Memories

Lucky Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rain.

It had always seemed to appear at just the right moments - moments of sadness.

Luhan watched the rain drops race down the glass of his window, but his eyes seemed someplace else, ruminating about all matter of things. But mainly it was just 4 words that pricked his heart and brought him to such woe.

I don't trust you.

But why? Why did Sehun suddenly grow so defensive and incensed by questions he was simply curious about? Why did mere questions asking about his family make him seem unworthy of his trust? Why?

He really did wonder. It had been hours since the incident, but still it played in his mind, silently lingering, making him lock himself in his room and simply sit on his bed, staring out the window in deep though and low spirits.

Contemplations ran through his brain, and memories rushed back into his already clouded mind.

"So what do you prefer - black or white?" Luhan asked out of the blue as he made fine on his canvas, giving Sehun a glance to the side before he resumed painting.

"What kind of question is that?" Sehun asked back as he scrunched up his nose ever so slightly trying to decipher what it was he was attempting to paint. He had barely gotten past brainstorming what he was sketching on the canvas at first, while Luhan was nearly finished with his painting of a sunset horizon.

"Just curious of what your interpretation of colors might be. You know, whether you like them just because they look nice, or if they have a deeper meaning to you. Or some like that I guess." Luhan explained, setting down his brush and examining his painting for any touch ups.

Sehun stayed silent as Luhan waited for his reply, before he said, "I'm not quite sure. White seems bright and illuminating. Usually representing positive things like heaven or a first snow. It's a sign of purity and light. Meanwhile, black is darkness, it shrouds whatever it touches. It always seems like a looming, mysterious aura, lurking about - like nightfall on the day of a new moon. But both of them are...how would I put this... Empty. They both seem hollow, like something is missing. Like how black holes are empty, and the metaphorical light at the end of the tunnel is empty. Both differentiate greatly; they contrast. But the one aspect that brings them together in harmony is their emptiness.

Just like myself. I have different emotions - bright and positive ones that can bring faint smiles to my face, and negative ones that make me regretful or miserable. But as a whole, honestly I feel empty. Idle. Something is missing in me, and I've yet to discover what. Yet, that emptiness is what makes me who I am. The bare void in me is what balances the positivity and negativity of my conscience. And I accept that.

So the answer to your answer would be 'I honestly have no ing clue'."

Silence. Luhan's mouth only lay agape as he relapsed the words that Dennis had said, which seemed much more than his average response of one or two sentences. A part of him wondered how he seemed so content of what he was saying, as if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter