Zhou Mi

Revelations of Secrets and Identities

 

 

~Just an explanation about what Eunhae had heard in the previous chapter~

“Are you ready?”

“Yeah.” Kyuhyun then pulled out something in which almost freaked the latter out.

“Why do we need that again? The last time you gave me that, we didn’t even use it” Sungmin asked, with his eye’s bulging out of his sockets. Kyuhyun was holding 2 guns, which he had taken from Leeteuk’s house. They had had it on the way to the motel, but figuring that there was no danger around them, Sungmin decided to put away the deadly weapons.

“You never know what we may face. Just keep it in case.”

“Fine…” He sighed, in defeat, but then winced. “ Kyu, it’s poking me.” As he was trying to slip in in a pocket, hidden under his shirt.

“Sorry... I don’t know what to do.” The said man mumbled, trying to shove his own in.

“D-Do you want me to help you?” He held the gun Kyuhyun was holding and tried to put it in the small pocket.

“No, you’re still sore from before.” Recalling Sungmin’s fall from before.

“It doesn’t hurt anymore.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, let me help you.”

There was a short silence. Sungmin was finally able to slip it in, and tried to re-adjust the position of his own gun to make him more comfortable, but it seemed as the pocket was visibly smaller.

“It’s so big, Kyu. How is that going to fit inside?” he asked, frustrated at the little problems.

“It will. It fit before.”

“Will it hurt?” He glanced at Sungmin’s obvious worried face.

“No, I’ve put it in before, don’t you remember?” He replied, trying to reassure the other.

“Yeah but I don’t even recall it being that big.”

“It’s okay, I promise I won’t hurt you. Just say stop when it starts hurting.”

“O-Okay, be gentle.” Kyuhyun tried to open the pocket wider, and slowly slipped the gun in, making sure that it wasn’t freaking Sungmin out. The cold surface of the gun touched his bare skin and Sungmin whimpered in fright, however it quietened after Kyuhyun reassured him over and over again that it was going to be fine.

 “Is it uncomfortable?”

“N-No. It’s nice.”

“Okay…” Getting slightly less worried, and seeing the difficulties Kyuhyun was having, trying to slip the gun in ever so slowly, Sungmin decided that, he shouldn’t waste time on this.

“Kyuhyun, just do it faster.”

“Okay.” After few seconds, he had put the gun in perfectly and they were ready to go. They had everything packed and at the front. Kyuhyun unlocked the door and was the first to walk out. He then turned around to see Sungmin slightly limping.

 “Does your still hurt?”

“No it’s fine now.”

“Are you sure? You don’t want me to carry you?”

“Yeah. I’m sure. You don’t have to carry me.” Sungmin said, touched that the taller was concerned about him.

~

“Where are we?”

“My friend’s workplace. It can help us track down who keeps calling on Hyung’s phone. All he needs to do is track down the location of where the last few phone calls were made and then with the technology they have there, they can re-listen to the conversation, and link up the voice to a person.”

“All in a day?”

“I hope so.”

Kyuhyun got out of the car, and Sungmin soon followed out. He squinted at the sudden rays of light that entered his eyes, but soon adjusted to the brightness and jogged over to the entrance. Without permission , Kyuhyun went to the 10th floor to visit his friend who he said could help.

“Zhou Mi!” The said person jumped up and looked up from his computer. When he realised who it was, he quickly looked back down and minimised everything.

“Kyuhyun! What are you doing here?”

If it weren’t for the serious problem he had in his hand, Kyuhyun would’ve teased the taller man endlessly that he was watching in his officeroom.

“I need your help on something.”

“Y-Yeah.”

“It’s about Leeteuk’s phone.”

“Okay?”

“I need you to track down the phone, and who was using it.”

“Okay, what’s his phone number? I’ll tell you the information by tomorrow.”

“No I need it now, because I’m leaving tonight.”

Zhou Mi sighed and pressed his temples with two fingers. “Okay. But it’ll take at least 4 hours.”

“That’s fine.”

“Okay. Give me the phone number.”

“It’s XXXX-XXX-XXX. Thanks Mi, I will repay you somehow.”

“Yeah, yeah, just go and get me dinner, it’s almost 6:00. I want my food by 7:00, so you go out with your friend waiting out there.” He replied, pointing to the man who was sitting outside, staring blankly at the clock with his mouth slightly open.

“His name is Sungmin.”

Zhou Mi smiled. “I can see a future for you two.” He said, winking cheekily.

~

“Let’s go.”

“Are we done?”

“No. He said it’ll take at least 4 hours, so we should go get something to eat.”

“Okay.” Sungmin stood up, following the taller man, who was already heading for the exit.

~

Dinner was awkward, to say the least. There was no conversation, apart from the common polite exchanges of words.  Both men felt uncomfortable and nervous, and Kyuhyun especially couldn’t fathom the thought that something bad was bound to happen soon.

Kyuhyun wanted the awkward atmosphere to end, and his heart was beating hard in his chest, as he was nervous about finding out who was using his brother’s phone. 6:45 PM.The time had read. It was enough time for Sungmin and him to slowly walk to his friend’s office and give him his food before 7.

He glanced at the latter, who was quietly finishing off his meal. “Do you want to go now?”

“Okay.”

The couple stood up and straightened up their slightly wrinkled clothes, and headed towards the exit. In the midst of doing so, a news report caught their attention, and both Kyuhyun and Sungmin were left agape by the situation.

‘We apologise for the interruption, but in breaking news, a bomb has just went off at a nearby taxation/ phone company. It is known that the bomb was triggered on the 10th floor of this building, however at this moment, there have been no reports of anyone killed. Officials have suspected this to be a terrorist attack, however with this little information, it is not certain. This trigger has- Oh sorry, it is now also confirmed that 1 person has died from this tragic situation. 28 year old Zhou Mi is confirmed to have died in the scene, as the bomb had exploded near his office, or maybe even in his office. Many more have now been pulled away from the scene with serious injuries, however no other person has been confirmed dead. Officials are now looking into who had met this worker in the past day, as it is also suspected that he may be the target, due to the location of the bomb. We would like to warn citizens to be careful as this may be a threat. More details of this situation will be reported once details have been established.’

‘Zhou… Mi?’

Kyuhyun felt numb. He couldn’t take in the new information, and he couldn’t comprehend anything. He was loss for words, and it seemed like Sungmin was also in the same situation.

“W-We have to go see this.”

“There’s pictures everywhere Kyuhyun. The news wouldn’t be lying. And they said that police will be speaking to people who have met him in the last day. Kyuhyun, I think we were the last ones.”

“So do you think they think that we killed him?”

“I don’t know. But it’s reasonable that they think that.”

“I need to see this with my own eyes though. I don’t want to believe this. Sungmin, I-“ Kyuhyun was cut off by a ringing. He reached in his pocket and pulled out the phone in which he had found in the hotel room earlier that day.

“H-Hello?”

Weren’t you told not to trust anyone?

“He is my friend.”

He may be your friend, but you are being followed with your every move. From now on, you do exactly as I say. If not, your friend next to you will die as well.

“No. He didn’t die because of me. No!”

Deny the fact all you want. But if you even decide to talk to anyone. Dire consequences will happen.

“What? Hello? Hello?” Kyuhyun pulled the phone away from his phone and stared at it.

“What happened?”

“I don’t know. He told me to listen to everything he says, or else consequences will happen.”

“So what do we do?”

“I can’t risk someone else dying.” He said, not mentioning the fact that the person on the other line had stated that Sungmin would die as well, “We will leave now.”

~

“I need you to tell me everything you saw.”

“I-I can’t.”

“Ma’am. If you tell us what you saw, and the last people who had visited Zhou Mi, we can track down who is in charge of this attack and provide better safety and care for you all.”

The lady took a deep, shaky breath, “T-There was this man. He went in with someone else, but I couldn’t see that person’s face. They went in, and it seemed like that man, was urgently trying to get somewhere. We went to tell him that he had to sign in and make an appointment if he wanted to visit, but he ignored us and took the lift to go up to the tenth floor. I saw him walk into Zhou Mi’s office, and they had a serious talk, while the other man who’s face, I didn’t see, was sitting outside.”

“Who was this man?”

“I don’t know.” She said, avoiding the interrogator’s eyes.

“I sense you are lying.” He banged his hands against the table, making the lady jump in sudden shock. “Who. Is. He. I know you know. Tell me, before I lose my temper.”

She whimpered, and hesitated for a long minute. “C-Cho K-Kyuhyun.”

~

“Here you go. Room for 2. It is just on the 3rd floor on your right.” The lady said with a smile.

“Thank you.”

The journey to their motel room was silent. No one dared to make a sound, and it seemed as though the sombre atmosphere and dimmed lights fully expressed the heavy emotions in their hearts. As they reached the door to their room, the silence was filled by a short jingling of keys. Sungmin headed straight to the bathroom, and Kyuhyun went to the sofa, where he the TV to watch for any new reports about the attack.

After 10 minutes, Kyuhyun was about to fall asleep, and Sungmin had finished changing and went out to sit next to him.

“Kyuhyun.” He gently said.

“Hm..”

“You should go change. If anything about Zhou Mi comes up, I’ll tell you.”

“Okay.” He mumbled tiredly and left to change.

It had been around 15 minutes, however it felt like an hour had already passed. Kyuhyun was still in the bathroom and Sungmin was fixated on the TV screen. Suddenly, a report regarding the attack was aired and Sungmin shouted for Kyuhyun to come. In a moment of about 5 seconds, Kyuhyun ran to the sofa and stared at the screen.

‘In other news, there has been new reports that 2 people are being suspected to be behind this tragic attack. It is believed that 26 years old Cho Kyuhyun had been the last person to have seen Zhou Mi before he died, and was also noticed to have shown suspicious behaviour beforehand. This footage shows Cho Kyuhyun walking up to the 10th floor with another person, suspected to be a male, and…’

“No… They think that it’s me?”

“Kyuhyun…” Sungmin uttered, however, was unable to form words.

‘Head of the police department, Kim Jong Woon has made a short statement about this attack, He says, ‘We are doing our very best to track down Cho Kyuhyun and his alliance. It is true that we do not know who that person is, but we believe that he is a male, and also in his late twenties, however this is just a mere assumption. We advise viewers to remain calm and go along with their lives, however if anyone has the slightest idea of where they have seen this man, please call this number.’ Cho Kyuhyun and his partner are the number one suspects of this crime. If they are proven guilty, they will spend a lifetime in prison…’

“…Lifetime in prison?” Sungmin asked in shock.

“…”

“Kyuhyun! I can’t go to prison!”

“…”

“If I go to prison, Sandeul… Baro. No No NO!” He said as tears fell from his eyes. Shaking his head to make him forget about the harrowing thought.

“We’re not going to prison. As long as… As long as we listen to what the person says,” he said, holding up the phone, “We will get out of this alive. Besides, they said if proven guilty. We aren’t guilty, so we won’t be proven to something we’re not.”

Sungmin sniffed, as he tried to stop his tears, the latter had a good reason, and he wanted to believe that he would be safe, but laws could be altered and turned within a split second, if the jury states that one was guilty, even if they are not, they will still be charged, this made him more paranoid and he involuntarily shivered in fear. Kyuhyun noticed this and pulled him into a hug, letting Sungmin drench part of his shirt with flowing tears.

As the tears died down, Sungmin became more weary and soon fell asleep on the latter’s chest. Kyuhyun didn’t want to wake him up, and so he stayed laid against the sofa, and slowly pulled the sleeping male onto his lap. Kyuhyun slowly closed his eyes, and soon followed him into dreamland.

~

He felt a vibrating object on his left thigh, and instantly woke up. Kyuhyun reached in his pocket and pulled out the buzzing phone.

“Hello?” He croaked.

You have one more day to get ready for your meeting. In one minute, there will be a knock at the door. Open the door, and there will be all the necessities you will need for tomorrow.

The phone hung up and Kyuhyun ran to the door and stared at the time on his phone. As soon as the 6:52AM changed to 6:53AM, there was a knock on the door. He opened it as soon as the first knock was heard, however no one was seen. He looked down and saw a large parcel, and dragged it in.

He took a long look at it, contemplating if he should open it, or if it was all a scheme to kill him. Eventually, with shaky hands, Kyuhyun reached out to open the box, however as soon as he touched it, he heard a whimper, which made him jump. He looked at the sleeping man on the couch, and saw that he was shaking and perspiring. He rushed over him, but didn’t know what to do. The latter was obviously having a nightmare, and it didn’t seem like it was going away any time soon. Kyuhyun lifted the hand closer to the other, and gently and awkwardly caressed his face. When the whimpers and tears didn’t die down, he took a deep breath and started singing. It was a song Leeteuk used to sing to him when they were only just a child, and when Kyuhyun couldn’t sleep or had nightmares. The rapid breathing soon became slower and the tears soon disappeared, leaving little sniffles. Kyuhyun decided to stop singing, and when he turned to leave, he heard a small mumble behind him.

“Kyu?”

“Yeah? What’s wrong?” He asked, noticing the way he cutely croaked out his name, or rather, his nickname.

“I-I had a nightmare about Zhou Mi.”

Kyuhyun took a sharp breath. “Are you okay now?”

“No… What’s the time?”

“Around 7AM.”

“Oh.” There was a pregnant pause, before Sungmin sat up. He eyes averted to the box, and he then looked at Kyuhyun with a questioning look.

“It was at our doorstep. They said that it’s our necessities.” Sungmin nodded, he didn’t need to ask who ‘they’ were, as it was pretty obvious. He walked over to the box, and glanced at Kyuhyun once last time, before opening it, revealing clothes, contracts, money and credit cards, and a lot of documents.

He took out a document and scanned over it. Kyuhyun noticed how his eyes enlarged two times the normal size, and how he placed his hand over his mouth.

“What is it?” Without a word, Sungmin handed him the paper.

Kyuhyun read over it, and soon realised why the other had looked so shocked.

Shin Dong Hee. 40 years old and the person at the meeting. Mr Shin must be executed, before you can get the next clue. Execution must be after the meeting. If orders are not followed, it will lead to one’s death.

Sungmin started breathing heavily and loud once again, and Kyuhyun noticed that he did this whenever he was scared.

“Hey, don’t worry about it.”

“We have to kill someone Kyuhyun.”

“I’ll do it. At least if we get caught, I’ll be the one prisoned, not you.”

“No! I can’t have you prisoned. Please don’t.”

“Sungmin…”

Sungmin put his attention to the box and pulled out everything that was in there. He saw the dress and wig that he was supposed to wear, the suit for Kyuhyun, more documents about the information of the man in the meeting and as he reached the bottom, there were a 2 small objects, and a glass bottle smaller than a thumb. Kyuhyun looked over his shoulder and reached out to take the 2 devices. On the paper attached, it informed them that they were earpieces.

He turned it on and placed it in his ear.

Tell your friend to put his in as well.

Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin and motioned him to put it on too.

Good. You will go into the meeting with this is your ear, and we will tell you everything. That glass bottle is full of poison, and only Minah can put the poison in.

“Wait, that wasn’t part of the deal. He isn’t doing anything like that, I will do it!”

If you dare to defy my orders, that will be the last time your friend will see the light.

Kyuhyun gulped and saw Sungmin noticeably shaking in fear.

If you listen to every word I say, I will guarantee your safety until the end, along with everyone else you love.

“You killed my best friend.” He retorted, gritting his teeth.

That was not my actions. However, your decisions and rebellion against me has caused this, therefore it is entirely your fault. As you know, from that incident, you are now a wanted man, therefore, in order to be safe, you must have this earpiece with you all the time.

Kyuhyun felt a hand on his shoulder, when he turned to see Sungmin, he realised that he was shaking with anger. His hands were gripping onto his thigh and his knuckles had turned white from the strength, however, he relaxed a bit when he saw Sungmin’s sad and worried eyes, and tried to reply to the voiceover, but couldn’t form any words in his mouth.

“O-Okay, we’ll do it.” Sungmin replied.

“What? No! Sungmin, you are not killing anyone at all. I-”

“I have to.” He said, falling to a mere whisper. He was scared, of course, but he didn’t want any of them to die, and if this was the way to prevent it, he would do it.

 

Thank you for reading!! I hope you enjoyed it. Thank you to: pinksoomi, Abhirami, fishball97, tttham for subscribing :D

Please Comment, Subscribe and/or Upvote ^^ And as always, stay safe and healthy!!!