Behind the Laughter in the Christmas Day

Stardust

 

The room was filled by laughter and people’s chat, a huge christmas tree towering proudly next to the fireplace which the fire were still  crackling to keep the room warm. Under the neatly trimmed yew tree there various sizes of boxes of christmas present the Johnson’s twinnies are ogling about. The Johnson’s twinnies were Jimmy’s (Mari's half brother) twin daughters.

 

‘Why Uncle Jungshin and Aunty Mari didn’t come?’ asked Angela, the younger of the twin.

‘Uncle Jungshin is busy,’ replied Sisi.

‘Awww that’s unfortunate,’ Daniella, the elder pouted, ‘Uncle Jungshin is fun,’ she added.

‘Am I not fun?’ Kris butted in.

‘You’re too handsome!’ Angela exclaimed while her sister nodded excitedly

 

Sisi snorted at the twinnies were so into her godfather and Kris did not hide his excitement for being praised by the little girls.

 

‘Kris, my prince can I marry you when I’m older?’ Daniella proposed innocently.

 

Sisi’s jaw dropped, prince? Marry? All of sudden she felt that the heat crept on his cheeks and she can feel it traveled into her ears and all over her face.

 

‘Of course princess,’ Kris glanced at Sisi as he scooped the girl into his arms.

 

At this time Sisi blushed madly, how could she forget that event? Even Kris gave the answer exactly the same with 17 years back when he was proposed with the same proposal. But she did it more embrassingly since she cut one big red rose from the rose bushes in the back yard and asked one of the maid to teach her who to wrap it beautifully before propose to Kris.

And if you asked how she was still remember the event, it was because her granny stupidedly (sorry Granny) record the whole event and keep the copy until now!

None can hold back their feeling toward the man of god, Sisi sighed.

***

The night was slowly growing  but the party  still on going and it seems did not die down anytime soon. After dinner all of them exchange their presents but of course all the attention went to the twinnies. Both of them squealed in delight once their granny, Mrs. Johnson annouced that they can have all the presents that sitting under the christmas tree.

Soon, both of them were drown in the ocean of presents, wrapping papers and the empty boxes. Daniella was wearing a wolf pyjama while Angela in an angry bird pyjama with an oddly tiara on her brown hair. The younger was struggle to put a fancy hair pin on her twin’s hair and then she squealed once she open her another box and found it was twin-princess-gown in light blue color.

 

‘Ella, let’s wear this!’ she showed the dress to her twin.

‘Awwww so pretty! Yes Angie let’s wear it!’ Daneilla exclaimed and hurriedly stripped off from her pyjama. ‘Oh it’s really pretty, isn’t it Angie.’

‘Do you like it?’ someone asked Daniella from behind only to find Kris grinned widely.

‘You get us these?!’ Daniella’s eyes widened before she yelled to her mother. ‘Mum can I marry Kris?!’

 

The elders turned their head to the scene and much to their amusement Kris each hand was held by Daniella and Angela both of them were arguing on who supposed to marry Kris.

 

‘No Ella, I should marry Kris ‘cause this present is actually belongs to me!’ Angela argued.

‘No! —’

‘Well princesses, can I marry both of you?’ Kris proposed and a bat shrill of voices echoed the hall almost immediately.

‘Yes we will marry you!!!’

 

The laughter erupted among the the adult in an instant.

 

‘He’s really handy with kids, isn’t he? Kris’ must be a perfect father,’

‘He is,’ Michelle replied.

 

It took another hours for the both twinnies all hyper with their present until their mother annouced their time was up. Jimmy’s wife tucked the twinnies to bed which end up Kris did it because both of them refused to leave their seat until their Mum agree to let Kris to send them to bed.

The older were all resumed their chat downstairs and Sisi suddenly realize there one person was missing.

Sighing Sisi closed the door behind her, he was not there. Where is he? She was halfway down the quite corridor when she caught the drawing room’s balcony open slightly ajar. She tilted her head and there he is.

 

‘Hey,’ Sisi greeted as she pushed the door open.

 

The ones who stood against the wall turned his head and flashed her a faint smile.

 

‘What are you doing?’

‘Nothing,’

‘It’s cold here Lu,’ Sisi said and approached him.

 

Yes, he was Luhan, Sisi observed the younger in front of her, she knew, there something has been bothering him but she did not know what is it.

 

‘Is something bothering you?’

 

Luhan did not replied instead he looked up to the winter sky above him. It was bright night tonight, the stars sparkling happily just like what happened on the dinner just now, but did he really happy? He didn’t think so but then again his family was a happy family he may say. His parents are love to each other and they’re more like friends to their children, such every kid’s dream to have parents like him.

But ...

 

‘How close are you with my family?’ Luhan asked.

 

Sisi frowned, what kind of question was that? Maybe Luhan sense the ridiculousnes in his question so he added.

 

‘I saw you’re photos were almost everywhere in our family photos album, even on Mum and Dad’s wedding. How did Mum looked like when she was pregnant with me?’

 

Sisi turned his head almost immediately, surprise with Luhan’s set of question.

 

‘Why are you suddenly ask such a question?’

 

‘I was just curious,’ he weakly replied and he turned around and sat down at the wooden chair which Sisi followed suit.

 

From the expression Luhan gave her, Sisi knew that the younger spilled a little than what he think of  — whatever what he think is inside his brain right now.

‘Lu,’

‘Juniel is adopted,’ Luhan flatly said. ‘I know that when she got accident last month and I can’t find Mum’s photo — even just a single photo — when she was pregnant with me. All she had was Sehun.’

 

Of course Sisi knew about Juniel was being adopted, in fact, she was there when Kris and Michelle fetch the little Juniel.

 

‘I was born eight months before Mum and Dad’s wedding, and if you close to them even before their wedding, you must’ve seen Mum pregnant with me,’

 

Then it hit Sisi, Luhan was right, the first time she met the baby Luhan was on his first birthday, and Luhan was right once again, not even once she ever met Michelle being pregnant!

 

‘Look Lu, you, Juniel and Sehun are Michelle and Kris’ children, that was the important things, no need —’

 

‘I just wanna know the truth,’

‘Then?’

 

Luhan did not replied and looked away from the elder instead.

 

‘They has become great parents for all of you, what else you needed regardless you’re their real son or not.’

‘I just wanna know the truth,’ Luhan repeated his statement and Sisi could only sighed, Luhan can be so stubborn sometimes.

***

The conversation between Luhan and her was bothering Sisi in the next day despite the cherfullness and joyful christmas they shared, the possibility of Luhan was also adopted by Kris was intriguing.

Damn you Lu!

Sisi’s train of thought interupted by sudden laughter from below her and when she leaned forward to get the better view, she met one scene which made her cringe, Hyunjin and Juniel were happily chasing around down at the garden below her.

Hyunjin was chasing the younger girl who running around the fountain. Juniel maybe too small compare the giant Hyunjin but it made her so easy to avoid him. She was also quite good to trick him too, it took sometime before Hyunjin could catch her.

And this was the thing that made Sisi frowned, the way Hyunjin look at Juniel it was the same like ...

 

‘Sisi Jie~~~’ the door behind her burst open all of sudden revealing a miscehivious Luhan nearly same face a.k.a his younger brother, Sehun.

 

Sometimes for people who didn’t know  them, they will think that Luhan and Sehun are twin or Luhan is Sehun’s younger brother. Well, Luhan’s face is too adorable and none will believe his real age.

 

‘What is it?’ Sisi asked the boy.

‘Nothing, just wanna be with you,’ Sehun grinned.

‘What?’

‘You hear me.’ His grin grew wider and Sisi could only laugh. This boy was always have his way in everything and judging from his dorkiness, Sisi can’t help but confirm that he was indeed Kris’ son.

 

Unlike Luhan, Luhan though sometime he is such a dork too but he is more collected than Sehun, his preferences also often too different with Kris or Michelle.

 

 

 

Luhan ...

 

Wait ...

 

 

 

Did Luhan really ...

 

‘... i Jie ... Jie!’

‘Yes?’

‘You’re spacing out.’ Sehun pointed out and pouted.

‘Sorry I was just thinking,’

‘About what? Me?’

 

Sisi smiled and it swept away almost immediately upon seeing Hyunjin hugged Juniel

 

‘Why don’t we go around, sopping or something?’ Sisi suggested and she stood up.

 

The boy next to her have his eyes sparkling.

 

‘Really?!’ Sehun also stood up. ‘We go with Lu Ge too? — Sisi nodded — what about Hyunjin Hyung,’

‘Can we go only with Lulu? It’s been awhile since our bonding time,’

‘Yeah it’s true! Well only three of us right?’ Sehun excitedly cheered and hurriedly run out the room with loud roar

'Lu Ge~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

 

Finally update again!!!

Honestly I have no idea how to patched this chapter, it's unlike I won't discontinue but I have this habbit to write story from the ending, so yeah I already wrote some chapters but of course it was the ending ><

Well, Christmas is not over yet in my country so I wish you all a happy and peaceful Christmas!!!

See you all in the next update :)