Sunkyu

Revelations of Secrets and Identities

Kyuhyun couldn’t deter what had just happened. He walked over to the door of the room, where Sungmin had locked himself in and lifted up an arm to knock. His hand shook a bit, before he kneeled in front of the door and sunk his head low.

 

<>

Pink are the thoughts of Sungmin, and Blue are the thoughts of Kyuhyun… Enjoy!! :D

 

What just happened?

Why did I say that? Aish, I’m such an idiot.

He didn’t really mean it right?

Did I really mean it? I don’t even know. I mean, I’m not even gay…

I never even knew he was gay… But then again, I didn’t even know him for that long.

I’ve only known him for a few weeks. He isn’t even gay!

I’m not even gay!

Well. At least I don’t think so…

No, no, no! Don’t even consider it. You are not gay, Kyuhyun.

Sigh, why is my heart pounding? It hurts…

I’ve never even felt this way before… What is he doing to me?

I wish I was never a part of this.

If I was strict enough to make sure he didn’t come, none of this would’ve happened.

I should apologise. Okay Sungmin, on the count of 3, open the door. 1…2…

I should just leave, He’s never going to open the door and talk.

 

Sungmin reached out to open the door and opened his mouth to apologised, however no words came out as he was halted when he saw the back of Kyuhyun retreating into the kitchen. He let out a sigh. Maybe he was mad at him. He gently closed the door again and landed on the bed with a soft thump before crying himself to sleep.

~

“Sungmin?” Came a small whisper, causing the said man to abruptly sit up. He groaned in pain as he felt all the blood rush down his face, making him feel dizzy.

“Yeah?” He croaked hoarsely.

“We have a new mission.”

“Did they just call you?” He asked, letting out a big yawn.

“Yeah. We have to go to a mental institute and meet someone.”

“Um, what?”

“I don’t know. Apparently it’ll lead us to somewhere.”

“But everyone we’ve spoken to has died! What if this one die too?”

“Well they told us to. If we don’t listen then we’ll be the ones who will die.”

~

The car trip was silent. None of them wanted to bring up the topic that was conversed yesterday, but they couldn’t think of anything else to say.

“We’re here.” Kyuhyun said, breaking the silence, after an hour. Sungmin nodded and went outside without a word and breathed in the fresh air.

They walked inside the institute to the reception who smiled widely as though expecting them.

“Hi, we would like to visit Lee Sunkyu?”

Lee Sunkyu? Sungmin thought.

Does the name sound familiar, Lee Sungmin? He heard through the earpiece that he stuck in before the ride. He replied with a hm, making Kyuhyun glance at him with question. He had obviously didn’t hear the voice speaking to Sungmin.

“Lee Sunkyu has her own ward, as her personality can change any minute. Are you sure you want to meet her? She is quite… dangerous, if you must say.” The receptionist replied.

“Yes please, we would like to see her.”

“Alright. Right this way. Please follow Dr Hwang.” She said using her arms to show the direction to the doctor who was already standing there.

“Hello. My name is Dr Hwang. Lee Sunkyu is this way. Please follow me.” She said, before turning and walking. Kyuhyun and Sungmin walked nervously behind the doctor and within a couple of minutes, they had arrived.

“This is Lee Sunkyu’s room. We will have nurse’s waiting standby at the door in case Ms Lee has her episodes. You have only 10 minutes to speak with her, and after that, you must leave.”

“Thank you.” The doctor returned with a nod, before directing 3 nurses to stand by the door. She opened the door to reveal a pretty young lady who was reading a book.

“Ms Lee, you have some visitors.”

“Visitors? How Lovely!” She said with a smile of glee.

Kyuhyun and Sungmin walked and smiled back. “Well, it is nice to meet such handsome gentlemen.”

Just continue complimenting her. She will continue to speak to you about everything. Make sure you listen well.

“It is nice to meet a beautiful young lady.” Kyuhyun replied, making the girl giggle uncontrollably.

“Yes, a pretty lady like you shouldn’t be kept in such a silly place like this.”

Sunkyu giggled harder and smiled widely. “Aigoo, there are two handsome men hitting on me. I am flattered.” She continued, “This is such a silly place isn’t it? But they made me go in this place after I went hysterical when they stole my baby!” She said laughing, but after a few seconds a tear seeped out. Within a moment of 30 seconds, she burst into tears, crying uncontrollably. She reached for the blanket that covered her and blew her nose before wiping her tears, before placing it back on her lap and neatening it up.

Kyuhyun tried to suppress the disgusted look, and replaced it with a grim smile, as she smiled widely back as though nothing had happened.

“Anyways, they said that my baby is going to become strong and a leader.” She stated calmly, with a proud grin.

“O-Oh, um that’s good?” Sungmin replied.

“Of course it is! By the way, what are your names? I can’t just let two handsome men leave my room without knowing their names.” She said flirtatiously, winking at them.

“My name is Kyuhyun, and this is,” he glanced at the other who seemed to be thinking deeply about something, “Sungmin.”

Her smile faded, “S-Sungmin? As is Lee Sungmin?”

“Uhm, that’s right, how’d you-”

Kyuhyun was cut off by a small whimper, as Sunkyu shuffled away from them against the wall, repeatedly chanting “Lee Sungmin.” Both men were confused, and had no idea what was going on. She then let out a long ear-piercing scream, only stopping to catch her breath. By then, her greasy hair covered her face, and she began to throw whatever she could get her hands on towards them. Kyuhyun and Sungmin stood up, dodging the flying lamp, books, pillow, broom, and other objects.

“HEEEELP! I’M SORRY, PLEASE FORGIVE ME!” She screamed, sobbing as she knelt down, begging for forgiveness.

“Sunkyu! What is going on?!” Kyuhyun shouted amongst the frenzy. Her head shot up and her blood-shot eyes glared deeply into Kyuhyun.

“You! YOU! What have you done!” She yelled. She growled, as if she was an animal, and jumped on to Kyuhyun, pulling out his hair, and clawing his face with her sharp nails.

“Kyuhyun! Sunkyu! STOP IT!” Sungmin shouted in command. He banged on the door, wondering why no one had come in yet, and continued to shout at the girl who was still trying to rip the man’s face off.

Finally, the door opened, and two large guards walked in to retrain her. By then, Kyuhyun had scratches all over his face, and Sunkyu was trying to escape from their grip, throwing curses at the taller male.

The guards urged them to go, and they both scurried out the cell. As they looked around, they saw Dr Hwang frantically jogging towards them and continuously apologising. She had a first aid kit in her right hand, quickly sitting Kyuhyun down to tend his wounds.

“I’m so sorry for this.” She said once again.

“Don’t worry, It wasn’t your fault.” Kyuhyun replied softly. Sungmin was spaced out, as he thought of the girl in the cell. Why was she so hysterical when she found out their names? Why were they told to meet her? And more importantly, why did she seem so familiar?

A loud bang was heard, bringing Sungmin back to reality, as he spun around to where the noise was heard. The guard who had previously held Sunkyu out finally limped outside, his face was bloodied and his uniform was torn.

“Oh my goodness!” Dr Hwang gasped, as she ran to the guard who collapsed on the floor. “She’s never gone this insane. I don’t know what’s wrong!” She continued, running frantically to the small infirmary. She took a small syringe and ran into the cell, sedating the out of control girl. Once everything had calmed down, she sat down and took deep breaths to relax.

“Why was she like that?”

“She must’ve remembered something from the past.”

“But what?”

Dr Hwang sighed, “This information is confidential…”

“Please doctor.” Kyuhyun begged.

She sighed, “ Before she became like this, Sunkyu was a normal young lady. She met this guy and, I’m not sure, they had a one night stand or something. He left her and she soon found out she was pregnant. She didn’t really think much of the man, from what I have heard, and soon she had the baby. Within a week her baby was stolen from her by a man described to be in his late 50s and she became stressed and anxious. More and more happened, and soon, she couldn’t take it anymore. She began getting split personalities and when that happened, she’d go even to the extent of killing someone.”

“She’s killed someone before?” Kyuhyun whispered, his eyes trailing back the room.

“Not just someone. She killed her whole family. She couldn’t stop. By then, her sanity was deteriorating and all that was left was revenge.”

“She did mention something about her baby.” Sungmin voiced out.

“She did?”

“Yes.” Kyuhyun replied.

“Oh no, that’s probably why.”

“We’re really sorry,”

“No, it’s not your fault.” She murmured, as she fiddled with the hem of her shirt, “But I don’t think you should meet her anymore.”

“It’s okay, we won’t”

~

“Why would they tell us to meet her? She’s insane! She was going to kill us!” Sungmin yelled, as Kyuhyun was metres ahead of him in the parking lot.

“There must’ve been a reason though.” He muttered in reply.

Sungmin jogged up the other, and slowed down once he was next to him, “She didn’t even help us get anywhere though! Kyuhyun, what if the people who are telling us to do aren’t on our side? What if they are pretending to be, just so that we would get killed? Someone did kill Teuk and Kangin, who knows if they were the ones who killed them.” Sungmin blabbered all at once. He was scared, to say the least, and the other did not care at all.

Kyuhyun halted, making Sungmin stop in his tracks as well. “Don’t bring up the topic of my brother’s death.” He said coldly, and walked away, leaving Sungmin standing alone in the cold.

~

“Kyuhyun, are you okay?”

“Hm.”

“Can’t you talk to me?”

“What?” He replied harshly, making the other flinch. He sighed, “Look, I’m sorry, okay? I’m just stressed out, and then what happened last night, everything. It’s just too much to handle. Please don’t say those stupid things again.”

Oh, so my feelings are stupid to you? Sungmin thought, He sniffed, and looked away to try and hide the tears that were threatening to seep out. Fine, I’ll try to hate you now, happy?

Sungmin stood up, and excused himself. He left to his bedroom of their motel, and collapsed onto the bed, clutching onto his chest as he failed to make the pain go away. He bit his lower lip, as he stopped his sobs, and crawled into a foetal position. I’ll cry over you today, and today only. I promise, Kyuhyun, I’ll be a different person tomorrow..

~

Kyuhyun was awaken by a streak of sunlight that shone on him. He rubbed his eyes and yawned widely, before sitting up on the sofa he had fallen asleep on last night. He groaned, as his back hurt like hell, and stretched to try and relieve it. He looked around and checked the time- 7:24 A.M- still early. He sat there, recalling the previous conversation he had with Sungmin. He had regretted saying those words, but it was too late now. Kyuhyun shook his head. It was all for the best. To protect himself, he couldn’t risk having feelings for other people. As selfish as he sounded, it was the only thing he believed.

As he was still amidst of all the thoughts, Sungmin walked out dressed and ready, however something was wrong. He didn’t know what, but something was wrong.

“Good morning.” Kyuhyun said, breaking the silence.

“Morning.” He replied, barely acknowledging him.

“Sungmin I-”

“Let’s go. We need to go find Sandeul.”

“But about last night-”

“Forget about our conversation last night and the one before, it was all a misunderstanding.” He smirked, “No one would ever fall for a person like you.” He said, before walking out.

It would be a complete lie if Kyuhyun said that those words didn’t hurt. Because it did. It stung so much, but he couldn’t even do anything. He got ready within 10 minutes, and walked out seeing Sungmin fiddling with his gun.

“Done?” Sungmin asked.

He nodded, unable to speak.

Sungmin smirked and shoved his gun swiftly into a pocket and walked out the door, ahead of Kyuhyun, who was confused about the sudden change. As soon as he knew that the other could no longer see him face his smirked faded away and was replaced by a nervous frown. How long am I going to be able to keep this up? He asked, letting out an inaudible sigh.

 

So erm, how was it? xDDD Sorry about the uber late reply omg forgive me >~< And uhm sorry for the mistakes and everything, it wasn't proof read and I wrote it at 1 in the morning so erm yeah, I'm ashamed T~T Thank you to: marianlopez, xulikilla_elf, Aaleeyyah for subscribing and also to: Aaleeyyah, kyuhyunmyheart for upvoting :DDD Please do Comment to tell me what you think, and anything at all!!! ^-^ Oh, an tell me if I've forgotten to thank you when you've subscribed or upvoted AHAHA forgive me once again!

And please Comment, Subscribe and/or Upvote C: Thank you! Stay safe and healthy ^-^