lying completely about who they are.” He grimaced.

Sungmin noticed the hurt and betrayal when he said that and he looked down, not knowing what to say.

~

“Sungmin, wake up. We’re here.”

The said man tiredly opened his eyes and let out a yawn. “Already?”

“Yeah. Come on, I’ll check in, and then you can sleep there.”

He nodded, half asleep and held Kyuhyun’s hand so that he could lead the way, while his eyes were half closed.

They finally got their key and room number, and then took the elevator to go the floor in which their room was situated in.

“Here it is.” Kyuhyun said in a low tone, pulling out his key to unlock the door.

“Hm.” Sungmin replied, still not awake. “What time is it?” He croaked.

“3AM ish. Don’t worry. We’ll sleep and then find what we need and then leave.”

“Okay.”

~

Knock knock knock. Kyuhyun grunted. He was awoken by the sound and groggily stepped out of bed to open the door. Still half asleep, he completely forgotten Leeteuk’s advice to stay cautious and opened the door without caring who it was.

“What?”

“Oh! Fancy seeing you guys here! What are you doing here?”

“Who are you?”

“I’m Donghae and this is my partner Eunhyuk. I think we’ve gone over this last night.”

Kyuhyun was now on full alert. “O-Oh right. What are you guys doing here?”

“Just exploring the town, what about you Kyuhyun?”

Kyuhyun? He didn’t remember telling them his name and he confirmed that he didn’t when Donghae muttered and  and Eunhyuk gave him a nudge in the rib cage.

He pretended to not notice this. “Nothing much. Me and my boyfriend are just going on a car trip. He’s been nagging me for one since we started dating.” He replied, chuckling.

“Ahhh how cute.” Donghae squealed.

“Kyu?”

“Oh Minnie! Do you remember these guys?” He asked, putting his arm around Sungmin’s waist, when he walked next to him.”

“From last night right?”

“Yes! My name is Donghae and this is my partner Eunhyuk.”

“Would you like to come in?” Kyuhyun asked politely.

“Yes.” He turned to the other male who hadn’t spoken at all the whole time until now and smiled.

“Please, do come in.”

~

After only a couple of minutes looking around the room and asking a few questions, the two males left and Kyuhyun sighed in relief.

“Are they…”

“Yeah. They knew my name even though I never told them. They probably know yours too. Anyways, we should leave at 2.”

“To where?”

“I need to see someone.”

“Okay. It’s 12 now, so we have 2 hours left.”

“Go get dressed. I’m just going to look around.”

With that being said, Sungmin turned to the bedroom and got dressed. Kyuhyun, however, looked around the room to see any possible clues or anything. He came across the small wooden table next to the kitchen and observed it. On the bottom left corner, there were really small symbols engraved in it. 一三七.  It was Chinese, which translated to 137. Kyuhyun stared at it for a long time and tried to understand what it was telling him. He believed that it was Leeteuk’s message, as everything so far was always 137. He picked the table up and looked underneath, and to his satisfaction, there was something covered in duct tape that was stuck to it.

He peeled the tape off and it was a phone, with a paper connected to it. He the phone and pressed the home button with his thumb. His eyes widened when he saw a red light scanning his thumb print on button.

Welcome. Cho Kyuhyun.

His brows furrowed inwards and he looked at the paper that was attached to it.

Phone will ring in:

3…

2…

1

BRIIIIIING Kyuhyun jumped. How did they know he was reading it? He pressed the answer button shakily brought the phone up to his ear.

“Hello?”

From now on, you must do everything as I say if you want to save your nephew. There was a person speaking, however their voice was altered into a deep, booming voice.

“Who is this!” He demanded, but was ignored.

There is a meeting you must attend at The Golden Swan Restaurant, on the 2nd May, 3 days from now. There, you will have a formal conversation with the man who can take you to the next mission. That is, if he trusts you. If he doesn’t, you will die. Understand?

Kyuhyun quickly got a pen and paper and wrote this all down.

“Does he know who I am?”

No. You will go by the name of Marcus and your Mrs will go by the name Minah.

“Wait! Mrs? I don’t have a Mrs.”

Dress appropriately. Do not fail.

“But I don’t have a Mrs!” He yelled exasperately.

Do you not have a friend travelling with you?

The line went flat and Kyuhyun slammed the phone on the table out of frustration.

Sungmin rushed out when he heard the slam, but didn’t see the paper on the floor. He slipped on it and fell hard on his . “Owww.”

“Oh my gosh! Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine. What happened?”

“I don’t know. The person told me what we have to do next.” He retold the whole conversation to Sungmin again and once he was done, Sungmin had his face scrunched up and his lips into a pout.

“Mrs?”

“I don’t know. They didn’t tell me about anything. But they mentioned you.”

Sungmin widened his eyes. “They want me to act like a girl?”

“I think so.”

“But I’m a man! I can’t be a girl!”

“Sungmin. Please. We’ll buy you a dress and a wig and make up. Whatever it is. He said that if it works well, we we can go to the next step. Which is one step closer to saving Deullie and Baro.”

“But I can’t act lady like! I can’t do it.”

“We’ll watch videos... I don’t know! They just said that there had to be a Mrs.”

There a pregnant silence.

“Please Sungmin. This isn’t for any of us. But for the kids.”

“I-I’ll try.” He whispered. Kyuhyun smiled and hugged him.

“But where’s The Golden Swan restaurant? They never told me the directions.”

“There’s only one in the whole of Korea, as it’s the most expensive restaurant. But it’s 5 hours away from here.”

“It’s 3 days from now. So we’ll leave at 2, like planned, we’ll go to a friend of mine, and then we’ll go to the place.”

~

 “Why did you say that, Hae? Now it’s probably certain that they know something about us.”

“It was an accident, Hyuk.”

“I know. But even before that, they knew something. Come on, let’s go to their room.”

“But we just went.”

“Yeah, but you can only find out their intentions, when they don’t know you’re there.”

Donghae sighed and agreed with Eunhyuk. They then scurried down to the apartment room where Kyuhyun and Sungmin. Donghae decided to run in front of his partner, and once he got there, he quickly put his ear against the door to listen to them.

“Kyu, it’s poking me.”

“Sorry... I don’t know what to do.”

“D-Do you want me to help you?”

“No, you’re still sore from before.”

“It doesn’t hurt anymore.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, let me help you.”

There was a short silence.

“It’s so big, Kyu. How is that going to fit inside?”

“It will. It fit before.”

“Will it hurt?”

“No, I’ve put it in before, don’t you remember?”

“Yeah but I don’t even recall it being that big.”

“It’s okay, I promise I won’t hurt you. Just say stop when it starts hurting.”

“O-Okay, be gentle.”

He heard Sungmin whimper and Kyuhyun comforting him.

“Is it uncomfortable?”

“N-No. It’s nice.”

“Okay…”

“Kyuhyun, just do it faster.”

Donghae pulled his ears away from the door, feeling like a ert, and noticed that Eunhyuk was also there. He was pale but his cheeks were flushed in embarrassment.

“So, that was their disguise, ey?”

“Shut up. I still think that there’s something shifty going on.”

“Whatever. Let’s go now.”

They were still arguing until they heard the sound of an unlocking door. Donghae pulled Eunhyuk away and they hid behind a wall.

“Does your still hurt?”

“No it’s fine now.”

“Are you sure? You don’t want me to carry you?”

“Yeah. I’m sure. You don’t have to carry me.”

Both Donghae and Eunhyuk almost fainted from embarrassment and awkwardness.

 

Hi guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please comment and subscribe, there hasn't been much commentors at all, and I'm starting to wonder if this story isn't that good. Even if it isn't good, please tell me how to improve. But if there still isn't much, then I might not continue >~< Sorry! I'm acting all butthurt, but I just wanna know if it's good enough... Anyways thank you to: ernj-dews, Suju808, xiangyun98 for subscribing C: I hope to see more comments and maybe subscribers, if possible >.< But if I don't well that can't be helped xD 

Okay, that's it for now! Stay safe and healthy everyone, and I shall see you soon :D