Ups And Downs

Lucky Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It-"
Up.

"-was-"
Down

"-the-"
Up.

"Best day ever!"
Luhan landed down on his bed with a heavy thud, grinning and squealing. Minseok giggled, falling beside him. He shared Luhan's enthusiasm, his eyes wide and his grin as huge as Lu's.
Luhan could not help but feel like he was on the top of the world ever since he came back from his wonderful little outing with Sehun. It had been a lot calmer than he had though it would be. Also, he simply couldn't get that little laugh out of his mind.
God, I sound almost love struck.

But Lu didn't care. Jumping down the bed, he grabbed Minseok's hand and spun around in circles.
"Do you even know how happy I was? It was the best time of my life. We talked-okay-I talked and he listened mostly, we ate ice-cream and sat behind me on my bike." he paused, giggling. "I even breaked hard at some points to make him fall on but he didn't notice!"
Luhann lay down on his bed with a happy sigh, closing his eyes dreamily. His cheeks hurt from smiling so much.

"Oh Min, had I not known you that that you had the hots for Lay, I would have kissed him, for giving me such an amazing idea! Who knew his stoner brain had those capabilities! Where is he anyway?"

"He's got an important project for his English course, it's his Minor but the teacher still gives out work like a ."

Minseok kept on babbling but he wasn't listening. Luhan had not felt so happy in a long, long time. Grinning, laughing and talking so much that his face hurt. It was strange how much happiness Sehun could give him by a simple gesture. It was almost surreal. His eyes went wide as he remembered the day and squealed.
Xiumin laughed as Luhan jumped up again and squeezed him in a right hug.

"Lu, " Minseok said between giggles, "are you crushing on him?"

Luhan paused, his eyes wide. Pulling back, he frowned. "Of course not!" he protested, "that is just idiotic. He is hot, okay, but I don't like him! No homo."

Minseok frowned back, following Lu as he sat on his bed and played with his fingers. Minseok knew him too well to know what that means. "But why?" he asked softy. Luhan shrugged before bringing his knees to his chest.

Sure, he did like Sehun as a friend.
However, when it came to like liking someone, Luhan couldn't bring his heart to it. He had felt dead for a while now, and it was like Sehun was bringing his dead soul back to life, bit by bit. Without even trying. He liked that, but crushing on him was far and it made him scared. What if he did start to, in the long run?
Oh no.

"Tell me, Lu." Minseok's hand rested on his shoulder comfortingly. Minseok had always played the part of a bestfriend perfectly and Luhan had felt grateful, despite never voicing it. He sighed, before closing his eyes.

"I won't. " he whispered. " I can't."

×

Meanwhile, Sehun and Jongin sat in the room facing each other, their eyes wide. While they had only heard snippets of the conversation, one thing was quite evident. Sehun hoped it wasn't what they thought. His eyes went to Jongin, who had a creepy smile plastered on his face.
Pleasedon'tstatetheobvious, pleasedon'tstatetheobvious, please don't state the ing obvious!
"Dude!" he said, his grin wide and his eyes wider. Sehun cringed.

"He like likes you!"

Oh, balls.

××××××

"Hi Sehun!"

Sehun wanted to run away when he heard Luhan's voice next morning. The things from last night had not left his mind and still continued to haunt him. It did not help that Jongin had spent the rest of the time wooting "The Hunhan ship has sailed!~ " till Sehun kicked him out, whatever the that means.

He kept walking as Luhan fell into pace with him, his smile radiant.
Lu was confused. Sehun was ignoring him today, but not in the usual, 'oh-my-god-not-you-again' way. It was more like an 'oh--how-awkward' way and it irritated him. Still, he kept his cool as he smiled at him, talking about their project.

"So Sehun, did you bring the printouts? "

"Yes."

"Did you edit them?"

"Yes."

"Where are they?"

"My locker."

"Well, can I see them?"

"Okay."

He was getting annoyed by his one word answers and his smile was starting to fade as they both walked through the corridors. The silence was awkward unlike last time and he wanted to either strangle himself or Sehun. He resorted to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter