Neighbours

Bad Blood (EDITTING)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The pair of siblings entered their home once again after 2 years, the sense of familiarity engulfed them as they stepped into the house. Despite the fact that no one lived in the house for quite a while, but the house was still the same, the only difference was only the addition of cobwebs and dusts forming around the house.

Hakyeon and Miyeon returned to their respective rooms and started unpacking their luggage, placing all their items to the respective closets and drawers. Within an hour, they placed their own luggage aside and laid flat on the sofa.

They stared at the ceiling for a while, not knowing what to do. After a while, Miyeon decided to break the silence and said, “Let’s visit our neighbours, we might have new neighbours, so let’s just show some courtesy towards them and inform them that we are living here, just in case they freak out and think we are robbers or something. Remember Mrs Ong? She did not bother visiting any of us when she first moved in and practically thought that everyone living here in our district were freaks or something and almost attacked Lee Jaemin’s grandmother. Good thing we were around the corner, if not Mrs Ong would have injured her, or even killed her if we were one step late.”

Hakyeon burst into laughter as he recalled that memory, he also continued, “Oh that Mrs Ong?! She is quite creepy too, she would occasionally steal glances at me and sometimes wink at me if I caught her staring at me.” He then shivered at those moments and wished that he could unseen those greasy looks Mrs Ong had given her. Luckily, he need not suffer those looks anymore for Mrs Ong had moved away a year before they moved away.

Miyeon snickered and commented, “Wahhhh, my brother has an admirer! Well at least she did not you or something, I remembered that I caught her glancing at you when we first met her, but she did not notice me staring at her. But sometimes she would glare at me as if I had offended her or something. If glares could kill, I think I would have been killed by her a few million times!”

The siblings burst in laughter as they continued to recall all of their other neighbours and their own bad habits.

After talking a while more, the siblings went back to the original topic and agree on visiting the other neighbours. He also added on, “Since we are visiting them, we should also give them some homemade food, that way we can make them feel more secure and can approach us if needed. How about this, you shall go to the nearest minimart, I think Mrs Kim’s minimart is still around. And you go get some ingredients and stock up some food and snacks, that way we do not need to keep running to the minimart anymore!”

Miyeon nodded in agreement and added on, “While I am at the minimart, you can go clean up and search for the utensils used to prepare the food. But then again, what are we making anyways?”

Hakyeon thought for a moment and snapped his fingers after figuring them out, “Let’s prepare tteokbokki, japchae and pancakes for them then! They are easy to make and can be done in huge batches so any leftovers can be used for our own meals!”

Miyeon nodded after considering all of the meals that her brother suggestion and change into a much more comfortable attire before leaving for the minimart.

Upon reaching the minimart, Miyeon grabbed the trolley and placed all the ingredients that she felt were needed to make the three dishes and added a few other ingredients on top of them so that they can make other side dishes for themselves.

She also grabbed a bunch of seasoning sauces, her last item that she needed was chilli sauce. She saw the last bottle of her favourite chilli sauce lying there on the shelf, she walked over to grab it. But before she could even touch the bottle, a hand took the bottle away from her.

Miyeon immediately looked at the culprit responsible for taking her chilli sauce away but once she noticed who it was, she quickly turned away and attempted to walk off.

“Noona? Is that you?” The culprit or the boy asked.

Miyeon turned around and said, “Noona? I am not your Noona. I have no idea who you are referring to as Noona but it is definitely not me.”

Miyeon smiled and turned around, but the boy ran towards her and grabbed her hand, stopping her from taking another step further.

“I know it is you, Noona! Where did you go these two years? I missed you so much!”

Miyeon wriggled her hand out of the boy’s grip and said, “I am not your Noona okay, stop saying that I am, I don’t even know you. Just leave me alone.”

Miyeon quickly pushed her trolley full of items and made her way to the cashier and quickly paid her stuffs and headed home, not even turning back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter